The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Anyone want james baillie?

Hay, im thinking off swapping my accommodation. Im currently in james baillie, and though it is amazing (everyone is so friendly and sociable), im a very light sleeper and am doing a very heavy course, which is not a good mix. Its a shame, because i love my room mates, but i also work weekends so i need to give my sleep the priority.

If anyone is looking to swap to james baillie, just lemme know. Id prefer somewhere the same distance away from campus or closer, so not oxley or bod.
And obviously, to be one of the more quieter halls. So maybe sentinel towers, or smaller residences?
Original post by Lunalocket
Hay, im thinking off swapping my accommodation. Im currently in james baillie, and though it is amazing (everyone is so friendly and sociable), im a very light sleeper and am doing a very heavy course, which is not a good mix. Its a shame, because i love my room mates, but i also work weekends so i need to give my sleep the priority.

If anyone is looking to swap to james baillie, just lemme know. Id prefer somewhere the same distance away from campus or closer, so not oxley or bod.
And obviously, to be one of the more quieter halls. So maybe sentinel towers, or smaller residences?

Why don't you put a swap card up on the noticeboard in the Ziff building? Although I warn you, you'll be inundated by calls!!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by accomoffice
Why don't you put a swap card up on the noticeboard in the Ziff building? Although I warn you, you'll be inundated by calls!!

I nipped in the other day and in passing saw that board and within about 30 seconds I had matched loads of pairs of cards with where they are and where they want to be; begging the question whether people just whack them on the board without looking at others!
Original post by Aaaaaaaargh!
I nipped in the other day and in passing saw that board and within about 30 seconds I had matched loads of pairs of cards with where they are and where they want to be; begging the question whether people just whack them on the board without looking at others!

Indeed. We do match people up ourselves sometimes but there's not always the time. It was meant to be a kind of self-service idea :frown:
Indeed. We do match people up ourselves sometimes but there's not always the time. It was meant to be a kind of self-service idea :frown:

Oh yes, you shouldn't be expected to look after it! Yeah that should fall to the students.

...Since im being nice to you and all that, if I slip you my name, you can get me in my first choice accommodation for next year right?

Right...?
Original post by Aaaaaaaargh!
you can get me in my first choice accommodation for next year right?

Right...?

I think you already know the answer to that one. Sorry!
I think you already know the answer to that one. Sorry!

:ashamed2:
Reply 7
Aye, james baillie is popular.

And i know what you mean, i contacted 3 people who had put their request for an accommodation swap on the board, all stating they wanted james baillie, but i didnt get a reply from any of them! Clearly dont wanna swap so bad after all :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest