The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ZJuwelH
<yawn>

Having a nice time in that little section of mathematics are you...

Coming from the guy couldn't even do part b of my P2 Radians Question!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 21
bono
Coming from the guy couldn't even do part b of my P2 Radians Question!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Ahem, it's not "can't", it's "won't"...
Reply 22
Alec
It's just the derivation of nCr.

And returning to the original problem...

To get a specific number from Pascal's triangle using nCr, 'n' is equivalent to the row, and 'r' is equivalent to its place in that row.

So, say we wanted to get the second number in, from the third row (ignoring the '1' at the top), you use 3C2, giving 3, which the triangle shows to be true.

1 1
1 2 1
1 3 3 1

Oohh...cool. Right now I'm doing Stats 1 and Pure 2 at the same time....he'll (teacher) probably tell us on tuesday..
Reply 23
Blush Babe
Oohh...cool. Right now I'm doing Stats 1 and Pure 2 at the same time....he'll (teacher) probably tell us on tuesday..

S1 rules its sooooo easy !!!!
Reply 24
Blush Babe

No half-term? :eek:
Blush Babe
I'll assume you'd know everything about Pascal's triangular array...
What's the formula (for the sequence) for this?
Thanks.

Ahh, I thought it was great when we started using exclamation marks in maths.
Suddenly made the whole thing seem even more fun!
Reply 26
HasanB
S1 rules its sooooo easy !!!!

Damn right!

Too bad about the coursework element, leaked marks there...
Reply 27
ZJuwelH
Damn right!

Too bad about the coursework element, leaked marks there...

WHOA!! WHAT COURSEWORK?!?! Our teacher said we didn't have any this year!!! And Alec, Yes we have Half term but it's only like one week, we go back and get off on 25 May or something for GCSE's. Teacher said we might NOT finish courses in time for exams :eek: !!!!
Reply 28
Blush Babe
WHOA!! WHAT COURSEWORK?!?! Our teacher said we didn't have any this year!!! And Alec, Yes we have Half term but it's only like one week, we go back and get off on 25 May or something for GCSE's. Teacher said we might NOT finish courses in time for exams :eek: !!!!

I'm on AQA, it might be different for you.
Blush Babe

I think they just say that to scare you into doing some work.
Reply 30
Blush Babe

I'm not doing any coursework for S1. Probably depends on your board. Or perhaps ZJuwelH did it last year and there was a coursework component at that point?
Reply 31
ZJuwelH

Ahh right. I'm on OCR (MEI), no coursework. Woo.
Reply 32
Alec
I'm not doing any coursework for S1. Probably depends on your board. Or perhaps ZJuwelH did it last year and there was a coursework component at that point?

AQA S1= Coursework
Edexcel (the proper maths board tbh :wink: ) S3 = Coursework
OCR S2 = Coursework
Reply 33
ZJuwelH

yeah probably, i did EDEXCEL and there wasnt n e cwk.
Reply 34
kikzen
AQA S1= Coursework

S2 has coursework on OCR (MEI), which I've already done.
I'm doing edexcel maths, and no cw for me!
P1, 2 and3
M1 and 2
S1
Reply 36
kikzen
AQA S1= Coursework

Just because your board has the AEA doesn't make it the proper one... wait, maybe...
Reply 37
No he was not kidding about not finishing the courses cuz we didn't finish pure 1 and still did the exam (first question I was like thank god :biggrin: , but then I turned the page over...)!!! And I'm doing Edexcel:
P 1
P 2
P 3
S 1
M 1
M 2
Reply 38
hitchhiker_13
I'm doing edexcel maths, and no cw for me!
P1, 2 and3
M1 and 2
S1

Copout!!! I'm sticking with mechanics....all the way to M3!!!! Great stuff!!!

G
Reply 39
ZJuwelH
Just because your board has the AEA doesn't make it the proper one... wait, maybe...

haha but i think its AQA that does the AEA for French... hm

i cant be assed with AEA maths anyway; too much other stuff to do!

Latest

Trending

Trending