TSR Catholic Society Watch

The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
A Lent Calendar courtesy of CAFOD. No chocolates though.

http://www.cafod.org.uk/Pray/Lent-Calendar-2014
Thanks for sharing this - I'm on PRSOM for you unfortunately :grumble:

No chocolates makes TLG sad and the Baby Jesus cry :sadnod:

:ninja:
Aula
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Here's some suggestions for things to give up for Lent:

http://lifeteen.com/what-to-give-up-...deas-for-lent/

The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Maybe I should try and give up takeaways, come to think of it. Will be hard though :cry2:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aula)
Here's some suggestions for things to give up for Lent:

http://lifeteen.com/what-to-give-up-...deas-for-lent/

Only just manage to get the link to work. I might do No.8 :yep:

Since I can't sleep, I have already done my rosary for the day. It was offered up for all your currently unsaid intentions xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think if it's OK by people, I might suggest a few things for our rosary intentions, based on the Pontifex Twitter account? :ninja:

Today though, I would like to invite those of you praying the rosary, to offer it up for the Crimean region
Aula
Rep:
?
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
I think if it's OK by people, I might suggest a few things for our rosary intentions, based on the Pontifex Twitter account? :ninja:

Today though, I would like to invite those of you praying the rosary, to offer it up for the Crimean region
Oops, I knew there was something else I was supposed to be doing yesterday

Met the new youth coordinator for the next door parish in paperchase today. God is good :teeth:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aula)
Oops, I knew there was something else I was supposed to be doing yesterday

Met the new youth coordinator for the next door parish in paperchase today. God is good :teeth:
Dw, I haven't done my rosary yet Luminous mysteries :ahhhhh:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Couldn't bear to do the Luminous Mysteries, so I think I'll do two rosaries today to make up for it.

Today's intention, at Aula's wise suggestion, is that we pray for all A Level students preparing for their summer exams. May the Holy Spirit encourage and work through them!
The Epicurean
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was wondering if anyone here is knowledgeable about altar serving?

There was always one part during altar serving I remember doing when I was an altar server at my old church but don't think I have seen done at other Churches. But I always remember somewhere before the Eucharist we used to come out with candles and someone would come out with incense and I think we would all kneel before the altar. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but I was wondering if anyone knows what that was and if it has a name? The Mass I used to go to there used to be a lot of altar servers and so I guess more roles had to be created so everybody got to do something So maybe the priest just included it just to give everybody a role?
Aula
Rep:
?
I know it's similar to Thursday, but it'd be good if today we could pray for the Ukraine, that the people who live there may have peace.

I'm a member of postcrossing (look it up if you don't know what it is, it's awesome :teeth:) and today I received a postcard from someone in the Ukraine asking for prayers.

Also, exciting news! http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/news...-fulton-sheen/
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sure thing, Aula! Today we pray for the Ukraine, all its people, and for its governors, so that peace may prevail :sadnod:

We also pray for Poncho Kid's sister, who may be made homeless soon We pray for all those facing difficulty with housing and accommodation :sadnod:

(Confession: too depressed to do the last two rosaries. I fail at Lent and thus fail at life :bawling: )

Ah yes, I heard about this Fulton Sheen miracle! Very exciting indeed
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The Epicurean)
I was wondering if anyone here is knowledgeable about altar serving?

There was always one part during altar serving I remember doing when I was an altar server at my old church but don't think I have seen done at other Churches. But I always remember somewhere before the Eucharist we used to come out with candles and someone would come out with incense and I think we would all kneel before the altar. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but I was wondering if anyone knows what that was and if it has a name? The Mass I used to go to there used to be a lot of altar servers and so I guess more roles had to be created so everybody got to do something So maybe the priest just included it just to give everybody a role?
:wavey:

Did this happen at every service or at a particular time of year? I think I've seen something similar happen during Holy Week at my church, but certainly not as a regular occurence :dontknow:
Aula
Rep:
?
Sure thing, Aula! Today we pray for the Ukraine, all its people, and for its governors, so that peace may prevail :sadnod:

We also pray for Poncho Kid's sister, who may be made homeless soon We pray for all those facing difficulty with housing and accommodation :sadnod:

(Confession: too depressed to do the last two rosaries. I fail at Lent and thus fail at life :bawling: )
It's okay, I do too! :awesome:

:cry:

Ah yes, I heard about this Fulton Sheen miracle! Very exciting indeed
It's not a miracle yet - still a few more hoops to be jumped through, but it's certainly on the way there.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aula)
It's okay, I do too! :awesome:

:cry:
:console: :hugs: :console:

It's OK - Jesus knows what's in our hearts and I'm sure our intention to pray counts for something, even if we don't quite get to doing the actual rosary itself

It's not a miracle yet - still a few more hoops to be jumped through, but it's certainly on the way there.
Sorry, my bad Exciting stuff though, for sure :ahee:
The Epicurean
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
:wavey:

Did this happen at every service or at a particular time of year? I think I've seen something similar happen during Holy Week at my church, but certainly not as a regular occurence :dontknow:
I am pretty sure I remember it being all year around. But I have the feeling that the priest probably just added extra roles for the altar servers because there were so many.
getfunky!
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So ..how's Lent going for you guys?
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Today I think our prayer/rosary intention should be the missing Malaysian plane. Quite worrying really :erm:

(Original post by getfunky!)
So ..how's Lent going for you guys?
It's already driven me crazy :getmecoat:
Aula
Rep:
?
Today I think our prayer/rosary intention should be the missing Malaysian plane. Quite worrying really :erm:
I was thinking this, although we could keep it for Monday as Sundays don't count during lent :mmm:

It's already driven me crazy :getmecoat:
:ditto:

I miss butter :puppyeyes:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aula)
I was thinking this, although we could keep it for Monday as Sundays don't count during lent :mmm:
I always ignore the Sunday thing coz if I give in on Sundays, I'll never be able to start again on Mondays

:ditto:

I miss butter :puppyeyes:
:console:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Since Sundays do not count...

Today we pray for the missing Malaysian aeroplane: those on board and those affected by its disappearance :sadnod: We continue to pray for peace in the Ukraine :sadnod:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (47)
72.31%
Leave (18)
27.69%

Watched Threads