Turn on thread page Beta

Hey guys,

So basically... I'd been with my bf on and off for 2 years but he was constantly letting me down, flirting with other girls etc. so before the summer I finally broke up with him as, as much as I loved him, I couldn't put up with it any longer. He went on a lads holiday and acted single over the summer whereas I didn't get with anybody else because I was still trying to get over him. Anyway, he called me towards the end of the summer saying that he wanted to 'try again' when we get back to university, saying that he'd changed and would be the way that I wanted him to be. So, to try n cut a long story short, he hadn't changed when we got back to uni - he said that he wasn't ready for a relationship, wasn't making any effort and I suspected he wouldn't commit to me because he was seeing other girls. When I suggested this to him he told he to stop being silly and that he was just scared of the seriousness of a relationship I had stupidly fallen completely back in love with him again but knew that I was being naive and unfair on myself to stay with him any longer so cut him off completely.
    Then.. on a night out with the girls to try and feel better I bumped into his best friend who I've been friendly with for a while who told me that my ex bf had been seeing other girls when we had been together since the summer. I was already heartbroken, and being farrr to drunk I ended up going back to my ex's friends house and we slept together.. The next day I felt SO depressed and guilty. Although I already suspected my ex had other motives and I don't think his friend was lying, I can't help but think that I was just taken advantage of at my lowest (and drunkest) point. Do you think that I should just cut them both of my life?

Sorry for the essay but would really like some advice x

ReputationRep:
    Some best friend he turned out to be.

ReputationRep:
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    Yes get rid of them both; your ex just wants to sleep around and his best friend wants the same too.

ReputationRep:
    Taken advantage of? As if. You slept with your ex's mate because you wanted to, to get your ex back for cheating. So none of this 'I slipped and fell and my tongue ended up down his throat' malarkey.

Now then now then! Yes you should cut both from your life as there's no beneficial reason to keep them IN your life when there's been too much water under the bridge and you oughta pick yourself up, forgive yourself for silly decisions and move along.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 30, 2011
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.