The Student Room Group

2012 applicants thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tsrapp
sent of ucas 29th october. bham replied to me on the 4th of october.

If you insist.... :stupid::eyeball:
Reply 1021
Original post by racheatworld
If you insist.... :stupid::eyeball:

oh lol 29th september.
Original post by tsrapp
oh lol 29th september.

Haha I thought so. :wink:

Best of luck for your interview!
Reply 1023
Anyone got any offers?
Original post by tsrapp
oh lol 29th september.

thats the quickiest i have ever heard of someone receiving an interview.
i would have asssumed you would have sent your application of early september.
Bham must like you lol.
Reply 1025
haha.
lets just hope for the best. I know i was reasonably shocked too... i was expecting december/ jan :s-smilie:
Original post by undertaker1
thats the quickiest i have ever heard of someone receiving an interview.
i would have asssumed you would have sent your application of early september.
Bham must like you lol.

That would strike me as pretty bad practice, sending out interviews before all applications had been received.
Then again If they have a checklist rather than comparative criteria I suppose that's OK
Reply 1027
Original post by cptKernow
That would strike me as pretty bad practice, sending out interviews before all applications had been received.
Then again If they have a checklist rather than comparative criteria I suppose that's OK

They sent out the interview yesterday morning, 4th October is when Bham recieved my application. Sorry for the confusion :smile:
Reply 1028
Original post by claireytoothfairy
Has anyone had any confirmation from Aberdeen? Had confirmations from Liverpool and Peninsula and got an interview at Manchester but Aberdeen are very quiet... I applied mid-september so its been quite a while!

congrats on ur IV from manchester! are you a graduate? i applied there too but havent heard back yet :frown: when did you find out you had an IV and was it throught post or email?
thanks
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1029
Original post by tsrapp
nope none either. but birmingham invited me for an interview on the 3rd, so hopefully that goes well :smile:

Oh woow!! congrats on your interview :smile: good luck. I'm sure you'll do great :biggrin:
Reply 1030
Original post by abc786
Anyone got any offers?

why, have you?
Reply 1031
Original post by kubs
Oh woow!! congrats on your interview :smile: good luck. I'm sure you'll do great :biggrin:

thank you. Do you by any chance know if they require proof of manual dexterity as i cannot find any information about their interviews on their website.
Reply 1032
Original post by tsrapp
thank you. Do you by any chance know if they require proof of manual dexterity as i cannot find any information about their interviews on their website.

im not sure, but i would take proof just in case if they want to see it -- just as a precaution :smile:
Reply 1033
Original post by pb101
congrats on ur IV from manchester! are you a graduate? i applied there too but havent heard back yet :frown: when did you find out you had an IV and was it throught post or email?
thanks

doesnt manchester use ukcat? i gues not really...
Reply 1034
Original post by kubs
im not sure, but i would take proof just in case if they want to see it -- just as a precaution :smile:

I think that is probably the safest option. Thank you :smile:
Original post by Weezy_F
doesnt manchester use ukcat? i gues not really...

Yeah I did the ukcat for Manchester, got 760
Original post by pb101
thanks

Thanks! :smile: yeah am a graduate (well I will be ha, in my final year ATM) I found out on Friday, I'm doing my current degree at Manchester and its a dental degree so same faculty; I just happened to be in the office and they told me in person.. Sorry not much help!
Reply 1037
Yeah I did the ukcat for Manchester, got 760

yeah, i mean, they dont get ukcat till november...i gues they use it for those who dont have the entry req already..well done! :smile:
Reply 1038
Anyone got any interviews yet?

didnt you get one fromm manchester?

you must be like the first person to
Original post by Weezy_F
yeah, i mean, they dont get ukcat till november...i gues they use it for those who dont have the entry req already..well done! :smile:

I asked admissions last year she said they dont really look at it but they probs tell everyone diff stories ha :/

Quick Reply

Latest