The Student Room Group

TSR Catholic Society

Scroll to see replies

Well the after party was in the Page centre which is a separate building next door. But yes, Christ is risen Indeed! Alleluia!
Oooh, you're the philosophy type! I often find Philosophy people scary, or too deep thinking/good at arguing for me :p:
Reply 882
Philosoraptor
Oooh, you're the philosophy type! I often find Philosophy people scary, or too deep thinking/good at arguing for me :p:

Heh, yes, I am, I often give people headaches when it comes to philosophy :redface:
Reply 883
Philosoraptor
Wow! I went to the Easter Vigil mass (has the new people that were confirmed today). It was awesome! Singing, music, the recitals sung, the incense (!!). The Paschal candle, the lighting of the candles in the dark and its great atmospheric effect. I can honestly say that was the best church service I've ever been to!

Yeah, I went to the Cathedral at home for the Vigil mass (first Vigil mass for me!) and it was really good. Great singing and atmosphere - loved it!
I was a bit miffed today. My second cousin got baptised in a CofE church. However the Mass as they called it, was the highest thing ever! They even said the Hail Mary, the incense and had a confession box type thing there too. Was that a High Anglican church or something?
Reply 885
Philosoraptor
I was a bit miffed today. My second cousin got baptised in a CofE church. However the Mass as they called it, was the highest thing ever! They even said the Hail Mary, the incense and had a confession box type thing there too. Was that a High Anglican church or something?

Certainly sounds like it, yes.

According to my GCSE RE teacher it's very difficult to tell the difference between a High Anglican Church and a Catholic church, although I've never been to one myself, so I wouldn't know.
I said I was a bit miffed? What the heck, I don't say that!
Reply 887
Philosoraptor
I said I was a bit miffed? What the heck, I don't say that!

Yep, that you did :p:

It's all that chocolate and incense, it's getting to you.
Hehe yeah! I have eaten chocolato mucho today.
Was at the massive ecumenical conference in Stuttgart called "Together for Europe" , had an awesome weekend sightseeing, eating out and having coffees too. ^^. Loved the part in the middle where people were dancing and making a conga line!
Was really nice to see so many christians together ranging from evangelical pastors to a cardinal to a greek orthodox minister. One point that rang true, and is so important:
"We have more that unites us than divides us".
Reply 890
Tony Blair wants to join.
Reply 891
Just been reading through this and found it interesting.
http://www.catholic.org/international/international_story.php?id=24206
A Q (sorry if this is being judgmental or anything), but I heard that Catholics believe wearing tampons is just as bad as losing your virginity..a myth or a truth?
Is just as bad? Where did we say that was bad? It's all under circumstances. :smile:
I also heard that Catholics fly about on broomsticks (at the stroke of midnight) - anyone care to comment on that?
And special powers!

On a serious note, I think that's highly likely to be an untruth.
Reply 896
city_chic
A Q (sorry if this is being judgmental or anything), but I heard that Catholics believe wearing tampons is just as bad as losing your virginity..a myth or a truth?

Who on earth told you that? :s-smilie:
Reply 897
Roffles, no you can use tampons :p:
Reply 898
I went to my little sisters First Holy Communion the other day, and the priest had us sing this.

"Glory to God, to God in the height
bringing peace to every nation.
Lord God Almighty, Father and King
and the author of salvation.
'Glory!' let the people sing,
let the whole creation ring,
telling out redemption's story:
as we worship your name
with thankful songs of praise
for the love that is your glory."

That's just the first verse, sung to "An English country garden". Anyone else think it's an awful hymn?
Reply 899
deej
Who on earth told you that? :s-smilie:

Some of the misconceptions about the Catholic Church defy belief ...

(Excuse the pun :redface: )

Ossie1701
I also heard that Catholics fly about on broomsticks (at the stroke of midnight) - anyone care to comment on that?

This, however, is not one of them :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending