TSR Catholic Society Watch

minimo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:hugs: :lovie: Hope you feel better My prayers are never answered, though Deej - so you're better off with a hug
yawn
Badges: 13
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by deej)
I could really do with some prayers right now, I'm very depressed right now, I feel awful, I just want to go to bed, curl up and never wake up.

It's not nice
I shall set up a 'novena' of prayers for you, deej.

I hope you are getting professional help with your medical condition. With proper medication, sympathetic counselling and lots of love from your family you should start to feel a little better every day.

Don't put yourself under additional pressure - make sure your teachers know what is going on and talk to friends about it. You will find that you are not alone with your problems and people will want to help.

God bless you and don't forget to tell Jesus that you place your trust in Him.
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yawn :wavey:
yawn
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by justfarhan)
yawn :wavey:
Hi, justfarhan - good to see you visiting us. :hello:

Can you please remember one of our brother's in your prayers? Thank you.
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by yawn)
Hi, justfarhan - good to see you visiting us. :hello:

Can you please remember one of our brother's in your prayers? Thank you.
This is actually one of the societies are read through because it's friendly

Of course, we are all brothers and sisters.
biscuitking
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
Hi there

Haven't posted for a while, sorry!!

How's everyone doing?
tari :)
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey guys. :wavey:
I've never posted in this thread before... but I was just wondering how did you all come to being Catholics? Were you nurtured or did you explore other religions/Christian denominations and finally concluded Catholicism held more truth?.
Daragh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Nevatary)
I've never posted in this thread before... but I was just wondering how did you all come to being Catholics? Were you nurtured or did you explore other religions/Christian denominations and finally concluded Catholicism held more truth?.
I was born into an atheist family, my nan would take me to the local Catholic church, but I was educated at CofE level until I was Baptised through my own choice in year 4.

I then went to the Catholic High School and Catholic college.
yawn
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Nevatary)
Hi, Nevatary,

Welcome to our thread.

Are you a Catholic?

I was baptised in the Catholic Church as a baby and went to Catholic Primary and Secondary schools - although I had friends who were Anglicans and Salvationists (of the Army kind!) and used to attend their church services and Sunday school. I really loved playing the tambourine at the Salvation Army citadel and reading from the Bible. I love the fact that Christians are basically all of the same belief that Christ is the Son of God and died to save us from our sins. I suppose I'm well into Ecumenism although there are still one or two things that divide us as brothers and sisters in Christ.

In my early teens I went through a period of doubt and examined all my beliefs and my Church very deeply. I tossed aside some of the teachings of the Holy See because they conflicted with my earthly desires. Well, I am only human after all.

It was quite a troubled period for me. I lost faith and as a result, lost hope too. Hope that I would be saved, hope that I could look forward to an eternity of deep and unimaginable happiness with God in Heaven.

After suffering a severe illness, I regained my faith. When I was in the throes of that illness, I had pleaded with God to give me a sign that He was with me. I immediately felt an overwhelming sense of serenity and a great love towards me.

I was lost, but now I'm found.
Daragh
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by yawn)
I was lost, but now I'm found.
Amazing Grace...
yawn
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by deej)
Amazing Grace...
Absolutely - and because of my experience, that song has a particular poignancy for me.

Thank you so much for enabling it on this post. I now have it downloaded and saved it to my media player!

God bless.
Ossie1701
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by deej)
Amazing Grace...
Very nice - thankyou.
Napoleon
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I suppose I'm well into Ecumenism although there are still one or two things that divide us as brothers and sisters in Christ.
There remain many major issues which divide Catholics and Protestants to this day, our relationship with the Orthodox Church I would agree has only a few small issues why we are divided.
Daragh
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by yawn)
Absolutely - and because of my experience, that song has a particular poignancy for me.

Thank you so much for enabling it on this post. I now have it downloaded and saved it to my media player!

God bless.
I am to please

God Bless
Daragh
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
We've been renamed officially now thanks to the angel that is PQ
Daragh
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Thought I'd bump with some stuff about Fatima.

According to www.fatima.org the Vatican has covered up the third secret, and the secret which was revealed is not what the Blessed Virgin Mary said to the little shepherds.

I found the official release which they refer to and found this
http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/jo...fatima_en.html
That text contains a prophetic vision similar to those found in Sacred Scripture, which do not describe with photographic clarity the details of future events, but rather synthesize and condense against a unified background events spread out over time in a succession and a duration which are not specified. As a result, the text must be interpreted in a symbolic key.

The vision of Fatima concerns above all the war waged by atheist systems against the Church and Christians, and it describes the immense suffering endured by the witnesses to the faith in the last century of the second millennium. It is an interminable Way of the Cross led by the Popes of the twentieth century.

According to the interpretation of the "little shepherds", which was also recently confirmed by Sister Lucia, the "Bishop clothed in white" who prays for all the faithful is the Pope. As he makes his way with great effort towards the Cross amid the corpses of those who were martyred (Bishops, priests, men and women religious and many lay persons), he too falls to the ground, apparently dead, under a burst of gunfire.

After the assassination attempt of 13 May 1981, it appeared evident to His Holiness that it was "a motherly hand which guided the bullet’s path", enabling the "dying Pope" to halt "at the threshold of death" (Pope John Paul II. Meditation with the Italian Bishops from the Policlinico Gemelli, Insegnamenti, vol XVII/1, 1994, p. 1061). On the occasion of a visit to Rome by the then Bishop of Leiria-Fatima, the Pope decided to give him the bullet which had remained in the jeep after the assassination attempt, so that it might be kept in the Shrine. At the behest of the Bishop, the bullet was later set in the crown of the statue of Our Lady of Fatima.

The successive events of 1989 led, both in the Soviet Union and in a number of countries of Eastern Europe, to the fall of the Communist regime which promoted atheism. For this too His Holiness offers heartfelt thanks to the Most Holy Virgin. In other parts of the world, however, attacks against the Church and against Christians, together with the burden of suffering which they involve, tragically continue. Even if the events to which the third part of the Secret of Fatima refers now seem part of the past, Our Lady’s call to conversion and penance, issued at the beginning of the twentieth century, remains timely and urgent today. "The Lady of the message seems to read the signs of the times - the signs of our time - with special insight... The insistent invitation of Mary Most Holy to penance is nothing but the manifestation of her maternal concern for the fate of the human family, in need of conversion and forgiveness"
What do people think? The official release is of an angel coming down from heaven with a flaming sword, holy men and women being slaughtered by soldiers, their blood being used to consecrate the faithful and then making their way to the cross.

What do other people think?
yawn
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by deej)
Thought I'd bump with some stuff about Fatima.

According to www.fatima.org the Vatican has covered up the third secret, and the secret which was revealed is not what the Blessed Virgin Mary said to the little shepherds.

I found the official release which they refer to and found this

What do people think? The official release is of an angel coming down from heaven with a flaming sword, holy men and women being slaughtered by soldiers, their blood being used to consecrate the faithful and then making their way to the cross.

What do other people think?
There is too much supposition over events that will unfold in time.

(Hope you're feeling better, deej )
Daragh
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by yawn)
There is too much supposition over events that will unfold in time.

(Hope you're feeling better, deej )
Yeah, I suppose there is, it's just we watched half of "Fatima; Past or Future" when our philosophy teacher stopped it because the DVD was getting too Catholic...
I know the first and second secret have already been fulfilled, just the third to go I suppose :s:

(Yeah, thanks. I've started to do meditation twice a day, and try to pray the rosary at least once a week now It's working rather well)
yawn
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by deej)

(Yeah, thanks. I've started to do meditation twice a day, and try to pray the rosary at least once a week now It's working rather well)
I'm really pleased that you are feeling better.
Spud
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey guys, my first post on here - can I join?

Pleeeeeeease?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (860)
80.37%
Leave (210)
19.63%

Watched Threads