TSR Catholic Society Watch

rac1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Aula)

She was saying things about getting annoyed with people on this forum :erm:
Thanks, that's sort of understandable really ! I was worried she was like really really really ill and didn't want to say goodbye:nooo:

silly me I hope she comes back

(Original post by AspiringMedic8)
Hi everyone

I just discovered the Catholic society on here, which probably more accurately represents me than the Christian one that I've been posting on every now and then. I'm baptised and I've had my first communion although I'm a little disillusioned by the church sometimes!

Posted from TSR Mobile
:hello:
We just had someone posting recently who'd only recently been confirmed after waiting for four years. There is some really good stuff out there that explains church teaching, but I can definitely recommend YOUCAT (youth catechism) which is the catechism but laid out a bit less longwindedly for easier reading
rac1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Aula)
So they're talking on the news about Pope Francis having landed in Brazil "for a week long tour"
Brief mention of people having to make way for more than a million pilgrims, but really, there was no mention of what people were actually there for!

Oh media, media, media :facepalm2:
Silly billies
rac1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My grandma is going into hospital tomorrow and is having her big op on Thursday so please say a quick one for her if you can. Thanks
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello, I'm back. Sorry if I worried anyone - had to shut down and do damage limitation before a psychotic episode could start :cry: Am feeling more myself now. Not sure it's really safe to come back but meh

Praying for all intentions :grouphugs:
Aula
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
Hello, I'm back. Sorry if I worried anyone - had to shut down and do damage limitation before a psychotic episode could start :cry: Am feeling more myself now. Not sure it's really safe to come back but meh

Glad you're back!

Maybe avoid all threads apart from here and x-soc for another few days?

:lovehug:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Aula)
Glad you're back!

Maybe avoid all threads apart from here and x-soc for another few days?

:lovehug:
I think I'm gonna have to avoid them full stop, tbh. Just going round the usual threads I hang out in is making me feel all shaky and on edge :cry:

Good to be back with you guys though :grouphugs:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Fr S actually answered his texts for once :ahee: Spiritual direction and confession on Friday. Need to write a list of things to talk about
Saoirse:3
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The media coverage of the Pope being in Brazil is awful. None of the context, no explanation, just some stuff about how he doesn't think drugs should be legalised to portray the Catholic Church as anti-progressive as usual. Sigh.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Saoirse:3)
The media coverage of the Pope being in Brazil is awful. None of the context, no explanation, just some stuff about how he doesn't think drugs should be legalised to portray the Catholic Church as anti-progressive as usual. Sigh.
I've been avoiding the media coverage, since I guessed it would make me cross. It's such a shame because I've seen some excerpts of what Pope Francis has been saying, on my Facebook feed, and it's great stuff :yes:
Saoirse:3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've been avoiding the media coverage, since I guessed it would make me cross. It's such a shame because I've seen some excerpts of what Pope Francis has been saying, on my Facebook feed, and it's great stuff :yes:
I wish I had more (/active) Catholic friends in real life so I could talk to them about stuff like this! My area seems to be dominated by Muslims and Atheists/Agnostics/Don't Cares with the occasional Protestant.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Saoirse:3)
I wish I had more (/active) Catholic friends in real life so I could talk to them about stuff like this! My area seems to be dominated by Muslims and Atheists/Agnostics/Don't Cares with the occasional Protestant.
Awww :console: Well rest assured, you can talk away to your heart's content here! We are all here in fellowship to listen and chime in
Aula
Rep:
?
All this.

On which note, there's a super exciting photo of a friend meeting the Pope currently at the top of my news feed! :excited:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Aula)
All this.

On which note, there's a super exciting photo of a friend meeting the Pope currently at the top of my news feed! :excited:
YOUR FRIEND MET THE POPE?!?!?! :eek4: :awesome: :banana:

That is so cool. I really dunno what I'd do or say in such a situation though

Would appreciate prayers for my family. ****'s going down this end
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I did not know until this morning that Our Lady's parents were saints. St Joachim and St Anne, please pray for us.
TheGalwayGirl
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
I did not know until this morning that Our Lady's parents were saints. St Joachim and St Anne, please pray for us.
knew about St. Anne, not St Joachim thought, learn something new everyday
Aula
Rep:
?
;yep:

Which means today is my feast day :awesome:

:jebus:
After our earlier conversation...
Also, St Ann is a good person to pray to for finding a husband :ninjagirl:
rac1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
YOUR FRIEND MET THE POPE?!?!?! :eek4: :awesome: :banana:

That is so cool. I really dunno what I'd do or say in such a situation though

Would appreciate prayers for my family. ****'s going down this end
You came back!!!!!!!!!!! Things will get better

(Original post by kath_igidbashian)
knew about St. Anne, not St Joachim thought, learn something new everyday
Is your mum alright?

My grandma is recovering well, I really need to sneak that scapular into her life though.

WYD looks fantastic!:ahee: Definitely need to go there one day. Have you seen the photo of Pope wearing one of those flowery Hawaiian things? Father Lombardi does really good press conferences too
lucine.B
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

You left!!! :eek2::eek3::eek4::eek:

JKJKJK Missed ya TLG Hope your good and well now!
:awesome::five:
lucine.B
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AspiringMedic8)
Hi everyone

I just discovered the Catholic society on here, which probably more accurately represents me than the Christian one that I've been posting on every now and then. I'm baptised and I've had my first communion although I'm a little disillusioned by the church sometimes!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello :hello: I'm lucine
I thought the same thing as well which is why i also joined this society!
Ah ok haha well i'm a regular churchgoer and i try to pray as often as i can! How are you???
lucine.B
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You didn't?!! :eek: Well at least you know now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (105)
78.95%
Leave (28)
21.05%

Watched Threads