Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Sending my application on Monday but i'm worried I might have applied to unis with unrealistic entry requirements

GCSE: AAABBBBBB
    AS : BCCC (mentioned me resitting in PS and reference)
    A2 : AAB
    Course : Biomedical Science/Medical Science

Manchester
    Birmingham
    Leeds
    UEA
    Nottingham Trent

I know the top 3 are big ones but my heart has been set on Birms/Manc for a long time so i'm going for it and Leeds I know have an average of 360 points. My PS is strong ( so i've been told ) and i've already completed an mini undergraduate degree course by YASS, 2 Taster days, Work Experience and others to improve my chances.

I'd be happy at UEA however i'm thinking of changing it to a uni with a more reputable Life Science department, just not sure which one.

Is anyone else nervous about finally sending their applications off !? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    If your PS statement's good it'll help but one of the most important things is your predicted grades from your tutors, make sure you know what they're going to be

ReputationRep:
    My predicted grades are AAB

ReputationRep:
    Do you need to declare your AS results?

Its just that I wouldn't have thought they would have asked them to be put on the UCAS form? If you don't need to, omit them out of your form, reference and PS. Just enter in predicted grades, your AS results don't mean much as you can resit as many times as you like without needing to declare them to the universities. Otherwise you might end up diasdvantaging yourself with people who might have done poorly in AS results but with same predicted, and if they haven't declared their AS results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan)
    Do you need to declare your AS results?
    You have to declare As grades

ReputationRep:
    Yea this year we have to declare AS grades
    It sucks
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    The worst they can do is say no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    The worst they can do is say no.
    Well aren't you lovely.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YB101)
    Well aren't you lovely.:rolleyes:
    I think it's good, accurate advice and didn't require a sarcastic answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    I think it's good, accurate advice and didn't require a sarcastic answer.
    Wasn't helpful in the slightest. I joined TSR to get help from people in the same situation, not sarcy comments like "worst they could say is no"

But alright then, worst they can say is no then. We'll go with that then. Thanks you.

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.