Turn on thread page Beta

why do we need to employ people when we have machines? watch

ReputationRep:
    Call me selfish but if i was to start a business, to minimise cost i would not have more 5 employees and instead have machinery.

Wouldn't you agree that it is better to manufacture and produce goods in large quantities by paying for a machine than to have many workers.?

In this case, I believe the secondary sector is the most important than tertiary for providing jobs as it minimises cost to pay for employees wages.

ReputationRep:
    Am i seeing things, or did you really just post that?

ReputationRep:
    Well there's some things robots can't do that humans excel in. This is probably because we have a conscious. I wouldn't want a robot for a psychiatrist. People might also complain about the lack of human rights.

ReputationRep:
    in some cases it's cheaper to employ people than to pay for the running of machines.

ReputationRep:
    also people need jobs. who'd wana run a business where it's just them and a bunch of machines?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raach-jazz)
    also people need jobs. who'd wana run a business where it's just them and a bunch of machines?
    I meant in the context of the economic structure,as it's the source that channels raw materias to goods and sends them to the tertially sector,therefore it must be the most beneficial sector to concentrate of if one was to start a business.

It keeps the cost of production low as it uses machinery.and it is always reliable to work compared o employing workers in the tertiary sector?

ReputationRep:
    Machines don't run themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scorpio22)
    I meant in the context of the economic structure,as it's the source that channels raw materias to goods and sends them to the tertially sector,therefore it must be the most beneficial sector to concentrate of if one was to start a business.

It keeps the cost of production low as it uses machinery.and it is always reliable to work compared o employing workers in the tertiary sector?
    but again, it may cost more to run machines than to pay humans minimum wage. and machines aren't always reliable. They break down and may need repaired by a human which would cost yet more money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scorpio22)

If you think its cheaper to have machines make trainers than Bangladeshi children then you're very mistaken...

ReputationRep:
    there will be no-one to buy your products.

ReputationRep:
    In the future OP, this will be more commonplace.

ReputationRep:
    Eventually we'll be replaced, but until then.

ReputationRep:
    We do not know who struck first...but we do know that it was us that scorched the skies.

ReputationRep:
    Manual labour will soon be back in favour due to rising energy costs.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.