The Student Room Group

Can someone please explain this for me?? C3 Algebraic fractions - Remainder Theorem

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Mr M
If you are seriously about improving, you must see your teacher. See him or her A LOT.

x4+x3+2x27=(x4)(Ax3+Bx2+Cx+D)+Ex^4+x^3+2x^2-7 = (x-4)(Ax^3 + Bx^2 + Cx + D) + E where E is the remainder.

ya i kno but i find it really awkward talkin to a teacher and i would prefer to do my own hardcore revision than ask a teacher :argh::banana2:

o ok i think i get it then now i will do some practice out of my book thanks for ur help!111
I do not mean to be rude dummie but you are demonstrating some serious misunderstandings on this thread

You say that you made mistakes during Y12 ... lazy etc

You are now making a major mistake by not talking to your teachers ... if one of my students had asked me for help on this question it would have taken me 5 mins with him in person ... we cannot possibly provide the sort of support that you need in this forum

If you choose not to ask your teachers then you are choosing to do badly at A2
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by dummie
wat do u mean

C3 is considered the hardest module in A-level maths.
Reply 63
Original post by TenOfThem
I do not mean to be rude dummie but you are demonstrating some serious misunderstandings on this thread

You say that you made mistakes during Y12 ... that resulted in poor grades

You are now making a major mistake by not talking to your teachers ... if one of my students had asked me for help on this question it would have taken me 5 mins with him in person ... we cannot possibly provide the sort of support that you need in this forum

If you choose not to ask your teachers then you are choosing to do badly at A2

i thought a c was decent ..
if i did ask a teacher tho even if he/she did help me and i didnt understand i would nod anyway or the teacher would prob think im a bit dim

i dont want to do bad in a2 but i would really rather jus do it myself and if any problems occur i would rather figure it out myself or my last resort would b here
cuz askin a teacher really isnt my thing.... i did this like um since i as a kid i wouldnt want to change now
Reply 64
Original post by Most Competitive

is it? so is c4 supposed to b easier?
Reply 65

not for edexcel...but for others board it is :colone:
Original post by dummie
i thought a c was decent ..

Sorry ... I was referring to your point that you did not do well
Original post by dummie

if i did ask a teacher tho even if he/she did help me and i didnt understand i would nod anyway or the teacher would prob think im a bit dim

I understand that you have developed habits that make asking the teacher difficult but it really is the best way

I have students coming back in free lessons, at breaks, after school ... whenever they need to if they have come across a problem or want to clarify something

I never think of them as dim I think of them as wanting to get it right and am pleased that they are doing extra work and checking it with me
I like it when students ask for extra help. Far too few do in my opinion.
Reply 69
Original post by Rahul.S
not for edexcel...but for others board it is :colone:

what is hardest for edexel then?
Reply 70
I understand that you have developed habits that make asking the teacher difficult but it really is the best way

I have students coming back in free lessons, at breaks, after school ... whenever they need to if they have come across a problem or want to clarify something

I never think of them as dim I think of them as wanting to get it right and am pleased that they are doing extra work and checking it with me

well i guess im jus not that kind of student and if i did ask i think i wouldnt get it anyway as from here, it does take several attempts to get it in...... and for me to understand....
Original post by dummie
it does take several attempts to get it in...... and for me to understand....

That is the teacher's job though
Reply 72
Original post by Mr M
I like it when students ask for extra help. Far too few do in my opinion.

then theres prob too many people like me then!
Reply 73
That is the teacher's job though

yea but i feel like im being difficult
Original post by dummie

Its there job they are paid to help you.
Reply 75
Original post by dummie

They like it, trust me.

Milk that teacher.

You consider it to be? or is this a given?
Reply 77
Original post by dummie
what is hardest for edexel then?

c4 is harder than c3 for edexcel...for the other boards its c3 as it combines integration and differentiation
Original post by BrianBlack
You consider it to be? or is this a given?

The A2 syllabus is the same so it depends on the exam board. I've heard a lot of people say that C3 is harder. In my opinion, maths is just maths and so I treat it all the same.
I've heard a lot of people say

Must be true then.

Quick Reply

Latest