The Student Room Group

Boots vs Superdrug: Which is better?

Scroll to see replies

Boots; I can never seem to find what I'm looking for in a Superdrug store, their layouts just seem illogical and messy.
Boots, but I have to go to Superdrug to get my eyebrow pencil.
boots, always boots
Reply 63
Boots stock more of the make up brands I like e.g. Too Faced and have a better loyalty card overall (although I do appreciate the part payment option with Superdrug) so I usually go for Boots first and Superdrug if they don't have what I need.
If I know exactly what I want, and I know Superdrug sells it then I will go there. But if I want to browse different makeup, perfumes, body lotions ect then I much prefer Boots simply because it's a bigger store with more choice.
Reply 65
I generally prefer Boots, especially their make up range, but I like Superdrug's student discount.
Reply 66
Superdrug because most of their own brand stuff is vegan and I think on the whole, it is cheaper.
depends what i want....
in worcester (and leeds as far as i remember) superdrugs range of barry M nail varnishes way better!
i also love gosh make up which means superdrug :biggrin:
but... for perfume, and most basics id rather boots
x
Reply 68
poundland, and when that fails me - almost everything can be found in Tesco/asda
I used to use boots for their points but now I get my stuff online from debenhams because their beauty card is SO much better!
Reply 69
Boots - Often a bigger and better selection and their Christmas gifts tend to be somewhat decent. They also do the delicious meal deals and their advantage care is a life saver.
Original post by The_Super_Nerd(:
You know when you really feel like treating yourself to a new mascara? or you've lost your lipbalm for the millionth time? or you just need to get a few essentials? Where are you most likely to pop into; Boots or Superdrug? Personally I love both :tongue:

I think it just depends on the offers available in each shop, for the most part superdrug seems cheaper for the things they sell compared to boots. When it comes to make-up I really think it is down to the offers. I went into boots the other day as I needed makeup and the offers weren't very good, I went to superdrug and discovered 3 for 2 on any makeup brand, so that meant I could get my mascara, lip stick and foundation with money off x3

I love both too :biggrin:
Original post by Ocarinaoftime
I think it just depends on the offers available in each shop, for the most part superdrug seems cheaper for the things they sell compared to boots. When it comes to make-up I really think it is down to the offers. I went into boots the other day as I needed makeup and the offers weren't very good, I went to superdrug and discovered 3 for 2 on any makeup brand, so that meant I could get my mascara, lip stick and foundation with money off x3

I love both too :biggrin:

I'm like this too, always looking for a bargain! :wink:
Original post by AutVinceriAutMori
What I like about Superdrug card is that you can use points as part payment, unlike the Boots one.
But I visit both quite often, because despite Superdrugs cheaper prices, Boots has a little store close to me and is sometimes more convenient.

Actually you can use Boots points as part payment. I have before!
Original post by Dekota-XS
Why do they call themselves 'Boots'?

It was founded by someone whose last name was Boots. Like WHSmiths. And Marks & Spencers.
Original post by Lil Piranha

Really? On their website they say you can't :s: maybe they changed their policy?
Original post by AutVinceriAutMori
Really? On their website they say you can't :s: maybe they changed their policy?

Ah, that might be true for shopping online, but instore they do it regularly! Especially because some products you can't use points for, so you'd only be able to use your points on half your basket anyway.
Boots is is more classier and has more of a variety, but Superdrug is more affordable.
Original post by F Ellen
OMG Sleek. I love those palettes!

I believe so :smile: I think it's in store only though and not online.

Me too! Have you tried the sunset palette its has really pretty colour's and the nude palette's great too. I sound like a ad for sleek.

I have to say I love No.7 too though. I've changed my mind guys boots wins! They just gave me a job :biggrin:
Reply 78
Original post by Lil Piranha

WHATT??! That's new!
I've been saving up my points up for years to spend it on something I wouldn't normally buy. Come to think of it, I'm not sure what that would be, maybe a perfume over £60.
I have £43 worth of points at the moment, so maybe I'll use it now :biggrin:
Boots! I don't think the staff in my local Superdrug like me too much. :unsure: Maybe it's because I don't have their loyalty card yet? :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest