Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Suddenly, I am absolutely terrified of going to university! According to these threads, I'm going to end up hating my housemates and hating my course. Oh dear. Does anyone else feel like this as well? Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to go to university next year (if I get accepted, that is), but these threads are positively terrifying! :afraid:

(By the way, I'm rather new to The Student Room, so I apologise if I do something awkward such as accidentally blowing up a forum.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Impignorate)
    Suddenly, I am absolutely terrified of going to university! According to these threads, I'm going to end up hating my housemates and hating my course. Oh dear. Does anyone else feel like this as well? Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to go to university next year (if I get accepted, that is), but these threads are positively terrifying! :afraid:

(By the way, I'm rather new to The Student Room, so I apologise if I do something such as accidentally blowing up a forum.)
    Not many people turn up at uni, make loads of friends, do well academically and have a great social life then feel the need to post about it on TSR. You'll probably be fine, calm down.

ReputationRep:
    You're never going to get a perfect world where everyone is happy.

This is a site where people come for advice, these are often people who are disillusioned about university life or their course. You're also always going to get some fresher who find it difficult in the first few weeks, even months, with homesickness and everything else. But things do come together for the majority.

People aren't going to create threads saying "la de da, I love my course and made hundreds of new friends" - but these people are probably the silent majority. Don't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Not many people turn up at uni, make loads of friends, do well academically and have a great social life then feel the need to post about it on TSR. You'll probably be fine, calm down.
    True that.

ReputationRep:
    The ones who are enjoying uni don't tend to post threads about in TSR; the ones you don't, do.

That's it. So stop worrying and cross that bridge when you get to it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The people enjoying themselves and working hard for their course won't be spending so much time on TSR.

Also, people are more likely to make a thread if they are sad at university as they want help and advice. If you are having a great time, you have less need to make a thread about it.

For the record, I'm enjoying university .

ReputationRep:
    Same as above, if it helps, I'm loving university and have a great social life and I don't even like clubbing Chances are you'll be fine

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 28, 2011
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.