The Student Room Group

King's College London Postgraduate Applications 2012/13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Will any SSPP offer holders be attending the open evening on 23rd? Think I may try and meet with some of the war studies staff before making a final decision!
Reply 441
I got an offer!!! for MRes Molecular Biophysics! hurray!
Reply 442
Original post by superawesomepanda
Got accepted for MSc Robotics and MSc Intelligent Systems after waiting for one week :biggrin: Waiting for Imperial's decision before I respond though.

Hey congo !

I have also got my admit for MSc Robotics at KCL 2012-13.
please join this group on facebook -KCL Freshers Robotics 2012: https://www.facebook.com/groups/376102492440838/

Regards
Rushabh Doshi
India
Reply 443
Hey !!
Anyone for MSc Robotics (2012-13) at KCL please join this group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/376102492440838/
Reply 444
Just got my AHRC rejection email :frown:
Reply 445
Has anyone heard outcomes of Postgrad (Research) funding applications?
Reply 446
Hey

how long have you all waited for an answer? I'm waiting already over 2 months. My friend got accepted after only 10 days and I had to hand in several documents. They actually promised me I would get an answer on thursday last week but I didn't and now they are checking my application again!!

I'm a bit pissed to say the least because they made go fetch all those additional documents from my university,they even lost some of them, so I had to get new statements and also asked me about my English language level which I thought sounded like I would get an offer and they're checking whether they need to include an English test as a condition. Anyone else experienced that many difficulties?
Reply 447
Any international students received their immigration info/CAS no.?
Also did you know about the change to the visa rules that came into affect in April? I applied to the UK because one of the selling points on the KCL website was the ability to stay in the country and work for 2 years, but now its been cut to 2-4 months!! What!! How am I supposed to secure a job in my field by then? (My field is Forensic Science/analytical science which is a very small niche in New Zealand thats why i'm coming to the UK) I wouldn't have noticed hadn't I decided to refresh my memory on what documents I needed. I'm quite unhappy at KCL for not mentioning this before...super bumbed.....:frown:
Reply 448
Original post by NZNush
Any international students received their immigration info/CAS no.?
Also did you know about the change to the visa rules that came into affect in April? I applied to the UK because one of the selling points on the KCL website was the ability to stay in the country and work for 2 years, but now its been cut to 2-4 months!! What!! How am I supposed to secure a job in my field by then? (My field is Forensic Science/analytical science which is a very small niche in New Zealand thats why i'm coming to the UK) I wouldn't have noticed hadn't I decided to refresh my memory on what documents I needed. I'm quite unhappy at KCL for not mentioning this before...super bumbed.....:frown:

It's pretty rotten, isn't it? :frown: My fiance is having to delay handing in his doctoral thesis until we're married - a year away - because otherwise he'll have to leave the country.

Are you a doctoral student? If you're lucky you might be able to apply for postdoctoral jobs in the year before you hand in, so you'd be covered for a visa for the year after. And many postdoctoral positions consider international applicants (one of the places my fiance applied to flew in someone from the US to interview them!). It's not ideal -- but the visa rules don't mean you'll never be able to work in the UK. :smile:
Reply 449
Hey , anyone for MSc Robotics (2012-13) at KCL join this group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/376102492440838/
Reply 450
Hey , anyone for MSc Robotics (2012-13) at KCL join this group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/376102492440838/
Reply 451
Original post by HoVis
It's pretty rotten, isn't it? :frown: My fiance is having to delay handing in his doctoral thesis until we're married - a year away - because otherwise he'll have to leave the country.

Are you a doctoral student? If you're lucky you might be able to apply for postdoctoral jobs in the year before you hand in, so you'd be covered for a visa for the year after. And many postdoctoral positions consider international applicants (one of the places my fiance applied to flew in someone from the US to interview them!). It's not ideal -- but the visa rules don't mean you'll never be able to work in the UK. :smile:

I'm not a doctoral student unfortunately, only masters...Sigh...will have to start looking for jobs asap.
Reply 452
Original post by Tikiku
Hi Everyone! So is anybody on here also going for an MA in Terrorism, Security and Society? Got my offer back in January (deferred from last year, sadly couldn't attend due to lack of funding) :smile:

Hi!

I got in too, I have eight days to accept my offer - but I'm still not sure if I'll accept it - I got into Legal and Political theory in UCl also. The decision is killing me.

Do you have any extra info on the King's Terror course? Talk to anyone who did it? Or even someone in another institution who's heard of it?

I'm just trying to make an informed decision..
Reply 453
Hi,
I applied for a specific PhD project about a month ago and I still haven’t heard back. Do you think its worth phoning them or sending an email? I don’t want to come across too pushy, but the wait is killing me!
Original post by gazwb
Hi,
I applied for a specific PhD project about a month ago and I still haven’t heard back. Do you think its worth phoning them or sending an email? I don’t want to come across too pushy, but the wait is killing me!

Hearing back for PhD applications can take a while. I am waiting for a UCL PhD and its already been 5 weeks. They said it would take about 6 weeks to hear back.

You should try and hang in there a little while longer (I know how difficult it is - I hate waiting as well)...these decisions take time. If you feel you can't wait any more then call or email them.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 455
Has any one applied for biopharmaceuticals?

I just got my unconditional offer today!
Reply 456
Someone told me the other day that not relying on any funding (that is, I can pay for it myself) will enhance my odds of getting in to a post-graduate program. Any truth to that?

Secondly, I have my interview next week for MA History. Both very excited and quite nervous, any pointers from anyone with experience? I've started re-reading my old work, some new books, and thinking about potential questions -I'd love for it go well.
Reply 457
Original post by lkhc123
Has any one applied for biopharmaceuticals?

I just got my unconditional offer today!

Hey, I have a conditional offer... just waiting on a couple of grades from my uni here.
Reply 458
Hiya!

Anyone has applied for an MA in Geopolitics, Territory and Security ?

I just got an conditional offer from KCL, and was wondering if anyone had recommendations/advices ?
I also received an unconditional offer for MSc in International Politics at the SOAS.. so I am a bit lost right now in which decision I should make..

Thanks a lot,

Take good care! :smile:
Reply 459
Hey!

I recieved a conditional offer,

should be finishing my uni work here asap and sending my transcript over to Kings.

Do u know where u will be staying? Im looking for an affordable place..

Jeeta

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending