Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Catholic Society watch

Announcements
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by AspiringMedic8)
    Okay, so I think I'm getting confirmed in the summer. I have some questions!

What does this actually consist of?

I don't want to do it in front of a mass, do I have to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It does usually consist of a big service with family and friends gathered to celebrate this wonderful sacrament! However, I do know of cases where it has been done privately by a bishop, so you could ask about that if you're concerned :yes:

(Original post by Perla_ak)
    you wont date someone even if they are from another religion other than yours ?
    Well in my culture, that's how it's done, so no, I wouldn't :nah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    That's cool but don't you worry of any matters where there could be confrontation ie religious holidays or children's beliefs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes that's definitely a problem, it would be easier if they just were agnostic or atheist rather than another religion altogether because its then only the Christian religious holidays. That being said they can't be militant atheist, they have to respect my faith

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I am FINALLY getting the help I need from my hospital, regarding my mental health and erratic behaviour this month. Praise the Lord! :jebus:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    I am FINALLY getting the help I need from my hospital, regarding my mental health and erratic behaviour this month. Praise the Lord! :jebus:
    Hallelujah! So pleased for you!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ, isn't that all that counts!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Aula)
    Hallelujah! So pleased for you!
    Thank you Have appreciated everyone's prayers and support. New psychiatrist was great at listening and clearly very intelligent and with it. She was very kind too. They've got loads of things in place to help me keep safe this weekend, which is good

(Original post by listenup24)
    I'm a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ, isn't that all that counts!
    :wavey:

Not sure what the second part of your sentence refers to, not gonna lie :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    (Original post by Aula)
    ladies
    Sorry to inform you but the whole "I'm thinking of becoming Catholic" was a little TSR style frape from my brother, seemed he went round quite a few threads proclaiming it to wind me up, after he caught me reading a Catholic themed book.

Sorry bout that.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Three Mile Sprint)
    Sorry to inform you but the whole "I'm thinking of becoming Catholic" was a little TSR style frape from my brother, seemed he went round quite a few threads proclaiming it to wind me up, after he caught me reading a Catholic themed book.

Sorry bout that.
    Oh, that's a shame! Never mind. You're still always welcome to hang out here :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Oh, that's a shame! Never mind. You're still always welcome to hang out here :hugs:
    Oh I know.

*Hugs*

ReputationRep:

Sorry bout that.
    :giggle:

That's really quite funny.

ReputationRep:

Sorry bout that.
    :sad: Oh that is dissapointing.

Good news though, the date went well!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by rac1)
    Yay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rac1)
    :sad: Oh that is dissapointing.

Exciting :teeth:
    No need to go for 'soz but I want to be a nun' then? :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    Exciting :teeth:
    No need to go for 'soz but I want to be a nun' then? :mmm:
    Well I found out beforehand (via facebook :ninjagirl:) that he probably went to a Catholic school and by pure coincidence he brought this up himself. The downside is that he isn't Catholic, so I managed to slip in " Oh I'm catholic" and he said "oh cool" I felt too uncomfortable to ask him to elaborate on that but we didn't really have anything in common (was nice all the same) so I :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the rep by the way, I'm amazed it wasn't on PRSOM.

ReputationRep:
    "Nuns, making wine?"
    "Our Lord asked us to observe vows of poverty, chastity and obedience. He never said anything about sobriety"

Oh Fr Brown :love:

:giggle:

ReputationRep:
    February :awesome:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Aula)
    February :awesome:
    Very nice :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    It does usually consist of a big service with family and friends gathered to celebrate this wonderful sacrament! However, I do know of cases where it has been done privately by a bishop, so you could ask about that if you're concerned :yes:

Well in my culture, that's how it's done, so no, I wouldn't :nah:
    I'm either going to get confirmed in this tiny chapel with about 25 seats, or have it done privately. I don't want it in front of my massive congregation!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perla_ak)
    good one (y) that's Christianity and these are the words Jesus said Love each other as I loved you. There is no difference between us God will judge us on the way we treat people not on our religion
    I do detest sectarianism, when you look at the vast majority of sects of Christianity, you find that our beliefs are resoundingly similar!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.