TSR Catholic Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ethereal
I was being rude

Ah OK :awesome:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Ah OK :awesome:

:angel:
Am I allowed to join the Catholic Society even if I don't believe in God? I was baptised and confirmed and that. :colonhash:
Original post by Addzter
Am I allowed to join the Catholic Society even if I don't believe in God? I was baptised and confirmed and that. :colonhash:

Why would you want to if you don't believe in God? :dontknow:
Why would you want to if you don't believe in God? :dontknow:

I want to feel like I belong. :emo:
Original post by Addzter
I want to feel like I belong. :emo:

To something you don't believe in though? :s-smilie:

There are surely better ways of belonging to something you actually fit properly into :smile:
To something you don't believe in though? :s-smilie:

There are surely better ways of belonging to something you actually fit properly into :smile:

WELL, I do still go to church and stuff sometimes. If you think about it, considering you can't be 100% sure God exists and I can't be 100% sure He doesn't, the only difference between us is the degree to which we believe in Him.

I suppose I could join the atheist society, but most of them are too militant and uncaring. :frown:
Original post by Addzter
WELL, I do still go to church and stuff sometimes. If you think about it, considering you can't be 100% sure God exists and I can't be 100% sure He doesn't, the only difference between us is the degree to which we believe in Him.

I suppose I could join the atheist society, but most of them are too militant and uncaring. :frown:

I think that's a pretty crucial difference though. I'm not trying to be mean btw, I just don't see how you would participate in discussions, etc :smile:

The atheists on here are a bit scary :console: That's why it's nice to have a thread with no atheists where we can discuss our beliefs without having to defend them all the time :smile:

Not my fault I find you scary, Diety :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2228
So I've just left the chaplaincy for the last time as a student. End of an era :sad:
Original post by Aula
So I've just left the chaplaincy for the last time as a student. End of an era :sad:

:hugs:

Are you going to keep in touch with them all? :smile:
Reply 2230

:hugs:

Are you going to keep in touch with them all? :smile:

Yeah, I'm going to try. Or at least, a lot of them. End of university time is sad.
Original post by Aula
Yeah, I'm going to try. Or at least, a lot of them. End of university time is sad.

That's good at least. It's definitely a very sad time but hopefully the start of a big adventure for you, in terms of what you're going on to do next :smile:

I don't really remember the end of university: I was too ill to properly register it. I'm going back for my college's ball on Friday and after that will visit less, as most of my friends will have gone, so that's a nice re-ending for me :smile: I'm wearing a pink and orange saree with flowers on it :awesome:
Reply 2232
Hello!

I was just wondering if anyone had read this recently, and what they thought:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/belief/2011/jun/27/homophobia-church-equality

I didn't like it (believe it or not)!
Original post by De Lubac
Hello!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/belief/2011/jun/27/homophobia-church-equality

What is the relation between thinking homosexuality is wrong and actually discriminating gay people ? It's tow different things. I can find being gay not very moral and not wish my children to be, but people are free to decide how they live their life, it's not me to judge.

I don't understand the stuff about gay priest, Anglican priest can have sexual relationship ?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by LysFromParis
What is the relation between thinking homosexuality is wrong and actually discriminating gay people ? It's too different things. I can find being gay not very moral and not wish my children to be, but people are free to decide how they live their life, it's not me to judge.

I don't understand the stuff about gay priest, Anglican priest can have sexual relationship ?

They are allowed to marry and have heteroesexual relationships
Original post by De Lubac
Hello!

I like his stance; the golden rule is to love thy neighbour after all.

And if the idea of Creation is true, then does that not mean that God created everyone perfect, because they were made in exactly the way he designed them?
I quite like that article. I know we're supposed to hate the sin but love the sinner but often it does actually just end up being homophobia and not very nice behaviour coming from Christians. A friend decided to question my sexuality a while back in quite a nasty gossipy way and it's really hurtful the things people can end up saying or the way they can end up acting :frown:
what do you gys think of fundies who deny evolution, preferring a literal transalation of genesis?

also. i used to mess about with bad stuff like runes, tarots, etc and became very good at it. i could foretell stuff really accurately. do you know that fortune teller in the bible who samuel consults then suddently she sees the ghost of saul? im like that a bit i guess.

but in my conversion it was only recently that i threw the runes in the river when i opened the bible to the bit in macabees about idol worship and deteronomy aboyut runecasting.

but now i miss it, i miss knowing how things will turn out, or the anseewrs to stuff. do you think if the Lord wanted to communicate he could do so through runes or tarots or pedulum dowsing? and if not, where do the answers come from? is it definately wrong?
Original post by shinytoy
what do you gys think of fundies who deny evolution, preferring a literal transalation of genesis?

also. i used to mess about with bad stuff like runes, tarots, etc and became very good at it. i could foretell stuff really accurately. do you know that fortune teller in the bible who samuel consults then suddently she sees the ghost of saul? im like that a bit i guess.

but in my conversion it was only recently that i threw the runes in the river when i opened the bible to the bit in macabees about idol worship and deteronomy aboyut runecasting.

but now i miss it, i miss knowing how things will turn out, or the anseewrs to stuff. do you think if the Lord wanted to communicate he could do so through runes or tarots or pedulum dowsing? and if not, where do the answers come from? is it definately wrong?

I think God probably uses more Christian methods to give answers, if He deems that they should be given :yes:

I don't think anyone should read Genesis literally :nah:
I don't see how tarot is any different to prayer. It the purity of the person that counts imo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending