Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
    Yes.
    54.22%
    No (^o))
    45.78%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arachnophobia)
    Honestly, if England are going to have a shot at winning tonights game, they need a drastic change of formation. 3-5-2

They should play:

Cole - Terry - Ferdinand
    Hargreaves
    Lennon - Lampard - Cole - Beckham
    Rooney Gerrard

Hargreaves will play holding midfield, allowing lampard and gerrard to get forward, lennon will make those blistering runs forward, beckham will provide the balls, and cole terry and ferdinand will remain rock solid at the back provided england can keep possesion with their 5 man midfield - (should be able to).
    :eek: Than god you're not England manager! Ashley Cole as a centre back, Beckham on the left wing...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    France did that, it didn't get them very far.
    i don't feel france have the same quality and quality in depth that England have. Where did France train prior to the start of this world cup? You're in past tense, you mean euro 2004 or world cup 2002??

ReputationRep:
    Come On Engerland

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    Yes, up a huge mountain.
    What does it matter where they were? Whether they were up Everest or 20,000 leagues under the sea, the fact still remains that they managed to get a victory over the country almost unanimously considered the best in the world at the sport.

ReputationRep:
    come On Ecuador

ReputationRep:
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    Here we go, England that is...What do people think of Sven's lineup for the Ecuador match?

Good luck guys!

ReputationRep:
    so?,..what would this be?

ReputationRep:
    1 cry
    2 break something
    3 moan about sven
    4...it's not going to happen don't worry!

ReputationRep:
    Ermm.. Feel upset. Then watch the Portugal v Holland game. And agonisingly wait for the Premiership season to start so I could watch Liverpool play.

Oh and, feel upset a little more. And curse Sven :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Feel terrible and end up failing my chemistry exam tomorrow
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    scream at my telly and tell it what a load of **** england are

ReputationRep:
    be reading the morning papers with a huge, long sigh, and thinking how much of a failure Eriksson has been, because if we were do lose today, he would be perceived as a huge failure IMO, and rightly so. I definitely won't cry as i know we won't win the thing as a whole, so whether or not we progress past Ecuador, there are at least 3 teams who are better than us. I'll be a bit down but not hugely disappointed as i believe there is a reasonable chance we will lose today...

ReputationRep:
    Have a good night sleep because i wont have to listen to the local drunks at the pub sing im h-a-p-p-y until like 4 in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    England (probable): Robinson; Hargreaves, Ferdinand, Terry, A Cole; Beckham, Gerrard, Carrick, Lampard, J Cole; Rooney.

ReputationRep:
    Is it true that drunk men would beat up their wives if such a horrible thing (i.e. if england loses) were to happen

ReputationRep:
    So I'm bloody hoping it's like this;

Robinson

Hargreaves Ferdinand Terry A. Cole

Beckham Carrick Lampard J. Cole

Gerrard

Rooney

It better not be vice versa with Gerrard and Lampard if it is this 4-4-1-1 system :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxJaninexX)
    Have a good night sleep because i wont have to listen to the local drunks at the pub sing im h-a-p-p-y until like 4 in the morning.
    me too.. i mean its only ecudour!..not brazil, or spain or argentina.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    What does it matter where they were? Whether they were up Everest or 20,000 leagues under the sea, the fact still remains that they managed to get a victory over the country almost unanimously considered the best in the world at the sport.
    It's a huge advantage if your players are used to playing in extraordinary conditions (eg 9400 feet above sea level) and the opposition aren't. Brazil weren't used to the conditions up there, hence a poor perfromance from them. Ecuador won 20 of their 23 qualifying wins at home, proving that its geography rather than its talent accounts for it's success in qualifying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    i don't feel france have the same quality and quality in depth that England have. Where did France train prior to the start of this world cup? You're in past tense, you mean euro 2004 or world cup 2002??
    They did that this year

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 11, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.