The Student Room Group

my confession

recently my mum had done some white washing and i took it out to do my colours. I saw that i had trapped a sock in the door but was too darn lazy to open the door again and stick the sock back in. I turned on the machine and went to my room to dream of a robot which could be programmed to do all my household chores for me whilst doing the cha cha slide (the robot, not me). After i re-egermed from the fantasy world i had created to combat the drugery of everyday living, I went downstairs to see if it was time to switch to a spin cycle. To my horror, i had managed to flood the entire downstairs part of my house, including the new carpet that had only been laid a month ago.
I had to think fast. I discovered the deluge at 13 hundred hours. My parents had left for ikea at 11:24. After allowing for 1 hours travelling time and and 36 minutes of my mum and dad rowing as to whether an oriental shag-pile or bearskin rug would best complement the new carpet i calculated their estimated time of arrival as being... ANY MINUITE NOW. I ran to the machine, still pissing suds onto the utility room floor. I drained it, opened the door, removed the offending sock with the rest of my load. I grabbed mum's white washing and shoved it back in, remembering to place a white sock in the door. I grabbed my coat and keys, pulled my trainers on and ran like the clappers out the door.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
eleenia
recently my mum had done some white washing and i took it out to do my colours. I saw that i had trapped a sock in the door but was too darn lazy to open the door again and stick the sock back in. I turned on the machine and went to my room to dream of a robot which could be programmed to do all my household chores for me whilst doing the cha cha slide (the robot, not me). After i re-egermed from the fantasy world i had created to combat the drugery of everyday living, I went downstairs to see if it was time to switch to a spin cycle. To my horror, i had managed to flood the entire downstairs part of my house, including the new carpet that had only been laid a month ago.
I had to think fast. I discovered the deluge at 13 hundred hours. My parents had left for ikea at 11:24. After allowing for 1 hours travelling time and and 36 minutes of my mum and dad rowing as to whether an oriental shag-pile or bearskin rug would best complement the new carpet i calculated their estimated time of arrival as being... ANY MINUITE NOW. I ran to the machine, still pissing suds onto the utility room floor. I drained it, opened the door, removed the offending sock with the rest of my load. I grabbed mum's white washing and shoved it back in, remembering to place a white sock in the door. I grabbed my coat and keys, pulled my trainers on and ran like the clappers out the door.

What happened?
Reply 2
*Riz*
What happened?

when i went back my mum and dad were having an amightly barney. Dad was calling mum 'a stupid carpet-wrecking cow' saying he wished there was some kind of robot he could get to replace her. Mum was calling him a 'shag-pile loving sh**e" or words to that effect. I tried to calm the air by doing the cha cha slide but slipped over on a puddle and fell on the dog.
Reply 3
You lying, dishonest coward. How could you let your mother take the blame? That's sick.
Reply 4
eleenia
when i went back my mum and dad were having an amightly barney. Dad was calling mum 'a stupid carpet-wrecking cow' saying he wished there was some kind of robot he could get to replace her. Mum was calling him a 'shag-pile loving sh**e" or words to that effect. I tried to calm the air by doing the cha cha slide but slipped over on a puddle and fell on the dog.

good buzz.
Reply 5
Tek
You lying, dishonest coward. How could you let your mother take the blame? That's sick.

Tek, promise me you'll never become a diplomat.

It was a bit wrong to get your mum into trouble though..! Have you sorted it out? An abject apology might work, though they might be unamused at first...
Reply 6
MadNatSci

At least I'm honest.
Reply 7
Tek
At least I'm honest.

she made the best decision avalible.
Reply 8
corey
she made the best decision avalible.

It isn't right to lie - her mother is the one who will suffer now. And that's simply unfair. And it all stemed from eleenia's dishonesty.
Reply 9
MadNatSci

It was a bit wrong to get your mum into trouble though..! Have you sorted it out? An abject apology might work, though they might be unamused at first...

No, it was a blessing in disguise. The carpet came up and they decided that immitation oak floor panels would far better suit their interior aspirations. The rug arguments came to a cease and their getting their wedding vows renewed in june.
Reply 10
Tek
It isn't right to lie - her mother is the one who will suffer now. And that's simply unfair. And it all stemed from eleenia's dishonesty.

Not really. Mother will be fine as Father will want some action so won't hold a grudge. It can all be claimed back on the insurance, and the daughter is fine.

The best outcome.
Reply 11
eleenia
No, it was a blessing in disguise. The carpet came up and they decided that immitation oak floor panels would far better suit their interior aspirations. The rug arguments came to a cease and their getting their wedding vowels renewed in june.

Consider yourself lucky.
Consider yourself lucky.

Fortune favours the brave.
Reply 13
eleenia
No, it was a blessing in disguise. The carpet came up and they decided that immitation oak floor panels would far better suit their interior aspirations. The rug arguments came to a cease and their getting their wedding vowels renewed in june.

All's well then.

I suspect the slide component of the cha cha slide is easier to execute on oak floor panels.
bono

Brave?
eleenia

AH, well that's a fairly happy ending.

I'm still appalled that you ran for it like that.
Reply 16
thefish_uk
AH, well that's a fairly happy ending.

I'm still appalled that you ran for it like that.

oooh ... did i forget to say the dog's still in traction?
Reply 17
bono

It was hardly a "brave" thing to do.
Reply 18
oanjum
where did you put your wet clothes? did nobody see them?

in the airing cupboard of course
Reply 19
eleenia

this story is funny

Latest

Trending

Trending