Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
    Yes.
    54.22%
    No (^o))
    45.78%

ReputationRep:
    I want to see a thrasing of portugal by England tbh...just to show Scolari he turned down a better team

ReputationRep:
    He has been our worst player so far in the world cup. Drop him I say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    I want to see a thrasing of portugal by England tbh...just to show Scolari he turned down a better team
    He did say the other week though that he wanted to join England, but the timing just wasn't right.

Edit: Costinha's been sent off, this game is going to be very interesting in the second half.

ReputationRep:
    People are calling for Beckham's head because he doesnt 'contribute' enough to the midfield.. well what does Lampard do? he cant run past people, cant pick out a decent pass, made poor choices in terms of shooting/passing, cant cross at all, cant tackle and CANT HIT THE TARGET!
    The only use fat frank has is to sit on the bench and keep most of it warm!

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing Portugal are going to just try and defend their lead and hit on the counter.. hopefully Holland play the wings to stretch and tire out Portugal...

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing Portugal are going to just try and defend their lead and hit on the counter.. hopefully Holland play the wings to stretch and tire out Portugal...
    I'm not sure, they are a naturally attacking team with an attacking manager, I can't see Big Phil making them sit back for 45 minutes because you're asking to concede then.

ReputationRep:
    Costinha off. I am now just hoping for a gruelling 1-1 draw AET, then Holland get through on penalties. I see Portugal as being more of a problem than the Dutch without Davids, Kluivert, Seedorf etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olliemccowan)
    I'm not sure, they are a naturally attacking team with an attacking manager, I can't see Big Phil making them sit back for 45 minutes because you're asking to concede then.
    Yes especially with ten men it's suicide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olliemccowan)
    Cristiano Ronaldo off injured, bonus if he's not fit if Portugal get through. As long as he's not injured for the start of the season with United I don't care
    completely in agreement. But i feel sorry for him for being injured and if he stays injured...i'd rather he played against us and lost to us, rather than him not playing and portugal still losing....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    completely in agreement. But i feel sorry for him for being injured and if he stays injured...i'd rather he played against us and lost to us, rather than him not playing and portugal still losing....

I don't care so long as we win! Although it didn't look serious, he was walking around after all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Yeah you do have to feel sorry for him because you can see he absolutely loves his football, I mean you could see the tears pouring out of his eyes when he was sitting on the bench after being taken off.

ReputationRep:
    According to statistics , Lampard has had more shots then any other england player. 18 before the Ecuador match, pity none went in.

He will shine but for now he should be dropped to let Gerrard play his best. Gerrard is without a doubt better but Lampard is still good, just not now.

I think beckham or lampard should be dropped in order to make way for carrick or lennon.

ReputationRep:
    I think he was crying from being in pain from the wind blowing :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I think he was crying from being in pain from the wind blowing :rolleyes:
    To be honest I did think he was making a meal of it, but he clearly had a cut where the guy had studded his thigh and unfortunately he just couldn't shake it off. That's disappointing because he's fantastic to watch as a neutral.

ReputationRep:
    Simple choice - Gerrard or Lampard in the midfield and Gerrard wins every time.

Really though, unfit Rooney on his own up front doesn't look good so perhaps put Lamps up front and stick with Carrick holding and Becks gerrard and Cole across midfield.

ReputationRep:
    Pauleta has come off for a midfielder.. i think that says sitting back tbh i mean your playing a 4-5-0 :p:

ReputationRep:
    Pauleta has come off for a midfielder.. i think that says sitting back tbh i mean your playing a 4-5-0 :p:
    True, but Portugal play 4-2-3-1, so now its just 4-2-3-0 which still gives them great options attacking up both flanks with Simao and Figo (edit: plus Deco straight through the middle)

Edit 2: Nearly equalized already!

ReputationRep:
    Need Crouch on... hes on form and links with Rooney who needs someone to play with which means dropping Lampard? lets go

ReputationRep:
    Ooh this is very interesting. Come on a Dutch equaliser and extra time!

ReputationRep:
    Figo going to be suspended. Headbutted Dutch guy.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 11, 2006
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.