The Student Room Group

TSR Catholic Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5040
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:teehee:

Imagine if we did all meet though? It would be kinda awesome, even if it did make me freak out a bit :colondollar: We could go for Mass and Adoration and do fun social things too! :gah:

The last time someone suggested this though (I think it was Matthew) i said 'but it will never work, we live too far apart'...
Reply 5041
Original post by rac1
The last time someone suggested this though (I think it was Matthew) i said 'but it will never work, we live too far apart'...

We could always organise something in London that anyone who can make could go to/open it up to the Christian soc. Invite them to see some Catholic craziness :teeth:
Original post by Aula
Ooh! We could all meet up and go to Catholic underground or something?
http://www.catholicunderground.co.uk/

That looks great :biggrin: :awesome: :yep:

Original post by rac1

This is true :sad: Where does everyone live again? I've got the memory of a goldfish.

In an ideal world, if something like this were to happen, I'd suggest we all go to Walsingham :love:
Reply 5043
Original post by Aula
We could always organise something in London that anyone who can make could go to/open it up to the Christian soc. Invite them to see some Catholic craziness :teeth:

yeah, some gentle evangelisation:smile:

That looks great :biggrin: :awesome: :yep:

This is true :sad: Where does everyone live again? I've got the memory of a goldfish.

In an ideal world, if something like this were to happen, I'd suggest we all go to Walsingham :love:

I'm in huddersfield, you're in london, Matthew's in Leeds not sure about everyone else. I never did go there last year would be nice.
Original post by Aula

:rofl: :ahee: :colone:

Original post by rac1

I'm in huddersfield, you're in london, Matthew's in Leeds not sure about everyone else. I never did go there last year would be nice.

Hmm, so we need something more central really, don't we :s-smilie: Hmm. Maybe this will be too difficult to arrange. We can still dream though :moon:

Aula lives vaguely near me though :ninja:
Reply 5045

Hmm, so we need something more central really, don't we :s-smilie: Hmm. Maybe this will be too difficult to arrange. We can still dream though :moon:

Yeah... indeed
vaguely?:smile:

There is so much work I should do. I can't find my memory stick again though, I left it at school yesterday which I never do! Just needed to moan about that.
Original post by rac1
Yeah... indeed

There is so much work I should do. I can't find my memory stick again though, I left it at school yesterday which I never do! Just needed to moan about that.

Ah no about the memory stick! Hope you can find it where you left it tomorrow!

Indeedy. Well I think. I've never actually properly Google-stalked her :ninja:

Right, getting tired now, so gonna head to bed. Night all! Good to see this thread buzzing - thanks to SPB for kicking it off for us :biggrin:
Reply 5047
Ah no about the memory stick! Hope you can find it where you left it tomorrow!

Indeedy. Well I think. I've never actually properly Google-stalked her :ninja:

Right, getting tired now, so gonna head to bed. Night all! Good to see this thread buzzing - thanks to SPB for kicking it off for us :biggrin:

Thankyou.
Goodnight :smile::goodnight: (I think that's the only smiley with a cross in it!)
Reply 5048

Walsingham could be good :teeth:
Or we could all go to a catholic camp of some kind...

Original post by rac1
Yeah... indeed

I'm North of London,
I think we're both the same diocese.

I so do not miss exam revision :no:
Reply 5049
Original post by Aula
Walsingham could be good :teeth:
Or we could all go to a catholic camp of some kind...

I'm North of London,

I so do not miss exam revision :no:

There is one at Walsingham:smile:

I need to do that too:frown:
Reply 5050
Memory stick was in my coat pocket. Mystery solved :smile:
Reply 5051
Original post by rac1
There is one at Walsingham:smile:

I need to do that too:frown:

New Dawn?

Well done on finding the memory stick :yy:
Original post by Aula

I'm North of London,

I don't think we are, actually. Fr S's church is the same diocese as yours but I'm actually in the Southwark diocese :colondollar:

Original post by rac1
Memory stick was in my coat pocket. Mystery solved :smile:

:yay:
I don't think we are, actually. Fr S's church is the same diocese as yours but I'm actually in the Southwark diocese :colondollar:

:yay:

Ooh hello diocesan neighbour, I'm Westminster :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kath_igidbashian
Ooh hello diocesan neighbour, I'm Westminster :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hi:

Have to say, I prefer the Westminster diocese to the Southwark one. The website is much better, for a start, and there seems to be much more going on :yep:
:hi:

Have to say, I prefer the Westminster diocese to the Southwark one. The website is much better, for a start, and there seems to be much more going on :yep:

I have to admit I've never seen the Southwark website, have you been to st Georges cathedral, I think? Never been so not sure how compares to westminster cathedral

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have to admit I've never seen the Southwark website, have you been to st Georges cathedral, I think? Never been so not sure how compares to westminster cathedral

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't bother looking the website up: not worth the time :p: I don't think I have been to St George's Cathedral :nah: Whereas I have def been to Westminster Cathedral. I received communion from Cardinal Hume there, a year or so before he passed away :yes:
Don't bother looking the website up: not worth the time :p: I don't think I have been to St George's Cathedral :nah: Whereas I have def been to Westminster Cathedral. I received communion from Cardinal Hume there, a year or so before he passed away :yes:

Wow! What year did he die I have a feeling I was too young to receive communion then. Have from archbishop cormac Murphy O'Connor and Vincent Nichols

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow! What year did he die I have a feeling I was too young to receive communion then. Have from archbishop cormac Murphy O'Connor and Vincent Nichols

Posted from TSR Mobile

According to Wikipedia, he died in 1999, which sounds about right from my vague memories of it.

Come to think of it, I think I might have received communion from Archbishop O'Connor too :five: And I snagged a quick blessing from Archbishop Nichols a few years ago, when I was really ill and went round getting pretty much every priest I could find to bless me :colondollar:
According to Wikipedia, he died in 1999, which sounds about right from my vague memories of it.

Come to think of it, I think I might have received communion from Archbishop O'Connor too :five: And I snagged a quick blessing from Archbishop Nichols a few years ago, when I was really ill and went round getting pretty much every priest I could find to bless me :colondollar:

I was definitely too young then...
Well I'm glad the blessings seemed to work then x Did you not get a chance to go to Lourdes?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending