The Student Room Group

King's College London Postgraduate Applications 2012/13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Akkuz
But a 2:1 is 60%-69.9%? So that means you need 60% or above!? :tongue:

Yeah, but I have never heard of an offer which is 'conditional on a high 2:1 (65+)' in the official letter that you get sent! I may well be wrong, though. I think they can judge if you'll get above the 65% by the transcripts, and just assume you will!
Reply 21
Original post by teludaa
Yeah, but I have never heard of an offer which is 'conditional on a high 2:1 (65+)' in the official letter that you get sent! I may well be wrong, though. I think they can judge if you'll get above the 65% by the transcripts, and just assume you will!

You got an offer really quick! I applied about 3 weeks ago, but I know different departments may take longer.

I would ask them personally. If they said 2:1 then I'd personally take that as 60% or above. I have heard of people getting very specific offers such as "67% minimum".
Reply 22
Original post by teludaa

You got an offer? congratulation !!
from which dept? what course?
Sent off my application this morning for MSc+PhD studentship in the Institute of Psychiatry, hoping to do a project on eating disorders :smile:
Reply 24
Has anybody got a reply from KCL yet - for business/management related courses?
Reply 25
I've found KCL's application process to be the easiest and most convenient. My only two complaints is they dont ask for CVs and they dont give you the option of providing more than 2 references. Other than that, it's fantastic, I wish other schools followed KCL's model.
Reply 26
Has anybody applied for MSc Accounting, Accountability and Financial Management?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by zziippoo
Has anybody applied for MSc Accounting, Accountability and Financial Management?

I am in the process of applying for that. Can I ask you what is your current average and predicted grade?
Reply 28
Original post by tupac1111
I am in the process of applying for that. Can I ask you what is your current average and predicted grade?

my current average is first (above 70%) and my predicted grade is above 2.1.
Yours?

Where are you studying and what?
Reply 29
my current average is first (above 70%) and my predicted grade is above 2.1.
Yours?

Where are you studying and what?

I am averaging around 67% but my predicted grade is above 70%. I am studying at staffordshire university (Accounting and Finance) and yourself?
Reply 30
I am averaging around 67% but my predicted grade is above 70%. I am studying at staffordshire university (Accounting and Finance) and yourself?

Cass Business School. I am studying Management.
Reply 31
Cass Business School. I am studying Management.

Goodluck, I hope you get accepted.
Reply 32
Goodluck, I hope you get accepted.

you too..!! have you applied to any other courses or uni??
Reply 33
you too..!! have you applied to any other courses or uni??

I will be applying to Lancaster too (Money, Banking & Finance). I actually had a chat with my lecturer today and she believes that my best option would be to the CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) qualification instead of applying for my masters so I need to fully evaluate my options right now.
Reply 34
I will be applying to Lancaster too (Money, Banking & Finance). I actually had a chat with my lecturer today and she believes that my best option would be to the CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) qualification instead of applying for my masters so I need to fully evaluate my options right now.

yeah i was thinking also for that too.. but could you please tell me if we can study cfa without working at the same time??
Reply 35
yeah i was thinking also for that too.. but could you please tell me if we can study cfa without working at the same time??

Yes we can. I've been doing some research and the CFA qualification is essential if you want to get a job in the investment management sector e.g. fund managers, controllers etc. However the CFA is 2-4 years. If you pass all the exams first time, its a minimum of 2 years but apparently the average student fails at least one exam. I've seen some question on the level 1 and 2 papers and it seems OK.
Reply 36
received a conditional offer that i maintain a 3.5 GPA until graduation... :smile:) Will be going into the department of war studies, a Msc in intelligence and international security :smile:
Reply 37
Congrats ^^

I applied over 4 weeks ago now. I'd expect to get a reply in the next week or two, I hope.

Edit - According to previous posts on this form, the management school seem to be notoriously slow. :K:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 38
Sending off my application for American Studies in the next couple of days (I know, I'm slow!)

Exciting times...
I didn't get the studentship I applied for :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending