Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

I'm wanting to do Product Design or Product Design Engineering at uni but I don't know whether to choose a BSc or BEng degree. I currently take Physics, Maths and DT.

Does anyone know which type of degree companies prefer, which has a higher employment prospects, or does it not matter too much? Any other details to help decide are greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter too much to be honest. But most people will get a BSc rather than a BEng because few courses offer a BEng.

Remember, one is bachelor of science, the other engineering. Which would you rather be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themagicpiano)
    It doesn't matter too much to be honest. But most people will get a BSc rather than a BEng because few courses offer a BEng.

Remember, one is bachelor of science, the other engineering. Which would you rather be?
    The name doesn't really mean anything to me- though in some ways engineering sounds more specific which can be both good and bad. I think I could cope with the different aspects within the degree, it's just deciding which would be a better degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themagicpiano)

What about a BA course vs a BSc for Product Design/Industrial Design course? What would be a better degree to have?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 31, 2011

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.