The Student Room Group

TSR Catholic Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AspiringMedic8
Oh my goodness! How great! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I'm well chuffed for him :biggrin:
Hello everyone :smile:

I hope you're all having a good advent. Do many of you buy into the chocolate advent calendar idea, or do you prefer to focus on more religious things?

I, for one, haven't got a calendar this year, and I don't miss it.

In addition, thank you all for your support, because I have grown in faith so much recently. God is always there for me. A friend said to me, about a year ago, when I was having doubts about believing that he bet that by "this time next year I would be an atheist."

I'm pleased to say that he is wrong.

God bless you all and have a great Christmas! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope you're all having a good advent. Do many of you buy into the chocolate advent calendar idea, or do you prefer to focus on more religious things?

In addition, thank you all for your support, because I have grown in faith so much recently. God is always there for me. A friend said to me, about a year ago, when I was having doubts about believing that he bet that by "this time next year I would be an atheist."

Posted from TSR Mobile

My sister bought be a Lindt Advent calendar, which I have been greatly enjoying :colondollar: :colondollar: :colondollar:

Glad to hear you are growing in faith, though no doubt that says more about your own perseverance than anything I've said :p: Well done on proving that friend wrong :hugs:
Reply 6083

Posted from TSR Mobile

M&S do chocolate advent calendars with nativity scenes on. Best of both worlds :proud:

Also glad to hear that you've been growing in faith :yep:
Original post by Aula
M&S do chocolate advent calendars with nativity scenes on. Best of both worlds :proud:

Also glad to hear that you've been growing in faith :yep:

Awesome! Hadn't seen this before, I haven't had a calendar in years and when we did it was nearly always a religious calendar. Christ and chocolate Yayyy!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have not had an Advent calendar for years. I liked the one from the Dark Star Brewery with a bottle of beer for every day. My tree and crib went up on Advent Sunday.
Reply 6086
Original post by kath_igidbashian
Awesome! Hadn't seen this before, I haven't had a calendar in years and when we did it was nearly always a religious calendar. Christ and chocolate Yayyy!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, right? :awesome:
I've had just a chocolate one before, but it never felt quite right. If I'm unable to get one, I might get two - one chocolate and one religious :yep:

Original post by barnetlad
I have not had an Advent calendar for years. I liked the one from the Dark Star Brewery with a bottle of beer for every day. My tree and crib went up on Advent Sunday.

That one sounds good :mmm:

My nativity set went up Dec 1st. There's an empty space instead of a crib though, because it seems to be impossible to get an affordable one where the baby Jesus isn't attached :sigh:
My 3 year old niece is ridiculously cute though, she keeps playing with it, and every now and then asks of she can get the baby Jesus out of the little box he's currently in (she's also quite happy for him to go back in when she's finished playing) :h:

Our tree won't go up until about the 24th though :colonhash:
No sign of the tree or crib yet in our place. We're having a bit of a tough time as a family and such things are the last thing on my dad's mind atm - would appreciate prayers :sadnod:
Original post by Aula

Our tree won't go up until about the 24th though :colonhash:

pester pester:xmas:
Reply 6089
Original post by getfunky!

Pester pester pester yourself :colonhash:

:angelwings: :cracker:
Tomorrow is nine months since Jorge Mario Bergolio emerged onto the balcony in St Peters Square as Pope Francis
Reply 6091
Original post by Matthew_Lowson
Tomorrow is nine months since Jorge Mario Bergolio emerged onto the balcony in St Peters Square as Pope Francis

9 wonderful months of Catholicism :h:
Original post by Matthew_Lowson

Hey Matthew, good to hear from you. Thanks for reminding us all of this :biggrin:

Original post by Aula
9 wonderful months of Catholicism :h:

Indeedy :awesome: :banana: :woo: :jebus: :cool:
Original post by Aula
Pester pester pester yourself :colonhash:

:angelwings: :cracker:

You're not as welcoming as I had heard.. but I'll forgive you for that:u:
Reply 6094
You're not as welcoming as I had heard.. but I'll forgive you for that:u:

Only for you :flutter:

(serious note, welcome to Cathsoc :h:)

Sorry I didn't welcome you yet - wasn't sure whether you were an invader who needed to be turfed out or not. I see you know Aula though, which is stamp of approval enough for me. So: welcome :biggrin: :jebus: :awesome:
Reply 6096
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Sorry I didn't welcome you yet - wasn't sure whether you were an invader who needed to be turfed out or not. I see you know Aula though, which is stamp of approval enough for me. So: welcome :biggrin: :jebus: :awesome:

Well... He may still need to be turfed out. He's not Catholic, so we shall have to wait and see if he behaves...
Original post by Aula
Well... He may still need to be turfed out. He's not Catholic, so we shall have to wait and see if he behaves...

:colone: :ninja: :security:
Reply 6098
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Pope Francis has been named as Time Magazine's 'Person of the Year'! :awesome:

I've totally forgotten to buy it!
Reply 6099

Posted from TSR Mobile

:smile: I have a healthy one this year because it only has pictures and it was 49p!

I think I'm going to adoration tomorrow, for the first time :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending