Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I had some online friends and went through a paranoia/ time to grow up thing last march so I removed everyone off msn who I knew online only. Afew days ago I saw something that reminded me of the two girls and I noticed I missed them so today I readded them. I have some options on what to say when they come online:
    A) ignore it unless they mention it (if you pick this then select B,C, D or E for if they ask about it)
    B) say I have not been on msn much since april
    C) tell them the whole truth
    D) tell them the truth about why I deleted people but claim they were caught in the net by accident
    E) other (please explain)

also how can I start up the convo
    1) as if nothing happened
    2) long time no see
    3) tell them I missed them
    4) start from square one

Ps I know im an idiot for doing in the first place

ReputationRep:
    Tell them that you're stuck in the year 2005.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Overstood)
    Tell them that you still live in 2005.
    msns better than facebook chat, at least you know they are there JUST to chat

ReputationRep:
    Tell them that you still live in 2005.
    yeh.

ReputationRep:
    wait I thought people stopped using msn in '06.

ReputationRep:
    Send them a group mail on facebook asking for their ID's.

If they bother asking why, tell them you had some problems with your msn recently.

Edit : Oh wait, you already re-added them :ahee:
    Then tell them your msn was messed up so you downloaded it again and thus lost all your contacts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOA)
    I had some online friends and went through a paranoia/ time to grow up thing last march so I removed everyone off msn who I knew online only. Afew days ago I saw something that reminded me of the two girls and I noticed I missed them so today I readded them. I have some options on what to say when they come online:
    A) ignore it unless they mention it (if you pick this then select B,C, D or E for if they ask about it)
    B) say I have not been on msn much since april
    C) tell them the whole truth
    D) tell them the truth about why I deleted people but claim they were caught in the net by accident
    E) other (please explain)

also how can I start up the convo
    1) as if nothing happened
    2) long time no see
    3) tell them I missed them
    4) start from square one

Ps I know im an idiot for doing in the first place
    I've done the exact same thing before, for the exact same reason. I re-added the ones that meant a lot to me and told them the truth. Not worth re-adding them if you're not prepared to be honest with them.

Starting up a convo, just say you missed them.

My friends forgave me and everything is all fine now good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DScofield)
    wait I thought people stopped using msn in '06.

(Original post by carpe diem 123)
    yeh.

Tell them that you're stuck in the year 2005.
    please note this reply has been done, theres no need for it to be repeated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by confuzzled92)
    Send them a group mail on facebook asking for their ID's.

If they bother asking why, tell them you had some problems with your msn recently.

Edit : Oh wait, you already re-added them :facepalm:
    Then tell them your msn was messed up so you downloaded it again and thus lost all your contacts.
    Thats really helpful thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheQuietOne)
    I've done the exact same thing before, for the exact same reason. I re-added the ones that meant a lot to me and told them the truth. Not worth re-adding them if you're not prepared to be honest with them.

Starting up a convo, just say you missed them.

My friends forgave me and everything is all fine now good luck.
    I dont know what came over me tbh, these two do mean alot to me they are the only 2 of 30 im readding

Wont that make me sound abit sad to them

was everything ok with your friends?

ReputationRep:
    MSN dayz are over man, s'all bout Yahoo Messenger now ya getme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOA)
    I dont know what came over me tbh, these two do mean alot to me they are the only 2 of 30 im readding

Wont that make me sound abit sad to them

was everything ok with your friends?
    Most just had a jokey rant at me, some got a little upset but they saw I was genuine and after a few chats everything was like old times again.
    I do suggest strongly that you're honest though, and do your best to show them you're not going to do it again. I've lied to online friends before about why I stopped talking/deleted/ignored them and it just ended badly every time. Your honesty here is better in the long run for both you and them.

They might think you're a little sad, they might not...I can't say since I don't know them...but if they were good friends it will be okay.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 30, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.