The Student Room Group

Foundation Degrees

Hi, Interested In Medicine
Haven't got The Best Grades
GCSE's AA in Core and Additional Science and a B in Maths
Taking Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths for AS

1.Is the Foundation Degree for Students who took subjects other than Biology and Chemistry?

2.Or can Students that have Taken Bio and Chem but have a Weaker Academic background apply for the foundation Degree?

A guy in A2 Taking (Bio,Chem,Phys,Maths, F Maths AS - Bio, Chem, Maths A2) is applying at UCL, Norwich, Southampton (I Think) and he's applying for the Foundation Medicine Course.

So Foundation is for "everyone" ?

And the standard Medicine Degree is 5 years
My Cousin done a Intercal at Imperial - so he took 6 years, got MBBS BSc
And foundation Medics will get a degree in Medicine in 6 years - with the 1st year bridging the gap?

So this means From now (If i decide and Hopefully get through/Pass every year)
I wont even be qualified in 10 Years?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
It depends, I think the majority of Foundation Courses are for those who haven't got the correct subjects (not grades), for example they only took one science A-level. The only course that springs to mind which is for people who haven't got as good grades is the one at UEA, but this has other requirements you need to meet in addition to the normal ones.
Reply 2
:angry:
Basically there are options, but with my Grades Medicine isn't advised?

The first year of the UEA course will bridge the gap and give you the A Grade Knowledge?
Reply 3
There are foundation years for people taking science subjects, however, you need to meet background criteria such as a household income of lower than a certain amount or in receipt of EMA..things like that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending