The Student Room Group

Embarrassing things in every day life

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Stacking over absolutely nothing and looking around to see if someone saw; there is always someone around to see...

But it takes extra skill to stack over nothing methinks :cool:
Reply 561
Original post by tnajamie
the old classic supernoodles hahahaha .. what flavour

It's a test on the market economy it is just soooo hard!

Curry. Now I'm stuffed. Couldn't even walk lol. :tongue:

Owh? Which part of it you don't understand?
Walking into opaque doors :/

Tripping over a chair in the library, falling against a massive shelf and knocking it down.
bikini top falling while at a public pool :facepalm:
now that just has to be the most embarassing ever
Reply 564
Original post by kka25

the whole thing lol basically, it's just worded so annoyingly
Reply 565
I have returned with yet another maths moment- this is by far the most embarrasing thing I've done- I was so surprised it didnt get that far out of my class though!

.Last month of year 9, in my 'top set' maths class with an absolutely awful,awful teacher who had no control over the class. With me at the time being extremely immature, I just ran wild in his lessons.
I was seated on the left side of this room, there was a channel between my column and the column next to us. walking down this got you to the teachers desk which was sort of in the corner, it was adjacent to the front desk of the column next to mine.
.Anyway, the teacher left the room. I decided to place a chair against the front of his desk. starting from the middle of the channel I jogged to this chair, put one foot on it and hopped up onto his desk, and then dropped off it.... pretty simple. After a few goes I placed a second chair infront of the first for a harder challenge.
.Later that lesson, the teacher returned, he was talking to a few people at his desk, whilst they were at the two most-front desks on my left column.
.For the second chair 'jump' I wanted to do a proper runup from the back of the channel, I tried this once, but one of the guys got in my way, even as the teacher was talking to them, he moved into the small area behind his desk to give me a clear path.
.I went for it, ran up to the chair, jumped to place my foot on it, but completely buckled my trailing foot on the edge of the chair
. Im pretty sure this sent me into a dive which I quickly then sort of rolled in the air, meaning my shoulder/back area landed on the edge of the teachers desk
.I bounced on his desk and a part of my body drove through a students desk next to his aswell- the person sitting on that desk shouted "hey!" as I flew past nearly hitting him
.With me I brought a tonne of stuff off of the teachers desk and the students desk onto the floor
.it all happened so quickly, and I just remember myself lying down just below the board with my legs sort of propped up,
.I was laughing my ass off, with a massive uproar in the class in the background, it didnt seem real...the sort of thing I would think of doing but would never do!
.To make matters worse, the whole collision caused my trousers to majorly split in the groin area... this displayed my package covered by (at the time) Y fronts to the four people on the front row (I pray to this day that none of it was actually showing, a slight chance they caught a sight of a few hairs, who the hell knows!), including two girls who were and are still are very quiet,socially awkward, against sillyness etc. The black one just had a complete look of shock on her.
.I got up after a guy alerted me to the split, and the teacher said I was going on report (made me laugh even more- what a ****ty punishment for such a stunt- I didnt even go on report in the end!)
.I walked home with the massive split which luckily, wasnt too visible whilst I was upright
.Since that day not many people spoke of it... which i am very glad for.

Overall, a better than expected outcome... what a hilarious moment anyway
Reply 566
Original post by Superwoman
bikini top falling while at a public pool :facepalm:
now that just has to be the most embarassing ever

Pics?
Reply 567
Original post by kka25

:topic:
Hahaha did I mention the time I put foil in the microwave???

Lets just say we needed to get a new one...
My teacher told me I needed a bra once.

That was a bad day.
Reply 570
In ICT. Friend moved my chair. I sat down. My arse hurts just thinking about it.
Reply 571
Original post by penko
In ICT. Friend moved my chair. I sat down. My arse hurts just thinking about it.

V. painful!

I've done it on a crowded bus several times :s-smilie:
bus started moving as i tried to get into my seat so i fell onto a guys lap... and then I attempted to get up and the bus jerked again so I managed to fall back onto him. he seemed so unimpressed.
Original post by <3 inbetweener D
bus started moving as i tried to get into my seat so i fell onto a guys lap... and then I attempted to get up and the bus jerked again so I managed to fall back onto him. he seemed so unimpressed.

This is why I hate buses; I can't stand/walk on them whilst it's moving without having to cling to one of the poles for dear life - serious coordination issues much?
I jumped on some womans back once, thinking it was my friend. She screamed, and fell over, with me still attached.
Original post by Disenchanted
This is why I hate buses; I can't stand/walk on them whilst it's moving without having to cling to one of the poles for dear life - serious coordination issues much?

Me too! I see people coolly standing without holding the rail and I've tried doing that before and I end up just falling into people.
Reply 576
Original post by DrFantastic
I went to India in 2007 for a holiday. It was my first time abroad and when we arrived it was amazingly hot and I was really sleepy. We got into a village and I went into the house and slept on the first bed I could find. When I woke up, it was late afternoon and I couldn't find my mum and dad. Thinking I was lost I waded into the next house and went into their toilet. Finding no tissue, I went into the kitchen and to their alarm they found a half asleep 12 year old asking for tissue paper. I thought those people were relatives and then asked where my mum and dad were. Only then it clicked that I was in a strangers house referring to them as Aunty and Uncle.

My family still laugh at me!

lol that is embarasing:biggrin: have u been back to india since?
Original post by praj1
i go to a school which has a majority of students that are british english
being one of the only indians on presentation evening is awkward...

the amount of times they stutter and pause with my name is so embarassing!....

what doesnt make it any better is that people are being called up in fours, and in my embarrassment i stride onto stage only to stop halfway and realise i gotta wait....

now im halfway....everbodies parents and the governers are watching me do some sort of retarted line dance as i frantically debate over whether i should go back or carry on....

ahhhh.....fml

aaah i know that feeling lol
Trying to squeeze out a fart as slowly and quietly as possible only for it to be a ripper.

One time I was upstairs on a bus with a heavy bag on my back, the bus turned I fell backwards and my bag got stuck in-between the very front seat and the plastic thing in front where the glass is. Was stuck there for a good few minutes before someone offered to help me :colondollar:
1. We were sitting in French class, the register being called out, and my mate right beside me is saying "is gay" after every name. It got to his, instead of shouting out "Here!" it was a big "IS GAY!"

2. I pulled recently, was taking my jeans off but they all bundled up at the bottom and my feet got caught and she joked "well hurry up then!" my reaction to this:
"Chill out! I'm not a neutrino, or else I'd have our pants off yesterday."
Queue the inability to get it up because of the embarrassing joke.

3. In a lecture theatre months ago, everyone's talking and I see a cute girl sitting down near the front, just as the lecturer clears his throat to start speaking I say just loud enough for everyone to hear "I'd tap that."
Everyone laughs at me, and people are wondering who said it, queue everyone starting to point me out to their friends.

4. I'm helping out at a school parent's night and we're setting out chairs. I'm moving one of those little two wheel trolleys with a stack of chairs on it. A teacher comments on how I'd make a good hospital porter, and I decide that I'm going to stop there. I stop too fast as the stack falls over. I dive around the trolley going "NO INERTIA."
People start walking past me shaking their head and making snide wee comments. :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest