The Student Room Group

TSR Catholic Society

Scroll to see replies

Can I ask for prayers from you guys? Finally trying for a baby and I'm so nervous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Confirmation ceremony tomorrow!!! :eek3:

Original post by donutaud15
Can I ask for prayers from you guys? Finally trying for a baby and I'm so nervous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wishing you and your husband all the very best with this. Will of course pray, especially to the Blessed Mother and her cousin, St Elizabeth. And her mother St Anne, of course :yep:

:hugs:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Confirmation ceremony tomorrow!!! :eek3:

Wishing you and your husband all the very best with this. Will of course pray, especially to the Blessed Mother and her cousin, St Elizabeth. And her mother St Anne, of course :yep:

:hugs:

Thank you! Btw glad your sister is doing better! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! Btw glad your sister is doing better! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries! And thanks! She's far more stoic than me. If my apartment had been incinerated, I'd be in pieces :colondollar:
No worries! And thanks! She's far more stoic than me. If my apartment had been incinerated, I'd be in pieces :colondollar:

I would be too! But I guess survival instincts kicked in and she had to survive. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone

NEW BISHOP ALERT!!! *cue excited siren*

Bishop Ralph Heskett has been appointed the Third Bishop of Hallam
Oooh congratulations :awesome:

Confirmation ceremony tonight went well - thanks for all the prayers offered over the last few months. All the kids knew about their saint and one totally flummoxed the poor chief celebrant (no bishop this year) by choosing St Thorlax (not sure of spelling) :rofl:
Reply 6727

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everything will work out in the end :smile: You asked me a question a while ago but Aula answered for me :smile:
Original post by Matthew_Lowson
Hi everyone

Yay! I bet he is sad to be moving away from sunny Gibraltar. Leeds still need a new bishop.

Confirmation ceremony tonight went well - thanks for all the prayers offered over the last few months. All the kids knew about their saint and one totally flummoxed the poor chief celebrant (no bishop this year) by choosing St Thorlax (not sure of spelling) :rofl:

That's good to hear, I didn't know there were any Icelandic saints.:cool:

We're going to try and keep the facebook page open for Christian Union so hopefully we can post Catholic events on there.:wink:
Reply 6728

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everything will work out in the end :smile: You asked me a question a while ago but Aula answered for me :smile:
Original post by Matthew_Lowson
Hi everyone

Yay! I bet he is sad to be moving away from sunny Gibraltar. Leeds still need a new bishop.

That's good to hear, I didn't know there were any Icelandic saints.:cool:

We're going to try and keep the facebook page open for Christian Union so hopefully we can post Catholic events on there.:wink:
Original post by rac1

Indeed

Indeed, I was speaking with a friend of mine from when I went on the Leeds Lourdes pilgrimage in 2012 yesterday. It took Hallam two and a half years so it could be that your new bishop will be appointed within the next 12 months, possibly less. That said, you've got a really good Administrator there in Mgr Wilson
My mum is having MRI today to determine what's wrong with her/see if the surgeons made a mistake during a routine op. Pls can I ask you guys for prayers? I am very worried about the outcome. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My mum is having MRI today to determine what's wrong with her/see if the surgeons made a mistake during a routine op. Pls can I ask you guys for prayers? I am very worried about the outcome. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds very scary, will of course pray :jumphug:
Sounds very scary, will of course pray :jumphug:

Thanks! Just spoke to her and she had a panic attack during the scan so she has to come back later. It's too scary.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks! Just spoke to her and she had a panic attack during the scan so she has to come back later. It's too scary.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh bless her! The poor thing. It sounds horrible. I will keep praying, don't you worry :hugs:
Oh bless her! The poor thing. It sounds horrible. I will keep praying, don't you worry :hugs:

Thank you! I'm hoping it's nothing bad but I've prepared myself for the worse so I can help her if needed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Catholic here from China. Good to be in this society. :smile:
Original post by Wilsoncw1997
Catholic here from China. Good to be in this society. :smile:

Welcome! Glad you found us :biggrin: :jebus: :awesome:
During my week in France I came across several churches dedicated to Our Lady, or Notre Dame, to be correct. Notre Dame de Pays, Notre Dame de Jerusalem, and Notre Dame de Consolation are three I recall. I wonder how many varieties of dedication to Our Lady there are?
Reply 6738
Original post by barnetlad
During my week in France I came across several churches dedicated to Our Lady, or Notre Dame, to be correct. Notre Dame de Pays, Notre Dame de Jerusalem, and Notre Dame de Consolation are three I recall. I wonder how many varieties of dedication to Our Lady there are?

Lots is the answer I think...

Don't forget Notre Dame de Paris... And the ever popular Out Lady of Lourdes!
Talking of France: today is the feast day of St Joan of Arc! :awesome:

Just thought as a voice hearer, I should mention it :ninja:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending