The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

John Snow College?

Just want to know a bit about it really...

What's good about it?
What's bad about it?
How is it thought of by other colleges?
Would you recommend it?

Thankyou very much, TSR.

:redface:
Reply 1
Anyone?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
:bump:

:sucks:
I want to know this too :frown: I wish someone would answer :L
It's one of the 2 Stockton Colleges, most Durham City people don't know the difference between the 2 and just see it as one of the Stockton's, Stockton people either love it (Snow people) or hate it (stevos). I think it's the more formal of the 2 Stockton colleges but that's about all I know.
Reply 5
Original post by Sophie1805
Just want to know a bit about it really...

What's good about it?
What's bad about it?
How is it thought of by other colleges?
Would you recommend it?

Thankyou very much, TSR.

:redface:

I can't answer your questions but if you go onto the Durham website, you can do the 'which college is right for me?' quiz which should help you decide between Snow and Stephenson.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by angelmxxx
I can't answer your questions but if you go onto the Durham website, you can do the 'which college is right for me?' quiz which should help you decide between Snow and Stephenson.

Yeah, I did that last night, realised I chose the wrong one... Ooops.
I'm a first year student in John Snow halls. All the rooms are ensuite with a decent size kitchen. There is a bar in the college that is literally 10 steps away from your front door. The college is really friendly and everyone seems to get on. Between this college and stevo i would say that John Snow is the better one simply because the atmosphere here just seem so much more relaxed. It's got one of the best rowing teams in Durham uni and some of the best accommodation seen as the buildings are less than 20 years old. Would recommend. (I'm glad i came to John Snow rather than Stevo to be honest.)
Hope this is what you were looking for.
John Snow was in liverpool uni guild last week, kinda cool... :P just had to say lol
Original post by showtimecircus
I'm a first year student in John Snow halls. All the rooms are ensuite with a decent size kitchen. There is a bar in the college that is literally 10 steps away from your front door. The college is really friendly and everyone seems to get on. Between this college and stevo i would say that John Snow is the better one simply because the atmosphere here just seem so much more relaxed. It's got one of the best rowing teams in Durham uni and some of the best accommodation seen as the buildings are less than 20 years old. Would recommend. (I'm glad i came to John Snow rather than Stevo to be honest.)
Hope this is what you were looking for.

What do you study? :smile: Is it much different from stevo then? Is it equal amounts of boys and girls? :smile:
Original post by scaredofexams
What do you study? :smile: Is it much different from stevo then? Is it equal amounts of boys and girls? :smile:

I'm a second year in Stevo and I'd say it prolly doesnt matter much. I loved Stevo simply cuz I used to be really lazy and so liked being close to lectures, library, gym/sports hall and college dining...they're all like right next to it. That meant less time was wasted and was used productively. It also had the better accommodation although our rent was 200 quid more last yr, so up to u if u want tht.

John Snow is more close knit possibly cuz its slightly smaller and the buildings are compact, also I guess ppl walk together or see each other on the way to lectures more often since its more far. Its got the small Sainsbury's and the pub right next to it, so really useful for food. Its not that far frm the lectures and stuff either tho.

This is just an over analysis, u'll enjoy it no matter which one u choose :smile: Both of them have a few societies but they arent exclusive, so u can join some frm both.

Quick Reply

Latest