Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,
    I would like to start a thread for everyone who wants to be healthy but for some reason or another (e.g. lazyness, too much effort requird etc), has still not reached this goal.
    So I will start:
    I want to be healthy but I find junk food tastier than fruits.

ReputationRep:
    Fruits are nice. But being active is hard, but fruit > crap!

ReputationRep:
    Ever since 6th form and PE was no longer required i have been putting on weight. I'm going to do somthing about it eventually but will have to wait until nest semester at uni till I can pick up sports again.

ReputationRep:
    I have strong sugar craving and I am overweight, how to stop this craving I wonder...

ReputationRep:
    i want to do more exercise but i have two bad knees

ReputationRep:
    Wish I did more exercise... but it always seems to be raining when I'm in the mood for it

ReputationRep:
    erm, Like most people haven't been doing much sport after year 11.

But I Joined the Local NFL team, and started eating Healthily - after a week I felt so Much better
    Body and Mind just feels cleaner.

How did I stay motivated?
    Depends really, how do you motivate yourself to revise?
    Just depends how much you "love" yourself and how determined you are to continue with the plan/diet...

And of course Fast Food and Desserts are to tempting... but i dunno, once i got into the routine i wasn't craving that stuff :L

ReputationRep:
    I want to be healthy, but I just like food. Junk food, to be precise. I eat when I'm bored/miserable/stressed etc. PLus left my running shoes at home.

ReputationRep:
    Well every day I start off really well - I only have a cup of tea in the morning, then an apple at break and pasta or something for lunch.

But then the moment I get home from school, I snack on absolutely everything: Cheese, sugar, biscuits, bread whatever we have!

I'm always just so tired and miserable by the end of the day, so I eat.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like exercising in front of people, so only get time to do it when other people are at work/ out when I am at home.

ReputationRep:
    i want 18" arms.... but im 5 ft 5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HomeKAZOKU)
    i want 18" arms.... but im 5 ft 5
    its possible

ReputationRep:
    Stop eating bread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosieoconnor)
    Well every day I start off really well - I only have a cup of tea in the morning, then an apple at break and pasta or something for lunch.

But then the moment I get home from school, I snack on absolutely everything: Cheese, sugar, biscuits, bread whatever we have!

I'm always just so tired and miserable by the end of the day, so I eat.
    If you ate more in the mornings, and made sure you got a balance of carbs/protein/veg you might not have such cravings for food once you get back from school, and you wouldn't have what sound like sugar crashes.

Have some porridge or weetabix or wholewheat toast for breakfast and see if the binging behaviour improves.

ReputationRep:
    I want to be healthy, but I have a blood sugar problem, so I have to eat lots of carbs.

Not the most thrilling reason, I'll admit, and I'm mostly pretty healthy But it irritates me that my meals have to be far heavier on complex carbohydrates than I'd like, and that there's nothing I can do about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerily)
    I want to be healthy, but I have a blood sugar problem, so I have to eat lots of carbs.

Not the most thrilling reason, I'll admit, and I'm mostly pretty healthy But it irritates me that my meals have to be far heavier on complex carbohydrates than I'd like, and that there's nothing I can do about it.
    you're lucky, i would love to be able to eat more carbs and not put weight on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    you're lucky, i would love to be able to eat more carbs and not put weight on
    I do put weight on :ahee: It's just a choice between putting weight on and being hypoglycaemic pretty much permanently, so I sort of have to go for the former.

ReputationRep:
    I do put weight on :ahee: It's just a choice between putting weight on and being hypoglycaemic pretty much permanently, so I sort of have to go for the former.
    oh i see, sorry i dont know much about the condition, must suck

ReputationRep:
    High five! My bum has slowly been getting bigger but it's that or fainting at school, which is what happened last time I tried to eat healthily.
    My current plan is to keep eating sensibly, but try to do more exercise. It's difficult because I don't live in a particularly safe area so running in the morning/evening isn't a good idea, and I don't have a gym near either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juliewho)
    High five! My bum has slowly been getting bigger but it's that or fainting at school, which is what happened last time I tried to eat healthily.
    My current plan is to keep eating sensibly, but try to do more exercise. It's difficult because I don't live in a particularly safe area so running in the morning/evening isn't a good idea, and I don't have a gym near either.
    What condition do you have? Congenital hyperinsulinism, myself :yep: I mean, rationally, if you have a choice between 'be a bit fat but otherwise healthy' and 'pass out all the time', bearing in mind that repeated hypos cause brain damage, you should go for the former. But all the same. I enjoy exercise and I don't like having to shovel food down my throat when I'm not hungry, just so I don't pass out

Be careful with exercise and blood sugar problems (the adrenaline, endorphins etc can cause it to misbehave if you're not careful) - but you can combine the two Can you try running up and down your stairs a lot, or buying weights to use at home? Or, if you get a lunch hour/free afternoons off school (if you're in sixth form), could you go running then instead, when it was daylight and a bit safer?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.