Turn on thread page Beta

oh no (panic attack) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gem)
    Well I'm glad we agree on something, but MNBStyle is right, the article is really misleading and will cause people who suffer from panic attacks panic more if it's not made clearer! You can't argue with that point.
    actually i pointed out that it can make panic attacks worse if it's not made clearer/deleted. he just had a go for me pointing it out and explaining why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazza)
    can you change it please?
    Ive changed it for you
    And ive suffer from severe anxiety yes and the many conditions associated with it.
    As gem said i have a point about the website in question, as in they set it out to create doubt therefore people wont bother waiting around to find out if you really can die from a panic attack,
    As they will be to worried to take that chance, so they see it as the sooner i order this stuff the sooner ill be safe.
    Its a classic (yet disturbing) psychological tactic

ReputationRep:
    right to make this clear

if you had read my post i said "also it does not say you can. it says "i heard" you can", in which i was quoting from the article.

you should know that reassurance and a physical reason to why you can't die is more effective than purely saying "you can't die. it's a sales tactic". personally if i was hyperventilating i wouldn't think "they only said it as a sales tactic", i think "my body will knock me out before i can die"

just to make this clear. i DONT like people making me look stupid. i DONT need constantly critisising my posts for absolutly no reason. and i'm in a really crap uptight mood now

ReputationRep:
    Erm....ok? Are you OK?

Group hug? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazza)
    you should know that reassurance and a physical reason to why you can't die is more effective than purely saying "you can't die.
    I agree and thats why that website sells products read the quote and think about it,
    and for some thats where rational thinking would come into play anyway but obviously i know thats alot easier said than done when your in the middle of a panic attack or before.
    Will you please stop making out im making you look stupid or critisising you, as im not and i said sorry if it came across that way but then again if i wanted to im free to aint i???

ReputationRep:
    I get them sometimes and they aren't nice.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.