Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!

I had an interview for undergraduate Medicine at UCL earlier on this week, they said they will contact me back in 14 days! is that the strict guideline, coz my friend was contacted within a week a couple of years back! so if anyone has any offers/rejections from UCL can u please tell me how long after the interview you were contacted!

I'm sorry i'm just being a bit eager because i love UCL and i really want to go there, the frustration is killing though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAM*)
    Hello everyone!

I had an interview for undergraduate Medicine at UCL earlier on this week, they said they will contact me back in 14 days! is that the strict guideline, coz my friend was contacted within a week a couple of years back! so if anyone has any offers/rejections from UCL can u please tell me how long after the interview you were contacted!

I'm sorry i'm just being a bit eager because i love UCL and i really want to go there, the frustration is killing though!
    Hey Sam, nice to see you ! How did your interview go? I also had mine earlier this week

As for when they contact you, I know two people with offers and one got the message on the UCAS website exactly on the 14th day after her interview and the other one received her offer a couple of days after 14 days. So I think this year they are pretty much keeping to their proposed dates!

Anyway, good luck, let me know how you get on

ReputationRep:
    Hey Lucy!

Nice to speak to you again- its been ages! how are you? My interview went well, well atleast i tink so, the panel were lovely to me and it was more like a conversation they didn't try and trick me at all and i was really honest because i didn't know the answers to a couple of questions, which honestly i don't think they expected me to know!

Enough about my interview! How was yours? i found that out of the two panels their seemed to be a 'nastier' one and a not so nasty one from the reactions of the people coming back from each panel, did u notice the same trend?

Iy nice to hear from u!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAM*)
    Hello everyone!

All the best, hope yo get an offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    All the best, hope yo get an offer.
    Tanx! i hope all is going well with u!

ReputationRep:
    Hey bono! i just found out we have the same birthdate except for i am one year older (1986)! :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAM*)
    Hey Lucy!

Nice to speak to you again- its been ages! how are you? My interview went well, well atleast i tink so, the panel were lovely to me and it was more like a conversation they didn't try and trick me at all and i was really honest because i didn't know the answers to a couple of questions, which honestly i don't think they expected me to know!

Enough about my interview! How was yours? i found that out of the two panels their seemed to be a 'nastier' one and a not so nasty one from the reactions of the people coming back from each panel, did u notice the same trend?

Iy nice to hear from u!
    Glad to hear your first interview was a good experience ! Hmm, my interview panel wasn't too receptive, I don't know if it was unintentional but they weren't really sending off any good vibes which made me feel uneasy. I was also one of the last people in the day to be interviewed so I don't know if they just wanted to get rid of me as fast as possible ! I'm just glad it's over and done with really As for any trends, as I was one of the last applicants to be interviewed I only really arrived in time for my interview (decided not to go to the preliminary talk as I would then have had to spent loads of time waiting before my int) - the other applicants said that the panels were nice but one seemed to ask more about ethics whilst the other asked slightly harder questions.

Hmm, even though I know UCL wont get back to me just yet, I can't help checking the UCAS website !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAM*)
    Hey bono! i just found out we have the same birthdate except for i am one year older (1986)! :-)
    Of course, all the people born on March 9th are the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAM*)
    Tanx! i hope all is going well with u!
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    Glad to hear your first interview was a good experience ! Hmm, my interview panel wasn't too receptive, I don't know if it was unintentional but they weren't really sending off any good vibes which made me feel uneasy. I was also one of the last people in the day to be interviewed so I don't know if they just wanted to get rid of me as fast as possible ! I'm just glad it's over and done with really As for any trends, as I was one of the last applicants to be interviewed I only really arrived in time for my interview (decided not to go to the preliminary talk as I would then have had to spent loads of time waiting before my int) - the other applicants said that the panels were nice but one seemed to ask more about ethics whilst the other asked slightly harder questions.

Hmm, even though I know UCL wont get back to me just yet, I can't help checking the UCAS website !
    I really know its a cliche but i'm sure it went well from their point of view, is UCL your top choice? On the day i went, one of the panels was definately asking more ethical type questions than the other! they seemed to be quite hot on mmr!!

i know what you mean about checking the UCAS website, i am also checking far to often! Even though i think the interview went OK, i keep on thinking they may have a totally different perception of it- i really can't face a rejection!!

Best of luck and keep me posted on n e updates! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAM*)
    I really know its a cliche but i'm sure it went well from their point of view, is UCL your top choice? On the day i went, one of the panels was definately asking more ethical type questions than the other! they seemed to be quite hot on mmr!!

i know what you mean about checking the UCAS website, i am also checking far to often! Even though i think the interview went OK, i keep on thinking they may have a totally different perception of it- i really can't face a rejection!!

Best of luck and keep me posted on n e updates! x
    Ah well, we will just have to wait and see ! I'd quite like to put UCL as my insurance but I'm still a bit unsure about choosing between Imperial and UCL and they both seem on par with each other. I guess I need to have a good look around both, but for now I'll just concentrate on trying to get offers first

Good luck to you too, no doubt we will both find out soon enough, fingers crossed for the both of us! Will let you know as soon as I hear

ReputationRep:
    Hey Lucy!

You already had offers from Oxford, Kings and Imperial yep?

I haven't heard from imperial yet but i see what you mean about chosing between UCL(which i'm sure you will get an offer for) and Imperial, they are both amazing places, however personally when i visited them i got very different vibes! Just go for the one which provides the best atmosphere for you- i'm sure u'll be able to suss it out when you visit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAM*)
    Hey Lucy!

You already had offers from Oxford, Kings and Imperial yep?

I haven't heard from imperial yet but i see what you mean about chosing between UCL(which i'm sure you will get an offer for) and Imperial, they are both amazing places, however personally when i visited them i got very different vibes! Just go for the one which provides the best atmosphere for you- i'm sure u'll be able to suss it out when you visit!
    Not Imperial who didn't even bother sending me a confirmation of my application (if I didn't half want to go there, I would call them something very rude ) lol

What is your preference between UCL and Imperial and why? I just would like to hear someone's opinion on the medical schools because I'm pretty much clueless :confused: You're right though, I will have to go and really see what both are like. I also want to check out the accomodation, maybe hunt down a few medical students so that I can quizz them

Which of your choices are you hoping to be your firm and insurance options? Have you got any more interviews coming up?

(Original post by Lucy)
    Not Imperial who didn't even bother sending me a confirmation of my application (if I didn't half want to go there, I would call them something very rude ) lol

What is your preference between UCL and Imperial and why? I just would like to hear someone's opinion on the medical schools because I'm pretty much clueless :confused: You're right though, I will have to go and really see what both are like. I also want to check out the accomodation, maybe hunt down a few medical students so that I can quizz them

Which of your choices are you hoping to be your firm and insurance options? Have you got any more interviews coming up?
    Whats UCL look like, whats the accomodation like, surrounding area, student bar/union etc?
    Just curious being as ive never been there yet
    J

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    Whats UCL look like, whats the accomodation like, surrounding area, student bar/union etc?
    Just curious being as ive never been there yet
    J
    Looks wise, from the buildings I have seen, attractive. Accomodation ranges from alright/so-so to quite good for london accomodation, I've only seen one room which was supposedly a 'nicer' room which was quite small but still reasonably sized. Obviously, more pricey as accomodation at london unis are. As for the student bar/union - having talked to a medic there, she said the medics' bar is quite cliquey so if you want to integrate more than go to the general bar which is nice. I also sat in on a lecture once which was very well presented (but of course lecturers vary).

Overall, I think it is a lovely uni where I wouldn't mind spending 6 years. It has links with some fantastic hospitals and I think it is situated in the nicer areas of london compared to other medical schools (e.g. Queen Mary's is supposedly situated in a not so nice area) and is really lively. Atmosphere is nice, people are friendly

I understand you have applied there for clinical years? During my work experience at a hospital, I bumped into some clinical students from UCL who were having an absolutely amazing time (no lie, they were so enthusiastic even though that had been in the hospital for quite a while already).

I'm very biased though, I remember someone on this board who supposedly dropped out of UCL because it was awful (that said, reputation varies from subject to subject). As I'm not a student there, I can't really provide extremely useful advise because what I have seen of the uni is probably sugar-coated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)

Hey!
    Between UCL and imperial i would probs chose UCL as firm and Imperial as my insurance (if i get an offer from either), even though my parents would probz want me to go to Imperial! don't get me wrong Both universities are brilliant and it is an achievement getting into either of them, nonetheless its where you feel 'right', personally for me its UCL!

Both uni's are located in the nicer areas of london, moreso imperial as its in kensigton, its quite new, and the accomodation is fairly good. However i have also heard that their is a great deal of competition and the teaching standards aren't brilliant!

The accomodation at UCL is not great but fairly ok in terms of london standards, the food at the catered halls is just about edible however the social aspect of living in halls is apparently amazing! Located just 10 mins away from the west end, you have everything literally at your doorsrep!

The people i met at both uni's were really nice, i don't think i would complain about being in either- lets hope i get into one atleast (fingers crossed)! Like you said you'll have to visit them both and I'm sure your mind will be made up after that!

I don't have any other interviews as yet but i hope i hear from imperial and Barts soon!x

ReputationRep:
    hi!
    i applied for ucl for medicine and had my interview 14th january. i think they tld me about 14 days after. i got in, although i didnt think my interview went very well!! so don't worry.
    gd luck all of you, i am seriously considering putting it as my firm choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by julia r)
    hi!
    i applied for ucl for medicine and had my interview 14th january. i think they tld me about 14 days after. i got in, although i didnt think my interview went very well!! so don't worry.
    gd luck all of you, i am seriously considering putting it as my firm choice
    hi!

What other uni's have you got offers from?

Do you actually know of anyone who has got rejected after interview from UCL? Because everyone i have spoken to/heard of has got offers!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry my grammer is rubbish- to late in the day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAM*)
    Sorry my grammer is rubbish- to late in the day!
    No probs, hi SAM

I know Lucy has got all her fofers apart from UCL, which she is still waiting, although Oxford is her 1st choice so UCL would be a back up I presume.

I hope it goes well and you get the offer you are wanting, you seem deserved of it.

All the best.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.