My dog just died Watch

Mad Vlad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago

The Westie in the picture - Holly (we called her Biddy because she was an old frump but we loved her anyway)

She died today I've just heard the news.
She's been unwell for the past few weeks - being sick all the time, losing a LOT of weight. We took her to the vets a few times and they couldn't find what was wrong with her. So she went in for an X-Ray the other day and they found nothing. The Vets were completely baffled, so she went in for exploratory surgery today.
The Vets discovered that she was totally riddled with Cancer There wasn't an organ in her body that wasn't infected with it and shortly after they opened her up, she died under anaesthetic.

She was 7.
[EDIT] To the Mods: Sorry... I've just realised this is in GD and probably ought to be in Chat
Attached files
~Raven~
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Aw you poor thing :hugs: I'm so sad for you.
schmetterling
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
cheer up!
Segat1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:hugs: so sad.....
Mad Vlad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Thanks... I'm just worried about my brother He doesn't know yet but he adored that dog He's going to take it really badly
e11even
Report 12 years ago
Oh dear Words cannot express how deeply sorry I am. My dog (cocker spaniel) died from the same thing three years ago. I feel you Sorry for your loss.

:hugs:
kookabura
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I know how upsetting losing pets can be, I've had several. I know how you must feel. I hope your brother takes it ok. At least she won't be in pain now. :hugs:
spoon1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm really really sorry. I can sympathise totally; my previous dog died when I was ten, she had liver disease, i remember my mum telling me that she would have to be put down, and I cried and cried and cried. It's horrible losing a pet, especially a dog, cos they're always happy and you get really close to them. It just feels like someones carved a huge empty space into your life.
Draig
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I understand how you feel, I've had a lot of pets and many have died over the years and its always a horribly upsetting event. I have a dog called Holly too, she's getting older now and haveing grown up with her I don't know what I do if she died.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I am sorry to hear that, I remember when my cat died it was a very very upsetting experience.

It is the main problem with pets they die and when they die its like loosing a member of the family.
clouds
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Cheer up!I know you must be feeling really awful.I was so upset when my fish though.A fish is not even a really proper pet and i felt so sad, least say a dog
Love_Hearts
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
ripped out by two alsations
oo...that must have been awful! ive got an alsation who is a complete guuf and hasnt got a visious bone in his body. il be devestated when my dog dies especially as he didnt leave my side when i came out of hospital after open heart surgery.
Sync
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Know how you feel mate - you have my deepest sympathy.
*~aLiCe~*
Report 12 years ago
So sorry to hear that, I've had pets die and it's not nice The only thing you can really do is wait, time is the best healer.
Tonight Matthew
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Absolutely gutting, you have my sympathy.
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
SORRY :hugs:
MrsMerton
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Vlad, I'm so sorry to hear that, I deeply feel for you, we've always had a dog in our househld and its heartbreaking when they die because they become so much part and parcel of the family.

Dogs are ace, they have character and personality and they are loyal and I really really really feel for you. Got me thinking of mine now, we've had her since I was only 5, she's 15 and I get upset if I think about how frail she is now.

Poor you. Big Hug.
hugatree
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Aww... That IS sad esp. after 7 years. Sorry for your brother too.

:hugs:
JrW
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Awwww...I know exactly how you feel! I had two cocker spaniels who were the sweetest dogs in the world and one died 4 years ago (he was 15) and one died just over a year ago (at 16). I hope you feel better soon.
Chickadee
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm so sorry You must be feeling very sad.

I know how you feel, its pretty devastating.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (66)
19.94%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (134)
40.48%
Nope, not that interesting (131)
39.58%

Watched Threads