Turn on thread page Beta

Moving/Messing with the clocks watch

• View Poll Results: Do you want this to go ahead?
    Yes
    48.15%
    No
    51.85%

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think about this?
    How would it affect you?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...-forward-trial

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys get to have more sleep?

If so, then do it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amhorangerdgerriug)
    No. I have had enough of Europe tinkering with our laws.
    i agree, even to have a 3 year trial would really be **** take, it would just mess up our lives for 3 years

ReputationRep:
    if it means lighter nights in winter then i hate hate hate

ReputationRep:
    Can't they just get busy with fixing the country instead of discussing trivial crap like this?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not too keen, I like my mornings bright and helps me get up in the morning. Waking up, or even leaving the house when it's pitch black is just downright depressing.

ReputationRep:
    I find it really, depressingly hard to wake up when it's dark in the morning and it leaves me feeling tired all day.
    Will not be impressed if the mornings get even darker.

ReputationRep:
    Darker mornings, ugh no thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't really give two lumps of squidgey brown fudge cake to be perfectly honest

ReputationRep:
    If it means darker mornings then no way. I find it hard enough as it is to get up in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    So Greenwich Mean Time is no longer going to be the time at Greenwich in the winter.

Well that makes sense! Idiot politicians...

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the winter part, I like the winters being dark. I do like the summer part though, that way I wouldn't miss the bright early mornings and the afternoon wouldn't be so gloomy.

How would it affect the state of the country as a whole?

Of course it's got no chance, British people don't "do" change, you wont get a consensus on something half the population wont even consider.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Russian)
    Can't they just get busy with fixing the country instead of discussing trivial crap like this?
    that's what of the comments and said and i TOTALLY AGREE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nashy19)
    I don't like the winter part, I like the winters being dark. I do like the summer part though, that way I wouldn't miss the bright early mornings and the afternoon wouldn't be so gloomy.

How would it affect the state of the country as a whole?
    well no one would sleep, we'd wake up with dark mornings in some places feeling very depressed.
    people would be out later, more chance of trouble and what not

ReputationRep:
    How about just keeping the clock the same all year round? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    They obviously have their priorities straight. It's not like we have any economic problems to deal with...

LEAVE CLOCKS ALONE!

ReputationRep:
    They reckon that it will cut down on accidents in the evening.

What they are forgetting is that it is the morning when everybody travels at the same time so more traffic will equal a rise in accidents which will be multiplied by the darkness of the mornings.

Not to mention the government are affecting everybody's lives if they were to change this.

ReputationRep:
    So just one tiny law change, that would almost immediate improve the lives of almost everyone in the country? Hmmm, tough one.

NO! Down with change. Down with progress. Down with logic.

ReputationRep:
    British Summer Time all year round, making it British Standard Time. If we were on it now it won't be getting dark at 5, it would be at 6. You can't have GTM+2 in the summer here anyway, it would be light all the way to midnight. That's madness, we aren't even in the arctic.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 2, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.