Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Not sure this goes here but anyone read the i? Thoughts?

Personally I prefer it. I prefer to have the gist of things than masses of detail. Don't have much time to read it and it's, well, cheaper. Also being a small person broadsheet sized broadsheets are uncontrollably huge.

How does it compare to the Independent or other newspapers for you.

Some doubts though -

1) It seems to have more celebrity gossip than I would like.
    2) It can be decidedly left-leaning sometimes; I prefer my newspapers to be completely impartial.

ReputationRep:
    I never really buy newspapers during the week but I did buy the i a few times but I found that it was trying to cover a lot of stories but that came at a cost of quality. I kept on getting the feeling that it was just some admin, copying and pasting extracts from the Independent, editing the i. During the week I would just stick to the Metro if it's available as it is free.

ReputationRep:
    I buy it all the time. I think the price plays a big factor in that though. The fact you can get a quality newspaper that prints decent news and not some sloppy red banner rubbish at the same price is convenient.

The conciseness of it is also handy. Personally I don't really have the patience to spend 2 hours reading a huge broadsheet. I'd rather just spend 30 minutes going over the major headlines, which the i provides. They normally have some good opinion pieces to. I've seen some right leaning opinion pieces in there occasionally as well so I don't think there particularly that left leaning.

I don't particularly like that nearly half the paper is often devoted to homes, travel, fashion, entertainment, sports etc. but then thats just personal preference. For what you pay for it I think its a good paper.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.