Never Get Invited To Parties Or Socials :(

Watch
exam2k10
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi,

I am currently studying my A-Levels and I feel that I need some time to party and socialize. However, the thing is I never get invited to any . Even if a cousin or a 'mate' organizes one, I am usually the last to know and what really annoys me is when my close 'mates' tell me that 'anyone can go to this social'. Well clearly if anyone can go to the social why was I not invited by the organizer.
Personally, I don't really care, however, I do believe that I should party ever once in a while. Imagine how uni would be like if? Am I not invited because I am a hated guy? I have not done anything wrong to anyone, and in a sense I feel guilty for being excluded. I don't want the same thing to happen in uni.

Someone, please give me some good advice. I strongly need it.

Thanks
lustina
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Cant really tell why without knowing more about you. But my guess is you are quiet/shy?
Most people tend to overlook quiet people and many extroverted people actively seek outings so they always know about them and/ or invite themselves.
StylaBoy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
@lustina: You're damn right
I'm a quite and shy person myself and for the right reason. When I used to go to school where I come from, I was some sorta party king and the only thing I remember wasn't fun but trouble.

At the moment, I got to focus on my studies, so I keep my voice down

Maybe You should speak up, or just change your lifestyle in the sense of being more talkative etc.
Tateco
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by exam2k10)
Hi,

I am currently studying my A-Levels and I feel that I need some time to party and socialize. However, the thing is I never get invited to any . Even if a cousin or a 'mate' organizes one, I am usually the last to know and what really annoys me is when my close 'mates' tell me that 'anyone can go to this social'. Well clearly if anyone can go to the social why was I not invited by the organizer.
Personally, I don't really care, however, I do believe that I should party ever once in a while. Imagine how uni would be like if? Am I not invited because I am a hated guy? I have not done anything wrong to anyone, and in a sense I feel guilty for being excluded. I don't want the same thing to happen in uni.

Thanks
:rofl:
hoodboilu4
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Don't think that you should do things and go out because that what other people are doing, most of them are just pretending to have fun anyways.
k9markiii
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hi,

Thanks
I didn't go to any student organised parties at school and have been left out very few time at university. It's a lot easier to keep track of more official socials at uni, particularly ones that are organised by the uni or societies you are in. You can also go with your flat mates if they know where there is a party. It is easier to keep abreast of events if you have Facebook.

At school, people only invite the people they regularly invite so you will often be initially forgotten this isn't meant to say you aren't welcome.
Tateco
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by hoodboilu4)
Don't think that you should do things and go out because that what other people are doing, most of them are just pretending to have fun anyways.
This this this.
Раскольников
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
and what really annoys me is when my close 'mates' tell me that 'anyone can go to this social'. Well clearly if anyone can go to the social why was I not invited by the organizer.

Often enough if anyone can go then most of them won't be actually individually invited. Just turn up to some with friends or something and you will probably get invited to more after that anyway.
Раскольников
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Imagine how uni would be like if?
Join a/some society/ies.
Hopple
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Gatecrash an hour or so into the party when the host will be too drunk to think straight.
Ham22
Report 9 years ago
get a boob job.
Раскольников
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
'Am I not invited because I am a hated guy?'

(Original post by Ham22)
get a boob job.
lol I dunno if getting a boob job would help him
username858757
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hi,

Thanks
Uni will be fine: lots of people looking for friends (not what people are typically doing in 6th from), and a greater variety in people.

I've never talked to anyone from my old school and I don't care.
Ham22
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Раскольников)
'Am I not invited because I am a hated guy?'

lol I dunno if getting a boob job would help him
I was aware the OP is male.
exam2k10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Ham22)
I was aware the OP is male.
Yes, Im male
Wiggledinho
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I mean you could go to the parties they have on the student room hahahaha
PeepingTomahawk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Same man but what I like to do is **** off and smoke some dope and write comedy about how unfair life is
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (77)
29.84%
No (181)
70.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed