PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Aula)
    Yay!
    I totes didn't only remember that because of OSB's post :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Tiz the Blessed Virgin Mary's bday today :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Woop woop for our Lady's birthday! I was coming home from Ireland yesterday and we were passing through the shrine at Knock, wish we could have gone in for a bit though...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by kath_igidbashian)
    Woop woop for our Lady's birthday! I was coming home from Ireland yesterday and we were passing through the shrine at Knock, wish we could have gone in for a bit though...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aww, that would have been amazing if you could have gone in! My mum really wants to go there but she needs a visa to go to Ireland :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    do any of you guys read the bible regularly? like, do you do some form of bible study? any tips?

i'm in the process of reconnecting with my faith and i would like to get into some form of bible study but i haven't read or thought about any passages since secondary school so i have no idea how to independently read the bible!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Team_McDreamy)
    do any of you guys read the bible regularly? like, do you do some form of bible study? any tips?

i'm in the process of reconnecting with my faith and i would like to get into some form of bible study but i haven't read or thought about any passages since secondary school so i have no idea how to independently read the bible!
    Good question! I am personally very bad at reading the Bible Hopefully someone else can help you out though
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-29198491

Anyone else seen any non-BBC articles on this? The BBC love Pope Francis a bit too much methinks and often tries to paint him as some champion reformer. Which I'm never too sure about how accurate it is...

Still nice to see people getting married by a Pope!

ReputationRep:

Anyone else seen any non-BBC articles on this? The BBC love Pope Francis a bit too much methinks and often tries to paint him as some champion reformer. Which I'm never too sure about how accurate it is...

Oh for goodness sake. It's not a "shift in attitude" it's how it has always been. Sure, there haven't been any papal marriages recently, but it's not a... Grr... *mumbles off into the distance about the media twisting things*

All the people married there will have been validly married. Anyone who was married before will have had their marriage annulled, anyone with children from previous relationships are, and always have been, welcome to get married in the church.

And if someone gets divorced and then remarried without seeking an annulment, then the second marriage isn't a sacramental marriage, only a legal one. The first marriage is still sacramentally valid, therefore still stands in the eyes of the church. You can't get remarried without committing bigamy.

Edit: this is probably a better link: http://www.catholicnews.com/data/sto...ns/1403766.htm
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Thankies. I wasn't 100% sure but I did think it was the Beeb getting all excited about nothing major

Mgr Marcus Stock has today been appointed as the 10th Bishop of Leeds!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matthew_Lowson)
    Totally misread that as Marcus Brigstocke for a moment there :facepalm2: :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matthew_Lowson)
    Not to be confused with George Stack, Archbishop of Cardiff.

ReputationRep:

Lovely response saying what I said, only better:
    http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/ne...JXdOM.facebook

ReputationRep:
    I miss this thread being active :sad:

Anyways, I thought I'd share this with you guys:
    http://www.patheos.com/blogs/acathol...ring-catholic/
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Aula)
    I miss this thread being active :sad:

Anyways, I thought I'd share this with you guys:
    http://www.patheos.com/blogs/acathol...ring-catholic/
    Tiz a great post! I especially liked the point about people expecting others to walk on water, when even St Peter couldn't! :yep:

I will try and spam a bit more
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I've enrolled on a PhD at Royal Holloway, and today was the first day of Freshers' Week (or Welcome Week, as it's called at RHUL). Picked up some leaflets from the chaplaincy. It appears there is a Cath Soc, and there are two Catholic Masses a week in the chapel - Friday lunchtime and Sunday evening.

Might have to try and make Friday one of my 'going-into-uni' days (am living at/commuting from home) :beard:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Hi... can I post here? I'm not sure if I'm Catholic or not. When I was a kid I'd go to church and I went to a Catholic school. I do believe in God but I disagree with a lot of what the Church says, is that allowed? :dontknow:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Samual)
    I do believe in God but I disagree with a lot of what the Church says, is that allowed? :dontknow:
    Well they let me stay so I'm sure there's room for you as well! As long as you're respectful, that's the main thing
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Well they let me stay so I'm sure there's room for you as well! As long as you're respectful, that's the main thing
    Oh okay. Some of the posts in this thread are a little intimidating to be honest. I don't ever use phrases like "thanks be to God" and I don't observe any holidays apart from Christmas. You all seem to be very serious and devoted whereas I am full of doubt. Me and God aren't friends.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Samual)
    Oh okay. Some of the posts in this thread are a little intimidating to be honest. I don't ever use phrases like "thanks be to God" and I don't observe any holidays apart from Christmas. You all seem to be very serious and devoted whereas I am full of doubt. Me and God aren't friends.
    I am very devoted but not very serious, dw! There are differing levels of belief and adherence in this Soc. You don't have to be besties with God to be in the Soc :nah:

:hugs:

How come you don't observe Easter, if you don't mind me asking? I'm full of doubt too btw, so you're def not the only one :hugs:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.