The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by FunkeyMunkey
How did you find it? And is it normal for them to ask you take all your clothes off from the top half of your body?

I've had several done before and not had any problems. Some they've let me keep my bra on, other's wanted everything off but it's always been very professional.
I had one a few days ago (Wednesday) actually!

I had to remove my bra, but I removed my bra with my top still on and had a small towel to protect my modesty, and the doctor slipped her hands under my top to apply the metal thingies. So bra was off, but I wasn't 'exposed'.

The whole experience was a bit bizarre - I'm in Tokyo and their health checks are really rigorous compared to the UK. I had an ECG, Blood tests, urinalysis and a chest X ray, among all the normal stuff (blood pressure etc). Apparently got sinus arrhythmia and bradycardia but won't know anything more about it until I get full results back in two weeks.
(edited 12 years ago)
You will need to be exposed to a certain extend to allow the cables to be put on. Depending on how busty you are they may be able to manage this without removing your bra. Google the arangement of the electrodes to get an idea, but it will be painfree and over very quickly - a skilled practitioner can get one done in about 5mins.
Reply 4
Yes I had one about 2 weeks ago. I did get asked to take my top and bra off but this is just so that they can get a more accurate reading. I didn't find it embarassing as it was all very professional (as the poster above me said) so I wouldn't worry about it. Besides, it's all over in a couple of minutes.
Reply 5
I'm asking because I got mine done today and was a little surprised to find I had to take my bra off, but it was fine I just wasn't expecting it. Well now I know :smile: My technician was female so I was
cool with it and it lasted around 2 minutes but I don't know how I'd feel if it was a male... I know they are professionals but I'd just find it strange I guess.
Reply 6
I had one a few months ago. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be topless or not, so I wore a strapless dress without a bra and just pulled it down. I'm not sure If I was actually supposed to actually get my tata's out, but I did. :colone:
Weren't the stickers quite close to the nipple..? I'm not sure how they would do it with a bra on.

Did you have a 12 lead or 6 lead? Not sure if that even makes a difference, just curious.
Reply 7
When I had one I had to take my bra off, however she still let me sorta keep by cardigan on just to kinda hide my chest.
Although I wasnt in a good mood so didnt really care if she saw my boobs or not :teehee:
Heh
Reply 8
I've had 3 - my heart is going a bit fast ha ha, I'm sure it's stress! I'm pretty sure the first couple of times I didn't have a bra on but was covered, 3rd time no bra, no cover, some medical students, was pretty offputting! But I guess they have seen it all before so it wasn't totally weird - I've got practically no boobs to be looked at anyway!
Reply 9
Original post by NatalieMT

I've had 3 - my heart is going a bit fast ha ha, I'm sure it's stress! I'm pretty sure the first couple of times I didn't have a bra on but was covered, 3rd time no bra, no cover, some medical students, was pretty offputting! But I guess they have seen it all before so it wasn't totally weird - I've got practically no boobs to be looked at anyway!

are you serious? so all the medical students were looking? Hahaha awkward
Original post by FunkeyMunkey
are you serious? so all the medical students were looking? Hahaha awkward

Yes I had an operation and basically I didn't wake up properly! My heart started going way, way too fast and although I was pretty unresponsive I remember someone saying it pretty much only happened to old people so they did an on the spot ECG. Queue like millions of students coming to take a peek, I was basically wearing nothing apart from pants, one of them kept trying to stick the ECG pad thing like back on my 'side boob' because it kept popping off but I couldn't say anything such as GET OFF because I was zonked. Not cool.

I was fine about 5 hours later though, no serious damage done ha ha.

Yes I had an operation and basically I didn't wake up properly! My heart started going way, way too fast and although I was pretty unresponsive I remember someone saying it pretty much only happened to old people so they did an on the spot ECG. Queue like millions of students coming to take a peek, I was basically wearing nothing apart from pants, one of them kept trying to stick the ECG pad thing like back on my 'side boob' because it kept popping off but I couldn't say anything such as GET OFF because I was zonked. Not cool.

LOL i would have been so embarrased. Funny.:tongue:

I had an ECG with my spinal a couple of weeks ago, was stripped naked as I was getting the op "down there" and they had stuff all over my chest.. There were fifteen staff in the room at one point :redface: .. They eventually slipped my gown on but I was quite happy to lie there naked - I was drugged and thought the whole thing was hilarious!

OP, ECGs normally aren't too bad - and generally, if they aren't an emergency or under op they'll be done by a female, but you will have to remove your top half as they have to stick a pad under your left breast. It's not uncomfy though and some nurses will let you put a small sheet over your breasts if you're upset..

Must admit though that when they take the pads off it feels like they are waxing you, so sore!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
I've had an ECG loads of times. In my experience, they usually let you cover your breasts in some way, either with paper towels or let you keep your bra on :smile:
Reply 14
I've had loads of ECGs and it seems to vary. More often than not I've had to take my bra off, but you get kind of used to it. I used to be a lot more self conscious when I was around 13/14 though, and they'd let me cover up with a paper towel/cloth or something.
I had to take my bra off, but it wasn't a big deal really. The nurse said she's always relieved to get women in - because if a man has a very hairy chest she has to shave him.
Original post by girlpunjabi074
Hey there! I had mine today only...I had three female nurses and a male doctor there. I expected that I would be asked to remove my top but guess what.....one of the nurses took me in a small cabin and asked me to remove my top,I removed and then she said YE BHI UTAAR DO..and I had to take off my bra too. The whole time I was getting undressed, she was right there staring at me with a huge smile. As a teen girl of 16, I am extremely shy when it comes to get undressed in front of my mother, cousin sisters etc but I felt okay for a moment being braless in front of those strangers(I don't know why!!🤔) Well, I was there standing half naked and then she sticked some stickers on both my arms and one on my lower abdomen (for that I had to pull my panty a lil down :frown: Well after that she made me wear a gown and I was taken for ECG and there I lied without my bra with my gown upfolded in front of three unknown women and a male doctor!! Then after 25 minutes of my ECG I was taken back to the cabin got my gown and stickers removed and was allowed to get dressed...It was a good experience but as it was very first time to get naked in front of someone so it was quite embarrassing too...Bt all ok they did everything just for me and with good intentions. Hope this helped you!

This thread is 7 years old...

Latest