The Student Room Group

Feeling sick/bloated-pressure in stomach during the night?

Hey,

Not sure if this is normal or others have suffered this before, but everytime I go to bed and lay down, I feel really, really sick and nauseous by the middle of the night. I also have a peculiar feeling in my stomach; I'm not sure if it could be described as 'bloatedness' or as though some kind of pressure is being put on my abdomen. It only really happens when I'm in bed at night; I feel really sicky, nasty feelings in my stomach. Throughout the day I'm completely normal :s-smilie:

I've only just turned 20. I haven't lost my appetite and my diet is okay. Can anyone help me or suggest anything?
Reply 1
Have you tried laying on just on your left hand side?
That is usually more comfortable on the digestive system :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by VanillaDoe
Have you tried laying on just on your left hand side?
That is usually more comfortable on the digestive system :smile:

I do lay on my left hand side quite a lot... still happens though :frown:
Reply 3
Oh :frown: i see, that must be awful.It must be so uncomfortable.

Perhaps it could be the timing of your meals?
If you eat close to bedtime that could cause discomfort

Or perhaps the content of what your eating?
A heavy meal will certainly take longer to digest
I have this too, a pressure right in the centre of my stomach and I feel sick, like you I'm fine during the day it's only when I lay down. I went to see the doctor about it and he told me it was indigestion, but I've had that before and it's a completely different feeling, so I just put up with it. Laying on my left side seems to help.
Reply 5
Original post by VanillaDoe
Oh :frown: i see, that must be awful.It must be so uncomfortable.

Perhaps it could be the timing of your meals?
If you eat close to bedtime that could cause discomfort

Or perhaps the content of what your eating?
A heavy meal will certainly take longer to digest

It could be something to do with timing of meals ... I had a nap today actually in bed for about 4 hours and didn't get it at all. It's only really when I go to bed at night, very strange :s-smilie:

I'll see how I go. It isn't a major annoyance, just something that's bugging me a bit, as in "That's not supposed to happen... :s-smilie:" thanks for your help :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by SilenceYouBeast
I have this too, a pressure right in the centre of my stomach and I feel sick, like you I'm fine during the day it's only when I lay down. I went to see the doctor about it and he told me it was indigestion, but I've had that before and it's a completely different feeling, so I just put up with it. Laying on my left side seems to help.

Ahhh I see... I'm glad I'm not the only one :frown:

Could be something digestive, if it doesn't happen during the day then it obviously can't be serious, which is a reassurance :smile: thanks :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Ahhh I see... I'm glad I'm not the only one :frown:

Could be something digestive, if it doesn't happen during the day then it obviously can't be serious, which is a reassurance :smile: thanks :smile:

That's ok, it's really annoying though huh :tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
Hey,Not sure if this is normal or others have suffered this before, but everytime I go to bed and lay down, I feel really, really sick and nauseous by the middle of the night. I also have a peculiar feeling in my stomach; I'm not sure if it could be described as 'bloatedness' or as though some kind of pressure is being put on my abdomen. It only really happens when I'm in bed at night; I feel really sicky, nasty feelings in my stomach. Throughout the day I'm completely normal :s-smilie:I've only just turned 20. I haven't lost my appetite and my diet is okay. Can anyone help me or suggest anything?
Is this still happening to you? Have you figured out what it is? It's been happening to me for a few weeks now only at night when I lay down!!

Quick Reply

Latest