Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

ReputationRep:
    The title is pretty self explanatory. Inspired by the 'Unis You Hated' thread, I thought a little injection of positivity might be a nice idea. Which Unis did you love and why?

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham!! Because it was beautiful and green and my course looked amazing (history) and the accomodation (catered) all looked really nice... and everything :love:

I knew I loved it after just half an hour on campus, it just clicked with me!

ReputationRep:
    I loved Birmingham when I went to have a look around. The Campus was beautiful, and my course looked great. Just a shame they rejected me this summer...

ReputationRep:
    Newport, just absolutely gorgous campus to live in and new, high tech people to study Film Production in. The course is on par with the one at AUCB (which I also loved). The people were lovely, the accomodation amazingly cheap and you get gym membership in your hall cost. The place is miles away from where I live so great for me.

Will be very dissappointed not to get a offer.

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge. :erm:

Spoiler:
    Show
    However Warwick is really good, so it doesn't bother me now

ReputationRep:
    Oxford and KCL are my favourite Unis that I'm applying too

Obviously Oxford comes first but I adore the course at KCL (for History) and it's in a lovely part of London.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Huddersfield - really liked the layout of the campus with the pond and canal and bridge and new buildings. Really liked the accommodation in the middle of the countryside and woods. I kind of wish I'd gone there actually. I think it might have been my favourite out of all the ones I went to, not sure why I didn't apply there in the end.

Birmingham City, Edgbaston Campus (not Perry Barr) - just felt at home

Swansea - because it was just across the road from the sea.....really loved that. The accommodation was bad though, and the buildings looked grey and run down.

ReputationRep:
    Visited a friend who went to Nottingham Trent - Loved the city and the accommodation and the Uni building itself looked very nice.

Bangor - the landscape and University buildings were amazing but I couldn't handle how isolated the place is.

I go to Hertfordshire - small town but it just feels 'right' to me. And it's a good enough distance from home so it won't take too long to go back if I ever want to.

ReputationRep:
    Nice to hear your responses

My favourite was definitely Oxford, I just felt so at home there (I live pretty close and my mum went there so I visit the city pretty often). The course is superb, the accommodation is beautiful, I got on really well with the people there and there's just so much culture and history. It's also the cheapest one of my choices!

Manchester- ok, several people seem to hate Manchester, but I really liked it. The sciences seemed like they have lots of contact time, I liked how the campus didn't feel isolated from the city, and of course there's a huge arts/music scene in Manchester I didn't get to see the accommodation however

Sheffield- the halls are placed in a beautiful leafy, clean area and the biology builiding is one of the nicest (for once!).

Leicester- Once again, student accommodation is in a nice area, most of the campus is pretty, it has large green spaces and one of the JCRs just looked fantastic. Again, I haven't seen the city centre.

ReputationRep:
    Every open day I went to went quite well.

My favorite was probably Portsmouth closely followed by Brighton.

ReputationRep:
    This thread has been done recently but anyway:

University of Nottingham:

Nottingham Trent University:

Royal Holloway:

University of Greenwich:

ReputationRep:
    I need Oxford in my life.

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge :love:

I lived there for three years and completely fell in love with the place. The general feel of the City is wonderful, I love the fact that it's small and can be navigated on foot, by bike or on the Cam if you so wish. I spent many a glorious afternoon just sitting with my feet in the grass, reading a book and soaking up the atmosphere. That's before you even look at the architecture, collegiate setting and great facilities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bron-winnie)
    Nottingham!! Because it was beautiful and green and my course looked amazing (history) and the accomodation (catered) all looked really nice... and everything :love:

I knew I loved it after just half an hour on campus, it just clicked with me!
    I stayed there for 2 nights at a Summer School, and LOVED it! I totally felt at home, the people and staff I met were lovely, campus was lovely, and accommodation was acceptable! Ha, so totally agree with you on this one.

I liked Leicester, it felt compact, and community-like. But I didn't like the surrounding areas as much...

Hmm.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool.

Went on an open day and loved it, halls I was at had their own park/river thing/tennis courts!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hull - Really liked the tutors, the campus, the general atmosphere about the place.

Lancaster - Great course, great tutors, great campus, great local area and a great distance from home.

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.