Turn on thread page Beta

Heroin Misuse Essay watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi- i'm a second year pharmacy student and have got an essay which is-

You have been a heroin addict for 10 years. You have tried to abstain from heroin use on a number of occasions but only managed to maintain the abstinence for a couple of weeks each time before using heroin again. Describe and discuss how heroin addiction affects you, the society and the people surrounding you. Discuss in detail what drug treatments and help options may be available to you.

You may not use more than two internet sources (other than e-journals or e-books).

I was wondering if anyone might be able to give me any advice over textbooks or journals that might be useful for it? Really not sure where to begin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthewlines)
    Hi- i'm a second year pharmacy student and have got an essay which is-

You have been a heroin addict for 10 years. You have tried to abstain from heroin use on a number of occasions but only managed to maintain the abstinence for a couple of weeks each time before using heroin again. Describe and discuss how heroin addiction affects you, the society and the people surrounding you. Discuss in detail what drug treatments and help options may be available to you.

You may not use more than two internet sources (other than e-journals or e-books).

I was wondering if anyone might be able to give me any advice over textbooks or journals that might be useful for it? Really not sure where to begin.
    I'm only applying to do Pharmacy and work at a Pharmacy on weekends so I don't pretent to know anything but patient.co.uk is always a good site when people want to look up stuff about treatments I tell them to go on there/the dispensing staff use it all the time to do there NVQ Level3 essays http://www.patient.co.uk/search.asp?...heet=PatientUK Sorry if thats not what your looking for but its a suggestion.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 1, 2011

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.