TSR Catholic Society Watch

The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
thank you. yeh I'm pretty stressed. I don't know what to do if I can't find it. Ring the bank and pretend to be her and request a new card maybe? ugh
Do you have all the information to do that? Can you contact her out in Turkey? :hugs:
rac1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
Prayers for no terrorist attacks and London not mucking up the Olympics would be much appreciate. Love from all London Catholics :jebus:
Was in the bidding prayers Sunday before last

I could really use a bit of group prayer to St Anthony if any of you feel like helping me out.

I've lost my mother's bank card. She's in Turkey until the beginning of October, and she relies on me getting her pension out of her account every week from the post office, and passing it across to her other account via online banking, so then she can get it via a cash machine over there from her other account.

Bit complicated I know...and in case you're wondering why she didn't just take this card herself, it's because it's one that you can only withdraw money via a post office....

.....anyway, not the point really. The point is I've gone and lost the card. She's going to murder me, I have no idea what I'm going to do.

I've been praying all day to St. Anthony to help me find it, bbut I'm still not having much luck, so if you could please join in a bit of collective petitioning to him that would be really helpful.

Cheers in advance
That's so weird my mum just found her debit card (lost it yesterday) in her coat pocket!

prayers to St Anthony

Last night on the way home from holiday I was really happy to hear this when my mum turned the radio on.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...Leap_of_Faith/
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rac1)
Glad to hear that! All's going well so far, it seems. Would appreciate continued prayers for London though :yes: :hugs: :yes:

How are you doing atm?
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I was not aware of St Anthony being the patron saint of lost articles, thanks for this. There is a beautiful painting of him in the main Brussels art museum.

I was aware of the patron saint of lost causes, St Jude.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
I was not aware of St Anthony being the patron saint of lost articles, thanks for this. There is a beautiful painting of him in the main Brussels art museum.

I was aware of the patron saint of lost causes, St Jude.
I told my mum my dissertation is a lost cause and the next day she bought me a statue of St Jude, to motivate me into getting it done. Strangely enough, having him looking down on me actually IS good motivation to finish on time :eek:
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Prayer to St Anthony said for you. Hope you're OK. Must be so stressful :console: :hugs: :console:
(Original post by rac1)

That's so weird my mum just found her debit card (lost it yesterday) in her coat pocket!

prayers to St Anthony
I can't thank you both enough. The card turned up this afternoon - ironically just about 2 hours before my mam phoned me (the first time I had heard from her since before I lost the card!) - i had already rehearsed the speech in my head as to how I was going to break it to her that it was lost....and I was actually just thinking about it when I spotted the card. It was amazing!

I was over the moon!

So thanks to both of you, and of course to St. Anthony.

That's my little miracle of the day!
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I can't thank you both enough. The card turned up this afternoon - ironically just about 2 hours before my mam phoned me (the first time I had heard from her since before I lost the card!) - i had already rehearsed the speech in my head as to how I was going to break it to her that it was lost....and I was actually just thinking about it when I spotted the card. It was amazing!

I was over the moon!

Praise the Lord! Well done, St Anthony! So pleased to hear this :rave: :yeah:
Matthew_Lowson
Report 6 years ago
Could I please have a few prayers as I think about whether to take a job.

And a few for James (my brother) as he starts his new job on Sunday
Matthew_Lowson
Report 6 years ago

I was over the moon!

So pleased to hear this, good old St Anthony
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Matthew_Lowson)

Prayers said for these intentions
rac1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

I was over the moon!

Thank goodness! Never lose hope, it ain't over til the fat lady sings!

(Original post by Matthew_Lowson)

Good luck!

It's results day on Thursday *jumps up and down*

On to my bad news, (oh satan, i hate you) I've been scammed
Please can you pray for me to get my money back without having to go to court or anything
I'm convinced that the guy behind it is the same person who got arrested for charity fraud not long ago.
i can't believe this has happened.

P.S. holy day of obligation tomorrow.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rac1)

On to my bad news, (oh satan, i hate you) I've been scammed
Please can you pray for me to get my money back without having to go to court or anything
I'm convinced that the guy behind it is the same person who got arrested for charity fraud not long ago.
i can't believe this has happened.

P.S. holy day of obligation tomorrow.
Prayers for all those receiving results, and that you get your money back. What a horrible thing to happen to you :jumphug:
rac1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Prayers for all those receiving results, and that you get your money back. What a horrible thing to happen to you :jumphug:
thankyou, much appreciated
I have more bad news though, had some vandalism at a church near the town centre, its not too bad really but it would be great if they found out who did it and then we would help them understand us more.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rac1)
thankyou, much appreciated
I have more bad news though, had some vandalism at a church near the town centre, its not too bad really but it would be great if they found out who did it and then we would help them understand us more.
How sad Praying for this intention too :yes:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rac1)

How did you do?
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi again everyone. I tend to drift in and out of this thread - will try and stick around a bit more regularly now How is everyone?

God bless
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Message)
Hi again everyone. I tend to drift in and out of this thread - will try and stick around a bit more regularly now How is everyone?

God bless
Not to worry: we sometimes get quite quiet in here! I'm not too bad thanks: how are you?
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thats good to hear I am good thanks - got my AS results today (AABB) which I was pleased with. Thanks be to God for those Now I just hope that I can retake a couple of exams to get the last few UMS I need to bring the Bs up to As!

In other news, I have now been a fully fledged Catholic for a few months now. You may remember me - I was part of the RCIA programme and came into fully Communion with the Church at Easter . It is truly an honour to be able to recieve our LORD now.

I also went to Rome in early June, it was my 18th birthday present so I managed to have a look round the Vatican - what an amazing trip!

Been up to much?
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Message)
Thats good to hear I am good thanks - got my AS results today (AABB) which I was pleased with. Thanks be to God for those Now I just hope that I can retake a couple of exams to get the last few UMS I need to bring the Bs up to As!

In other news, I have now been a fully fledged Catholic for a few months now. You may remember me - I was part of the RCIA programme and came into fully Communion with the Church at Easter . It is truly an honour to be able to recieve our LORD now.

I also went to Rome in early June, it was my 18th birthday present so I managed to have a look round the Vatican - what an amazing trip!

Been up to much?
Ah yes, I remember praying for you :yes: Congratulations on those wonderful results! Let us know when retakes time comes along and we can pray for you to bump up your marks, since that's your wish

You went to Rome and saw the Vatican? :eek: Jealous doesn't even begin to cover that :no:

I am completing my Masters degree at the moment by writing a 15,000 word dissertation. It has to be in by 30th August at the latest (unless I get an extension). Would appreciate prayers for this intention

I haven't managed to go on any pilgrimages this year. I wanted to go to Taize or Lourdes (or both!) but instead my uncle is paying for me to fly to Sri Lanka and Singapore for a holiday. I'd rather have gone to Lourdes, tbh, but it's incredibly generous of my uncle (he knows we'd never be able to afford it, were I to pay for myself), so I shouldn't complain
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ah yes, I remember praying for you :yes: Congratulations on those wonderful results! Let us know when retakes time comes along and we can pray for you to bump up your marks, since that's your wish

You went to Rome and saw the Vatican? :eek: Jealous doesn't even begin to cover that :no:

I am completing my Masters degree at the moment by writing a 15,000 word dissertation. It has to be in by 30th August at the latest (unless I get an extension). Would appreciate prayers for this intention

I haven't managed to go on any pilgrimages this year. I wanted to go to Taize or Lourdes (or both!) but instead my uncle is paying for me to fly to Sri Lanka and Singapore for a holiday. I'd rather have gone to Lourdes, tbh, but it's incredibly generous of my uncle (he knows we'd never be able to afford it, were I to pay for myself), so I shouldn't complain
Haha thanks a lot. Prayers said for your dissertation May I ask what you are studying?

Rome and the Vatican was amazing - it was truly a privilage to be there and see the wonderful sights - a very Holy experience. I heartily recommend

That is very kind of your uncle - I have never been to the East - I hear it is very beautiful over there. When are you off? Have you been before?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1377)
79.5%
Leave (355)
20.5%

Watched Threads