Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by DeathGuardElite)
    I told you i'd return,
    Saint TLG the first? i wonder what your two miracles would be to get you the sainthood(or did the pope get rid of that requirement)
    He waived it for... I can't remember who he waived it for, but generally that rule still stands :yes: As for the miracles, who knows?!?! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    He waived it for... I can't remember who he waived it for, but generally that rule still stands :yes: As for the miracles, who knows?!?! :eek:
    I think it was Mother Theresa because i think it was mentioned on an episode of bull**** by Penn and Teller
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I think it was Mother Theresa because i think it was mentioned on an episode of bull**** by Penn and Teller
    Ah yes, I wasn't sure if it was for her or Pope JP II

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes, I wasn't sure if it was for her or Pope JP II
    oh the stuff you learn from stage magicians XD
    I think she only had one miracle? i might be wrong there i only know her two miracle requirement was waived.

ReputationRep:
    snip
    Perhaps you have not realised the thread in which you are posting. If you cannot be polite or respectful, then please leave.

If you wish to discuss the Catholic pov on contraception then take it to ask a Christian. This thread is supposed to be a place for Catholics to chat and not have to worry about having to explain themselves, and quite frankly you are making me feel quite uncomfortable to be in here.

I get enough of having to defend my faith and what my faith teaches in life in general without having to do it in here as well.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I agree with Aula, tbh. It might be better for all concerned if you stopped posting in here, since you don't seem to be willing to 'play ball' by keeping things friendly, polite, and respectful. This really is NOT the place to be declaring whatever views you may personally hold about the Catholic Church

(Also since you didn't know who Julie Andrews was, but that's a minor point )

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I am also catholic and would love to join the thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by PlayerBB)
    Hey guys, I am also catholic and would love to join the thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hiya! :hi: Glad you found us :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hiya! :hi: Glad you found us :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes indeed

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I know where i am posting i'm not blind.
    No i do not wish to discuss the Catholic POV on why its ok to spread AIDS and HIV i'm trying to remove the little veil people may have about me.
    you're sick of having to defend your faith? you do know my statement had next to **** all to do with your faith but an actual attack on the leadership of the catholic church unless you my dear are one of the priests who my statement applies to then you have nothing to defend.
    My religion was decimated by the Catholic Church i'm sick of having to defend myself from lies made by the Catholics in the early CE between the 5th - 12th centuries i think i have bigger grievences then you ever will.

Hey i was polite and friendly then decided it may be best to remove any form of misconception people have about me then you all may judge me properly from my actual stance.

well i didn't know her name but if like she had a reference to mary poppins or the sound of music or shrek 2 i would possibly have got it.
    No one has a 'veil' or 'misconception' about you on here. I think we're all quite clear on your stance without you having to post such things. This is not an appropriate place to air your grievances about the Catholic Church - THAT is the point Aula and I are making.

I think you're better off not posting in here anymore, in all honesty, since you seem to have problems identifying what is Soc-appropriate and what is not :erm:

ReputationRep:
    This thread has never had the freedom for outsiders to come in and start being rude about the Catholic Church, whether the faith or the structure. If you haven't noticed, the two are linked.

The rules on contraception are not things randomly introduced by men in the church, they are a result of our faith.

I'm just going to report you from now on, just so you know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My religion was decimated by the Catholic Church i'm sick of having to defend myself from lies made by the Catholics in the early CE between the 5th - 12th centuries i think i have bigger grievences then you ever will.
    This pretty much explains your animosity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    at one time it did for statements to be made aslong as they werent offensive. thing is if i was Catholic and i disagreed with the Catholic church you wouldn't have much of a leg to stand on would you?
    They are linked for you allow it to be so otherwise the faith and the practioner are one in the same which would royally ruin debates.

no actually if they weren't random choices by old men then it would have been there since the start which evidently when we had contraceptives. now this is a debate problem if we keep going rendering your threat moot.
    no matter what i post? also if you do take that as a literal thing reporting everything i post here from now on would end up with you getting into more trouble then me you know that right?
    also you do know its nice to qoute someone when you're talking to them or they won't know you've posted something to them.
    Look I've tried to be nice and diplomatic about you, I really have. PLEASE will you kindly leave the Soc. You are not adding anything nice to it. I am going to start reporting you too, since you clearly don't take the hint and are just ****-stirring for no good reason.

Aula and I disagree about things all the time but we know to keep our personal differences in beliefs and practices out of the Soc. Lord knows I have beef with the Church over various things. The point is that I'm a sensible enough person to keep my mouth shut, for the good of the thread. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen - simple :mad:

ReputationRep:
    :mmm: TLG is totally a terrible Catholic, but when you disagree you do it nicely

Aaanyway...

On a nicer note, I'm going to spend the all saints weekend with Catholics and Jesus.

On the other hand, this means I'm driving to Bournemouth from just north of London the day after our work Halloween party. This could be interesting.

Ooh, and I've started a novena to St Jude. On the note of the beginning of this post, TLG is one of my intentions :awesome:

(Seriously though, your health and wellbeing genuinely is, along with another good friend who has mental health issues)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Aula)
    :mmm: TLG is totally a terrible Catholic, but when you disagree you do it nicely

Aaanyway...

On a nicer note, I'm going to spend the all saints weekend with Catholics and Jesus.

On the other hand, this means I'm driving to Bournemouth from just north of London the day after our work Halloween party. This could be interesting.

Ooh, and I've started a novena to St Jude. On the note of the beginning of this post, TLG is one of my intentions :awesome:

(Seriously though, your health and wellbeing genuinely is, along with another good friend who has mental health issues)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    St Jude!!! :love: His feast day is around my bday so one year we went to the St Jude shrine in Faversham - anyone ever been? It's small but nice and peaceful and for the feast day they bring out a relic you can venerate!

Also, on the subject of shrines: my sisters and I have decided (due to the tiny size of our flat) to rent a place for Christmas outside of London, via air bnb. I'm really tempted to say we should get somewhere in Norfolk and then hope my sisters forget that Walsingham is nearby and then I'll be like LOOK, WE CAN GO TO MIDNIGHT MASS AT WALSINGHAM SHRINE, YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! I TOTES DIDN'T REALISE THIS WHEN WE BOOKED :teehee: :ninja:

Aula, thank you for including me in your novena :lovehug: Us Sri Lankans have a great devotion to St Jude (not sure why), so it means a lot and is much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    St Jude!!! :love: His feast day is around my bday so one year we went to the St Jude shrine in Faversham - anyone ever been? It's small but nice and peaceful and for the feast day they bring out a relic you can venerate!

Also, on the subject of shrines: my sisters and I have decided (due to the tiny size of our flat) to rent a place for Christmas outside of London, via air bnb. I'm really tempted to say we should get somewhere in Norfolk and then hope my sisters forget that Walsingham is nearby and then I'll be like LOOK, WE CAN GO TO MIDNIGHT MASS AT WALSINGHAM SHRINE, YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! I TOTES DIDN'T REALISE THIS WHEN WE BOOKED :teehee: :ninja:

Aula, thank you for including me in your novena :lovehug: Us Sri Lankans have a great devotion to St Jude (not sure why), so it means a lot and is much appreciated
    I have never been to faversham! I think this may have to be added to my 'shrines to visit' list.

And that means your birthday must be near :ninjagirl: :birthday: (is that second one a smiley? I don't remember anymore)

And do it :teeth:

Either that or go for Ampleforth and do the same thing. I imagine midnight Mass there must be pretty spectacular!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Aula)
    I have never been to faversham! I think this may have to be added to my 'shrines to visit' list.

And that means your birthday must be near :ninjagirl: :birthday: (is that second one a smiley? I don't remember anymore)

And do it :teeth:

Either that or go for Ampleforth and do the same thing. I imagine midnight Mass there must be pretty spectacular!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oooh, I've never been to Ampleforth and neither have they, so that may be a better plan :beard: :ahee:

:angel:

Tiz my bday on Friday

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, I've never been to Ampleforth and neither have they, so that may be a better plan :beard: :ahee:

:angel:

Tiz my bday on Friday
    Ampleforth is amazing!

Be warned though, it will be bloody cold!

I'm not sure I've realised before how close your birthday is to mine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Aula)
    Ampleforth is amazing!

Be warned though, it will be bloody cold!

I'm not sure I've realised before how close your birthday is to mine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think I realised last year but I have a poor memory for birthdays so probably forgot within five minutes or realising

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as there is a christian soc anda catholic soc does that mean christianity and catholicism are different? (Ive always assumed catholicism to be one of the denominations of christianity. Sorry for my ignorance)

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.