TSR Catholic Society Watch

The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Aula)
I don't think you've ever posted anything I've been offended by, but then I have quite a high tolerance for funny :cute:
If people don't want a chat, we could always have a group?
Yeah I was thinking a group might work better coz we're a naturally less talkative bunch than X Soc anyway

:lovehug:
JoeL1994
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm up for a Facebook group!
rac1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So good to hear from you
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
Signed your petition :yep: That must have been amazing, going to the Youth Meeting in Prague! Am well jealous

The Christian Soc has a group on Facebook so there is theoretically no reason why we can't do the same, if enough people would be up for it? I don't mind people adding me on Facebook, though you should all be warned that I'm a Facebook spammer and do like to repost memes and stuff :awesome: I don't know how people on here feel about the kinda Catholic memes that come up on Facebook. I don't think any of the ones I've posted are offensive or irreverant but I know not everyone on here has the same approach to Catholicism that I do :jebus: I wouldn't want to offend anyone but equally I don't wanna have to change the way I post! :o:
It was amazing! (apart from the 20 hour coach journey!) That's fine, I have a few friends who post quite a lot already and I like Catholic memes:gthumb:

(Original post by Aula)
I don't think you've ever posted anything I've been offended by, but then I have quite a high tolerance for funny :cute:
If people don't want a chat, we could always have a group?
I will make a group now and post the link shortly
rac1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Wasn't sure what to call it, might change it to 'TSR Catholic Society' later

https://www.facebook.com/groups/879987925378330/
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by rac1)
Wasn't sure what to call it, might change it to 'TSR Catholic Society' later

https://www.facebook.com/groups/879987925378330/
The person who's put in a request to join with an Asian name is me

Also to all those who join this Facebook group, please don't refer to me by my full first name or first name-surname on here. I like to keep a degree of anonymity
Aula
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I can't remember whether I've posted this in here before or not, but I started a blog that you guys might be interested in :ninja:
Pandas&Penguins
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Aula)
I can't remember whether I've posted this in here before or not, but I started a blog that you guys might be interested in :ninja:
lovely blog, very well written. I particularly enjoyed your Valentine's day post
Aula
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pandas&Penguins)
lovely blog, very well written. I particularly enjoyed your Valentine's day post
Thank you

So this is something I've been thinking about on and off for a while, and haven't quite had the courage to before, but I've decided I'm going to start covering my head during Mass/in the presence of the Eucharist during Lent (and may have just ordered a pretty infinity veil from Etsy :ninjagirl:)

I'm not quite sure whether I'll keep it up afterwards, but that's what discernment is for :awesome:

Prayers would be appreciated
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Happy Feast Day of St Brigid of Ireland

(Original post by Aula)
Thank you

So this is something I've been thinking about on and off for a while, and haven't quite had the courage to before, but I've decided I'm going to start covering my head during Mass/in the presence of the Eucharist during Lent (and may have just ordered a pretty infinity veil from Etsy :ninjagirl:)

I'm not quite sure whether I'll keep it up afterwards, but that's what discernment is for :awesome:

Prayers would be appreciated
Praying for you. Sounds like a very spiritual thing to be doing during the Lenten season I hope this enriches your prayer life, which I'm sure is very rich already, but extra richness never hurts :hugs:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I was really annoyed with uni coz they've scheduled a full day event on World Day for the Sick (11th Feb - the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes), which is a day I usually make sure I attend church! Was at a loss as to how to get around needing to be in uni but wanting to attend a Catholic service.

I couldn't sleep last night and somehow plucked up the courage to message the RHUL Catholic chaplain and he sent me a lovely email inviting me to attend morning prayer Prayers that I can attend it would be gratefully received - it starts at 8.45am in the chapel. I'm not usually awake til much later in the day
viriol
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi guys! Went to my first ash Wednesday mass today :P (can't believe I'd never been to one!)

Until when do people usually keep the ashes?
wiseLAD
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I always go to the evening Mass so I just wash my face before I go to bed lol. I'd probably recommend washing it off if you're going out
Aula
Rep:
?
(Original post by viriol)
Hi guys! Went to my first ash Wednesday mass today :P (can't believe I'd never been to one!)

Entirely up to you. I tend to keep mine on from whenever I make it to Mass until I wash my face that evening.
Some people will wash it off soon or even straight after.

Be aware that you will get funny looks, and might even be asked why if you keep it on, but there's nothing wrong with that.

I'd also like to remind people that today is a day of fasting.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by viriol)

Usually until bed. I was at evening mass, a lot of singing. The post communion hymn sounded like something from Keane unfortunately. Mind you, their lead singer looks more clean cut than the average member of any congregation.
viriol
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well, wasn't much of an issue this year because I had to stay home marking most of the day (can't really do that productively at the office). Looking forward to the funny looks next year though :P
peony flowers
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I forgot I had my ashes, wondered why my forehead was itchy, scratched it and literally smeared it across my face.

#supposed to be an adult :eek:

I hope everyone's Lent journey is going well. I'm trying to get to Mass more often.
The Epicurean
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Talking about Ash Wednesday...my Nephew who just recently turned 3 went to Ash Wednesday service with my mum/his nan, and when he came back he was so excited to show me his forehead, although he had pretty much rubbed it all off by the time he got home
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by The Epicurean)
Talking about Ash Wednesday...my Nephew who just recently turned 3 went to Ash Wednesday service with my mum/his nan, and when he came back he was so excited to show me his forehead, although he had pretty much rubbed it all off by the time he got home
Awwww!

(Original post by peony flowers)
I forgot I had my ashes, wondered why my forehead was itchy, scratched it and literally smeared it across my face.
:teehee:
The Epicurean
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I just remembered something from my childhood. One thing I always remember when young was being fascinated by the stained glass windows in my Church :daydreaming:

barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This coming Friday is Lent Fast Day- please remember and donate to charity.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (697)
80.48%
Leave (169)
19.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed