Turn on thread page Beta

Random impulses watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Who gets them? I do. Mmm. I shall give you some examples.

Example the first:

I was on a bus and there was this woman in front and I looked at her hair. Then I just had the strongest impulse to reach out and touch her hair. I mean I could visualise the who event in my mind with such clarity, not just like normal imagining. I could feel the grittyness as you rub the strands together, yet the smoothness of their lenght, smell the faint odour of shampoo, the warmth of her head. I have to really fight not to do it. And in a few moments when it has passed I have this strange feeling of disorientation.

Example the second.

Lifeguarding at the swimming pool, sitting in the 2m high chair, below me a woman swims slowly up the swimming lane. Again quite unexpectedly I find myself having to restrain myself from jumping out of my chair and performing a flying kick to her face. Again I could visualise the whole thing, see my chlorine soaked trainer connect with her sagging face, like a slow motion boxing match shot.

Example the third.

Things that I actually give in and do - Like all of a sudden typing frantically random text and doing handstands.

Anyone else?

Anyone else get that?

ReputationRep:
    OMG! I so get that!

Like when you see a completely clear aisle in the supermarket and you have to physically restrain yourself from running then skidding on your knees down the aisle!

OK....I've just realised I'm weird

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gem)
    OMG! I so get that!

Like when you see a completely clear aisle in the supermarket and you have to physically restrain yourself from running then skidding on your knees down the aisle!

Yes yes!

ReputationRep:
    When I look around in the street I have the urge to look at people; I have to stop myself staring. It's not bad if there's a beautiful woman there, but often I disconcert myself even lol.

ReputationRep:
    I get them too - usually when holding a glass bottle or something like that. I have to really fight to keep myself from throwing it as hard as I can at the ground, and I can really see and hear it smashing. I've never actually done it but I plan on doing it when I'm really angry about something, you know, for emphasis.

Unfortunately I rarely get angry about anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    Yes yes!
    Sticking to the shop theme, how about when they have them cardboard things hanging from the ceiling, like special offers or aisle labels, and you have to try really hard to resist taking a running jump whilst smacking them with your hand?

Warning: Do not try this for real, it will result in being banned from the shop you simply would not believe the banging and clattering it makes followed by the silent awe...especially in Iceland

ReputationRep:
    No I do that! And with shop signs. And at the swimming pool - they have the lane ropes witht he flags and every time i walk under them i hit them. It makes a really pleasing sound.

ReputationRep:
    LALALALALALA
    Sorry, I had a random impulse to do that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    No I do that! And with shop signs. And at the swimming pool - they have the lane ropes witht he flags and every time i walk under them i hit them. It makes a really pleasing sound.
    What about when there is a HUGE display of, say, wrapping paper, and you see your brother standing in exactly the right spot so that if you give him a little shove, he'll knock the lot over...and it'll look like his fault? Then would you resiste the urge?!

Me neither

ReputationRep:
    hahah yes...

the biggest urge i have to fight is when im in a car on the motorway, i just want to open the door handle :|

my friend had the urge to trip a friends dad up (first time shed met him)...but she actually did it hahahah

ReputationRep:
    OMG - I get the hair one

(Original post by SW)
    OMG - I get the hair one
    Yours is more than just a random impules. It's your hormones going crazy .

Sometimes, when a word or a certain sound reminds me of a song, the whole song starts playing in my mind and I get that strong urge to sing it aloud. And I have to really fight not to do it. Well, if I'm alone I do it

If I see velvet, or an equally lush material, I get thar strong impulse to reach out and touch it. Even if some stranger's wearing it. Again, if it's just lying around, I reach out and enjoy the feeling. If someone's wearing it, I can visualise feeling the material, and enjoying its lushness.

:/

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh, I get that too! :eek: It's SUCH a weird feeling!

Seeing Feef's signature, I'm getting the urge to eat that lollypop this smiley ':lollypop:' is eating. I'm jealous :mad: No more lollypops at home

--------------

I just want to reach out and grab it away from it :mad:.

But that would mean taking the smile away from its face. I don't wanna do that

ReputationRep:
    yea...i get loads of this sort of thing...and very worryingly its often the same things happening again and again hence an increasing feeling of being lost and deja-vu.etc.etc.

ReputationRep:
    hahaha holy crap! and i thought i was the only one who had these thoughts. just last night i was running up the stairwell and i just stopped mid-stride and visualized myself falling on the first step and falling on my face, breaking my jaw and my teeth. i was just standing there thinking, wtf...for like 10 seconds and then continued on. it's like in tv where something is going on, someone visualizes the scene in their head, then it cuts back to the beginning of the scene and you see that the earlier scene was just in the characters head etc.

yeah...i'm a few pages short of a book >_<

ReputationRep:
    All I can say is that my hormones have alot of influence over me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nafi167)
    hahaha holy crap! and i thought i was the only one who had these thoughts. just last night i was running up the stairwell and i just stopped mid-stride and visualized myself falling on the first step and falling on my face, breaking my jaw and my teeth. i was just standing there thinking, wtf...for like 10 seconds and then continued on. it's like in tv where something is going on, someone visualizes the scene in their head, then it cuts back to the beginning of the scene and you see that the earlier scene was just in the characters head etc.

yeah...i'm a few pages short of a book >_<
    no - i've never done that - thats just wierd :eek:

kidding! welcome, by the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    no - i've never done that - thats just wierd :eek:

kidding! welcome, by the way.
    lol no it's okay i am err lets say different . part of my charm ho ho ho.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.