TSR Catholic Society Watch

icecreamgreek
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by isabella1999)
Hi! I just discovered this thread, after being athiest for as long as I can remember (although I was baptised catholic and did communion) I am getting back into my faith after a trip to the vatican and so it is nice to see this thread is not completely dead. How are you?
Hey me too! (Minus the vatican trip... though I so badly want to go!)

I have to say I feel very serene being catholic again. For example with Results Day, even though I'm a bit worried, I know I have God there no matter what. And what's the worst that can happen- I don't get into Uni. There is so much more to life than that anyway, like helping other etc.

Anyway ramble over, hope that made sense
isabella1999
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by icecreamgreek)
Hey me too! (Minus the vatican trip... though I so badly want to go!)

I have to say I feel very serene being catholic again. For example with Results Day, even though I'm a bit worried, I know I have God there no matter what. And what's the worst that can happen- I don't get into Uni. There is so much more to life than that anyway, like helping other etc.

Anyway ramble over, hope that made sense
That's such a good way to put it! You should go, it's beautiful! Yeah me too! A2 right? True! My grandmother took me to church a few days ago to pray about results day and I just thought that no matter what happens, it's all in the plan and if not, it just wasn't meant to be and we are meant to tread a different path 😊 we can take comfort in the fact though that whatever happens will work itself out and is all part of something bigger
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello everyone

I'm not sure if this society is dead... or just very infrequently used.

I'm a Catholic, and wanted to join!

It's hard to meet the young Catholics, so an online presence is greatly appreciated

God bless x
This thread was never about debating matters of faith, it being to remind people of saints days, events or celebrations, and from time to time people asking to be remembered in prayers. Sometimes asking questions about aspects of the Catholic faith.

A few of the regular contributors stopped posting, I think because some other people tried to hijack the thread to debate.

If this thread is revived for prayer requests, reminders of feast days and other Catholic matters, I would be happy to contribute from time to time.
icecreamgreek
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That's such a good way to put it! You should go, it's beautiful! Yeah me too! A2 right? True! My grandmother took me to church a few days ago to pray about results day and I just thought that no matter what happens, it's all in the plan and if not, it just wasn't meant to be and we are meant to tread a different path 😊 we can take comfort in the fact though that whatever happens will work itself out and is all part of something bigger
Yes A2

I did pray to St Joseph of Cupertino before (and during aha) every exam, so hopefully I have that in my favour

I'll pray for us both!
icecreamgreek
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
This thread was never about debating matters of faith, it being to remind people of saints days, events or celebrations, and from time to time people asking to be remembered in prayers. Sometimes asking questions about aspects of the Catholic faith.

A few of the regular contributors stopped posting, I think because some other people tried to hijack the thread to debate.

If this thread is revived for prayer requests, reminders of feast days and other Catholic matters, I would be happy to contribute from time to time.
Yes I think that debating the faith would get tiresome after a while tbh. I much prefer what you suggested, e.g. prayer requests, posting bible verses, stories of faith, Catholic advice etc...
DeathGuardElite
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes I think that debating the faith would get tiresome after a while tbh. I much prefer what you suggested, e.g. prayer requests, posting bible verses, stories of faith, Catholic advice etc...
Did you have a nice day yesterday considering it was the assumption of mary?
isabella1999
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes A2

I did pray to St Joseph of Cupertino before (and during aha) every exam, so hopefully I have that in my favour

I'll pray for us both!
Yeah hopefully! Thanks so much, and I you!
vanderwoodsen
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi all. I've been struggling quite a lot recently I went to Mass on holiday in Notre-Dame, and it was absolutely amazing. It reaffirmed my faith and reignited the passion I'd been missing for my faith, but I've not been the best Catholic. I feel really guilty. I know I need to go to confession.
icecreamgreek
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by vanderwoodsen)
Hi all. I've been struggling quite a lot recently I went to Mass on holiday in Notre-Dame, and it was absolutely amazing. It reaffirmed my faith and reignited the passion I'd been missing for my faith, but I've not been the best Catholic. I feel really guilty. I know I need to go to confession.
Guilt is good- it acknowledges that you recognise what you didn't wasn't right according to our faith.

I know what you mean about not being the best Catholic- I feel like I've sinned soon much. But, that is the purpose of confession.

God bless
icecreamgreek
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by DeathGuardElite)
Did you have a nice day yesterday considering it was the assumption of mary?
Being 100% honest I come from a non-practising household, so I'm still wrapping my head around obligations and the like.

It's hard when you have no immediate example to follow
vanderwoodsen
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Guilt is good- it acknowledges that you recognise what you didn't wasn't right according to our faith.

I know what you mean about not being the best Catholic- I feel like I've sinned soon much. But, that is the purpose of confession.

God bless
You're very right - I guess it'd be much worse if I had no guilt for what I've done. I just want to feel peace knowing I can get over it and that I can be forgiven. But it's hard to feel secure like that :/ Thank you <3
DeathGuardElite
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Being 100% honest I come from a non-practising household, so I'm still wrapping my head around obligations and the like.

It's hard when you have no immediate example to follow
Well i come from a household of one, but i find it very easy to learn.(family aint Catholic at all either)
icecreamgreek
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by DeathGuardElite)
Well i come from a household of one, but i find it very easy to learn.(family aint Catholic at all either)
Have you got any internet resources that you find particularly useful?
DeathGuardElite
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have you got any internet resources that you find particularly useful?
Sadly no, a lot of the stuff i know i learnt online over 7 years ago and a few other things i use is just stuff i picked up through just reading random stuff so i cant really get sources for it all.
I mainly ask questions to practicing catholics now and i will be doing the RCIA come the end of september.
icecreamgreek
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah hopefully! Thanks so much, and I you!
Hey, I hope everything went well for you on results day!

For me it did, and I'm very grateful for that

Ad majorem dei gloriam!
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Cardinal Cormac Murphy O'Connor is seriously ill- please remember him in your prayers.
isabella1999
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, I hope everything went well for you on results day!

For me it did, and I'm very grateful for that

Ad majorem dei gloriam!
Hey! Yeah it did for me too! Very grateful, well done!
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Cardinal Cormac Murphy O'Connor has died. May he rest in peace.
Aula
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
http://catholicnews.org.uk/epiphany-ascension-010917

Hooray! Epiphany and Ascension are moving back to their proper days in England and Wales.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Aula)
http://catholicnews.org.uk/epiphany-ascension-010917

Hooray! Epiphany and Ascension are moving back to their proper days in England and Wales.
I agree. Must tell my mum who will be pleased.

Cardinal Nicholls is consecrating our re-bulit church this morning.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (66)
20%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (133)
40.3%
Nope, not that interesting (131)
39.7%

Watched Threads