Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The first thing that one should know and clearly understand about Islam is what the word "Islam" itself means. The religion of Islam is not named after a person as in the case of Christianity which was named after Jesus Christ, Buddhism after Gotama Buddha, Confucianism after Confucius, and Marxism after Karl Marx. Nor was it named after a tribe like Judaism after the tribe of Judah and Hinduism after the Hindus. Islam is the true religion of "Allah" and as such, its name represents the central principle of Allah's "God's" religion; the total submission to the will of Allah "God". The Arabic word "Islam" means the submission or surrender of one's will to the only true god worthy of worship "Allah" and anyone who does so is termed a "Muslim", The word also implies "peace" which is the natural consequence of total submission to the will of Allah. Hence, it was not a new religion brought by Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) I in Arabia in the seventh century, but only the true religion of Allah re-expressed in its final form.

Islam is the religion which was given to Adam, the first man and the first prophet of Allah, and it was the religion of all the prophets sent by Allah to mankind. The name of God's religion lslam was not decided upon by later generations of man. It was chosen by Allah Himself and clearly mentioned in His final revelation to man. In the final book of divine revelation, the Qur'aan, Allah states the following:

ReputationRep:
    WHY IS IT THAT MUSLIMS KNOWINGLY POST THREADS ABOUT ISLAM, WHILST BEING FULLY AWARE THAT THEY ONLY OPEN A DISSCUSSION ABOUT ISLAM WHERE THEY WILL END UP FEELING INSULTED AND HUMILIATED?

ReputationRep:
    Abdul, you have an identical thread to this.
    Stop it!
    One is definitely enough.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe if we all pretend to be converted they will stop preaching to us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    Maybe if we all pretend to be converted they will stop preaching to us
    Its not about the preaching, its about the fact that these people have so much respect for Islam, but are still willing to hear it being slated. Thats pretty stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul)
    The first thing that one should know and clearly understand about Islam is what the word "Islam" itself means. The religion of Islam is not named after a person as in the case of Christianity which was named after Jesus Christ, Buddhism after Gotama Buddha, Confucianism after Confucius, and Marxism after Karl Marx. Nor was it named after a tribe like Judaism after the tribe of Judah and Hinduism after the Hindus. Islam is the true religion of "Allah" and as such, its name represents the central principle of Allah's "God's" religion; the total submission to the will of Allah "God". The Arabic word "Islam" means the submission or surrender of one's will to the only true god worthy of worship "Allah" and anyone who does so is termed a "Muslim", The word also implies "peace" which is the natural consequence of total submission to the will of Allah. Hence, it was not a new religion brought by Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) I in Arabia in the seventh century, but only the true religion of Allah re-expressed in its final form.

Islam is the religion which was given to Adam, the first man and the first prophet of Allah, and it was the religion of all the prophets sent by Allah to mankind. The name of God's religion lslam was not decided upon by later generations of man. It was chosen by Allah Himself and clearly mentioned in His final revelation to man. In the final book of divine revelation, the Qur'aan, Allah states the following:
    I agree, but you should respect people's choices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    Its not about the preaching, its about the fact that these people have so much respect for Islam, but are still willing to hear it being slated. Thats pretty stupid.
    They don't listen, obviously

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    They don't listen, obviously
    as a muslim i believe that if you luv u'r religion you wouldn't allow other people to disrespect it..................so by making all these threads about islam and then making most of u guys disrespect the religion (not sayin that in a bad way! :rolleyes: ), abdul isn't doin much gud!

ReputationRep:
    wat religion r u?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    as a muslim i believe that if you luv u'r religion you wouldn't allow other people to disrespect it..................so by making all these threads about islam and then making most of u guys disrespect the religion (not sayin that in a bad way! :rolleyes: ), abdul isn't doin much gud!
    Exactly what I said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    Lol, that's more than just respect, that's just crazy.

Religion is something that I'd start argumentitive threads on myself if I didn't hold myself back.

ReputationRep:
    It would be a much happier world if everyone just left it alone and respected each others' beliefs. As that is what they are, beliefs. You choose what you want to put your faith in and live by the rules that they set down. As all religions seem to have peace as a common denominator it is rather strange that so many conflicts are caused by it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    It would be a much happier world if everyone just left it alone and respected each others' beliefs. As that is what they are, beliefs. You choose what you want to put your faith in and live by the rules that they set down. As all religions seem to have peace as a common denominator it is rather strange that so many conflicts are caused by it.
    Yeah, stupid.

At the core, religion is just belief really. Why do people take it so seriously? Why do they try and make everyone else believe the same?

Maybe the inventors of the major religions were just so arrogant that they had to force their beliefs on others.

ReputationRep:
    I've only read the first post by Abdul and I would like to say a few things:

Why can't all the religions not to differenciate and fight over who's religion is better?!?! I'm a muslim myself but I see NO difference in Judasim, Christianity, Zartush and yes even Hinduasm etc. Why do you ask? Because we all believe in the same God. We might refer him to as different hings but he is the same one who created all of us. So why can't we just ignore the differences and live happily ever after ? We all have different traditions and none of the TRUE believers think that their religion is the best!! Why can't everyone accept that all religions are the same (except different traditions) and live happily ever after? We are not black or white. We are different shades of grey. However as long as there is an element of black and white (colours that make up grey) then we are of the same origin and are the same!!!

ReputationRep:
    Christ wasn't his last name. I don't think they had surnames back then, hence "Jesus of Nazareth". I think "Christ" is a word meaning something like "the saviour" or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    Here's one. What if all religion is a load of crap and therefore there cannot be one true one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Here's one. What if all religion is a load of crap and therefore there cannot be one true one?
    I PERSONNALY DONT BELEIVE IN ANY RELIGION... BUT SUMTIMES IM SCARED 2 GO TO HELL ... LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammypotato)
    I PERSONNALY DONT BELEIVE IN ANY RELIGION... BUT SUMTIMES IM SCARED 2 GO TO HELL ... LOL
    You ought to worry more abt going to heaven.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weejimmie)
    You ought to worry more abt going to heaven.
    LOL DONT MIND ME ... IM JUST A CONFUSED PERSON
    WHO HALF OF THE TIME DOESNT KNOW WOT SHE IS ON ABOUT ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammypotato)
    LOL DONT MIND ME ... IM JUST A CONFUSED PERSON
    WHO HALF OF THE TIME DOESNT KNOW WOT SHE IS ON ABOUT ...
    No, I meant you'll find yourself with a load of religious maniacs in heaven.
    Bit like here actually.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.