TSR Catholic Society Watch

adamrules247
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Aula)

why ?

The bits I find most difficult to remember are where they've only added one word...
Well in my old parish we always used to sing it and it was quite different and although I do Daily Mass (where all the other parts are covered, and I'm therefore learning more quickly) the Gloria is rarely done at Daily Mass so haven't had chance to learn it like the other parts.
Aula
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by adamrules247)
Well in my old parish we always used to sing it and it was quite different and although I do Daily Mass (where all the other parts are covered, and I'm therefore learning more quickly) the Gloria is rarely done at Daily Mass so haven't had chance to learn it like the other parts.
I meant why be embarrassed by it? Most people haven't even got the hang of 'and with your spirit'

Well done though :yy:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm still not getting the hang of it :no: I also find it confusing when only one word has altered :five:
adamrules247
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Aula)
I meant why be embarrassed by it? Most people haven't even got the hang of 'and with your spirit'

Well done though :yy:
Oh right

Just awkward having to turn during the middle of the of the Gloria to grab the card. Thanks I hope everything is going good for yourself :awesome: How's the job going?
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Just awkward having to turn during the middle of the of the Gloria to grab the card.
We sing the Gloria and so it's been easier to remember.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm being negged a lot for saying that I'd consider becoming a nun if I felt called to it. Gotta love this forum :awesome:
chaosdestro0
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Do you male Catholics not worry about marrying a ladyboy? Theoretically you could go all the way to marriage without realising..
adamrules247
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
I'm being negged a lot for saying that I'd consider becoming a nun if I felt called to it. Gotta love this forum :awesome:
So many haters Fundamentally they hate us though because we think differently to them. To become a nun, or a priest, to to remain celibate and control your sexuality and is thus counter cultural in our hedonistic way. They react the way they do because they, quite frankly, have a fear of it.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just watched the Young Nuns programme. What a wonderful and interesting show :yep:
adamrules247
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just watched the Young Nuns programme. What a wonderful and interesting show :yep:
:yep: My American friend and I are planning on watching it at the weekend
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:yep: My American friend and I are planning on watching it at the weekend
I quite enjoyed it. Would have been interested to hear more about exactly why they felt called to that vocation though :yes:
adamrules247
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I quite enjoyed it. Would have been interested to hear more about exactly why they felt called to that vocation though :yes:
Well I'll see if I pick anything out of it when I watch it :yep:

The first way to learn what your vocation is, is to pray upon it; in front of the Blessed Sacrament is possible.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well I'll see if I pick anything out of it when I watch it :yep:

The first way to learn what your vocation is, is to pray upon it; in front of the Blessed Sacrament is possible.
I definitely need to do lots of praying. I don't know what God wants from me anymore :no:
adamrules247
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I definitely need to do lots of praying. I don't know what God wants from me anymore :no:
Same here. The second I start gravitating towards one of them the second He throws me the other way.
amandacalifornia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi guys, Just wanted to say thank you to whoever gave me the personal rep and the included very nice comment. I wish you'd left your name! I love it when people are nice. Gives me faith in humanity.
adamrules247
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by amandacalifornia)
Hi guys, Just wanted to say thank you to whoever gave me the personal rep and the included very nice comment. I wish you'd left your name! I love it when people are nice. Gives me faith in humanity.
:hi:
adamrules247
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by amandacalifornia)
This nasty, hateful, ignorant, unChristian comment and the rep/response it got on this thread, of all threads, is why I have not joined the TSR Christian society.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
PRSOM! Epic post!
adamrules247
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So sad that Cicerao said they hated the Catholic Church :no:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah all that was getting rather nasty. I have little time for anti-Catholic bashing :no:

I'm doing Oxbridge mock interviews on Saturday and have been given two personal statements. One applicant mentions going to Lourdes :woo: So tempted to turn the whole interview into a debate on Catholic mysticism :yeah:
adamrules247
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah all that was getting rather nasty. I have little time for anti-Catholic bashing :no:

I'm doing Oxbridge mock interviews on Saturday and have been given two personal statements. One applicant mentions going to Lourdes :woo: So tempted to turn the whole interview into a debate on Catholic mysticism :yeah:
Actually do it! That would be amazing :party: :woo:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (109)
19.57%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (227)
40.75%
Nope, not that interesting (221)
39.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise