The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doojam
I took the picture, haha :tongue:

And I know :confused. How are you feeling about it?

Meh we'll see how it goes. It's good how I stayed up this morning till 2 watching MiC :lol:
and woke up at 9.

:smile: at least I'll be extra tired so I get me some good sleep tonight. I hate the cube questions :frown: makes me sad.
lols I was gonna go to an oxbridge interview workshop on friday then today got told that I wasn't allowed to go anymore because they'd decided to only do it for oxford applicants :'(
Reply 2302
Original post by mementomori
http://blog.oxbridgeapplications.com/

Some good last minute tips for admissions tests tomorrow. I have the BMAT and I want to die.

Thank you! This is really helpful. My friend was like earlier 'you want some advice? calm the f**k down.' which is his nice way of saying don't stress out i think! haha
Reply 2303
Original post by Brand New Eyes
Meh we'll see how it goes. It's good how I stayed up this morning till 2 watching MiC :lol:
and woke up at 9.

:smile: at least I'll be extra tired so I get me some good sleep tonight. I hate the cube questions :frown: makes me sad.

You get up at 9?! Enjoy the episode?

And hopefully. You don't want to be shattered when you're sitting it. The cube ones are pretty much my favourite questions though :wink:
Original post by _becca
Thank you! This is really helpful. My friend was like earlier 'you want some advice? calm the f**k down.' which is his nice way of saying don't stress out i think! haha

hahaha, yeah that's what all my friends are saying too. It's sound advice but way better said that done... I may have an emotional breakdown on the way to school.
What course are you applying for?
Help / laugh at me? Like most people on this thread i am sitting my entry tests tomorrow...but that's pretty much all i know...I'm applying for English with French and i know that's ELAT and MLAT, but i've heard that MLAT is composed of different parts and don't really know which ones i have to do. At the open day they said there would be a linguistics section but on the website it appears otherwise...and i'm not sure if i have to do the Language Aptitude Test? :s-smilie: Or maybe it's just that French grammar thing that i'm going to fail...help? *foams at mouth*
Original post by tgarrud
lols I was gonna go to an oxbridge interview workshop on friday then today got told that I wasn't allowed to go anymore because they'd decided to only do it for oxford applicants :'(

but... you're applying to cambridge?
Original post by Doojam
You get up at 9?! Enjoy the episode?

And hopefully. You don't want to be shattered when you're sitting it. The cube ones are pretty much my favourite questions though :wink:

Haha no no no no :frown: How can you like the cube questions? How do you do em!?

If I sleep at 10 I'll get 10 hours! :woo:

hah yes I did! But it was soooo awkies with Millz and Hugs. But they made up with that really long awkward hug. I also don't like Alice.
Reply 2308
Haha no no no no :frown: How can you like the cube questions? How do you do em!?

If I sleep at 10 I'll get 10 hours! :woo:

hah yes I did! But it was soooo awkies with Millz and Hugs. But they made up with that really long awkward hug. I also don't like Alice.

I just sort of turn them around in my head. Sometimes I draw a diagram to help me :smile:

I get up at 6 every day. You are very lucky!

And it was awkward. I thought Hugo was going to kiss her when they had that hug that lasted forever. I know what you mean about Alice. She's beginning to irritate me already.
Original post by IzzyAnne
Help / laugh at me? Like most people on this thread i am sitting my entry tests tomorrow...but that's pretty much all i know...I'm applying for English with French and i know that's ELAT and MLAT, but i've heard that MLAT is composed of different parts and don't really know which ones i have to do. At the open day they said there would be a linguistics section but on the website it appears otherwise...and i'm not sure if i have to do the Language Aptitude Test? :s-smilie: Or maybe it's just that French grammar thing that i'm going to fail...help? *foams at mouth*

Erm. Have you seen the French Aptitude Test, the one in three short sections? That's the one you'll do. :smile:
Original post by Doojam
I just sort of turn them around in my head. Sometimes I draw a diagram to help me :smile:

I get up at 6 every day. You are very lucky!

And it was awkward. I thought Hugo was going to kiss her when they had that hug that lasted forever. I know what you mean about Alice. She's beginning to irritate me already.

Haha I do that but then I forget the second later...

Oh.. dear :console: *keeps forgetting people still have school* although on normal school days I just get up at 730 :tongue:

I know! I want them back together, they're so pretty and cute and aww like. You just so can't tell that they both cheated. Haha yes, Alice's voice/face really annoys me... I mean why bring in another caggie?

But Proudlock :heart: :heart:
but... you're applying to cambridge?

yeah it was a days workshop for people applying to oxford or cambridge with representatives from both present then today they decided it was only for oxford applicants :s-smilie:
that's the one! :lol: you should really start it! I've heard it's quite a bitch to research and write.

As in I applied and they haven't called hence I didn't get the London one :cry2: and it was at Westminster :angry:

p.s. where did you get your avatar from?
I plan to start on Thursday (after the MAT is done). But you're right that I need to get on. College want the written report finished by Christmas I think...

Ah :cry: Actually no need to cry, I only got my email at 8:18 PM last Tuesday night. So still two hours to go... and if they don't email you tonight then call them up tomorrow morning soon after 9am on 01299 829299. Make sure you have two topics from the news to talk about to them.

Umm I'm not sure where I first saw it... the specific instance here I actually created myself (from treble and bass cleffs from wikipedia I think). Although soon after making it my TSR avatar, I noticed it (in the same colours) on my Glee calendar...
Good luck!! I really hope everyone in this thread gets in, everyone's so interesting and unique:crossedf: Let's ace that test tomorrow!:dogt:

*Gone to make some sacrifices to god Hermes, who is besides all other things, the god of unexpected luck:biggrin:*
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by fluteflute
I plan to start on Thursday (after the MAT is done). But you're right that I need to get on. College want the written report finished by Christmas I think...

Ah :cry: Actually no need to cry, I only got my email at 8:18 PM last Tuesday night. So still two hours to go... and if they don't email you tonight then call them up tomorrow morning soon after 9am on 01299 829299. Make sure you have two topics from the news to talk about to them.

Umm I'm not sure where I first saw it... the specific instance here I actually created myself (from treble and bass cleffs from wikipedia I think). Although soon after making it my TSR avatar, I noticed it (in the same colours) on my Glee calendar...

It's just all fin and games for you this term isn't it :console: aww

Haha dw I'm not actually crying, I just feel so rejected! Maybe they will email me... or maybe not. We shall see! I like how you KNOW the phone number.

:lol: ^^ Naww. It's okay, I just stole one off flickr but oh yes! I thought I'd seen it somewhere before! Glee :heart: you music nerd :music:

Anyway, I'm guessing you're off to revise Maths so...

Good luck for the MAT tomorrow! :biggrin: Here is a lucky :flower2: for you
Reply 2315
Haha I do that but then I forget the second later...

Oh.. dear :console: *keeps forgetting people still have school* although on normal school days I just get up at 730 :tongue:

I know! I want them back together, they're so pretty and cute and aww like. You just so can't tell that they both cheated. Haha yes, Alice's voice/face really annoys me... I mean why bring in another caggie?

But Proudlock :heart: :heart:

Oh. Draw a sketch - it helps a lot. And rotate the paper. It might seem a bit silly but it is also really useful.

You don't have school? Hmm. You're such a mystery :tongue:

And I don't find her face annoying just the way she acts. It's true that a second Caggie is not necessary - she causes enough drama on her own, haha.

Does someone have a crush? :wink:
Original post by Devil_in_disguise
Good luck!! I really hope everyone on this thread gets in, everyone's so interesting and unique:crossedf: Let's ace that test tomorrow!:dogt:
Wooooh! We're all gonna get in and have a :party:
Original post by such_a_lady
Erm. Have you seen the French Aptitude Test, the one in three short sections? That's the one you'll do. :smile:

Is that just french grammar though? Just looked at the one i printed off the oxford website, it has 5 short sections...would that be all i need to do?
For the tests there's only one thing you need to remember. RTFQ

x

nice avatar
Reply 2319
Does anyone know if Oxford (or any other university) ever ask to see your EPQ?

Latest