Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
    Yes.
    54.22%
    No (^o))
    45.78%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FK333)
    I hate this useless piece of crap, he really does suck.

does anyone else think that this would be our perfect midfield?

---------------------Carrick---------------------------
    ------------Becks-------------Gerrard-----------------
    ---Lennon---------------------------------Cole--------

he was voted 2nd best player in the world....although personally i disagree with that decision...still a bit harsh to say that about the poor lad ! to be fair i think the problem is more the management, then the players of any given individual player...because no one has really played well for us!

ReputationRep:
    The ref was bad, but most of them deserved yellows in all honesty. Deco should have got a straight red, he was trying to finish that guy's career.

The stupid one was that guy apparently elbowing Figo.

ReputationRep:
    I know this year was the first world cup where FIFA required all officals to pass an english test... so all the refs can speak english to some degree and enough of the worlds footballers ruin the english leauges that someone on most teams will speak english...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mellie)
    Nobody's allowed to **** Frank off incase they have to do a punditry session with Jamie Redknapp. That's my theory anyway.
    Of course! Cousin Redknapp would take the fact that he was a better midfielder and didn't play as much rather personally too! I'm am under absolutly no doubt what so ever that the b*st*rd will score against Portugal and be a hero......god damn it.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Watching Italy and Australia now, i think its gonna be tricky for Italy, no Totti or Nesta but Australia are without Kewell and Emerton.

ReputationRep:
    i'm going to cautiously call this one for italy- just
    to tell the truth im far from convinced by them

ReputationRep:
    What did the commentators say about FIFA decreeing that Italy had to wear white tops today? It seems to me that Italy are wearing blue. Did i mis-hear something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfarhan)
    Remember when everyone was against Gerrard?
    Look what happens when he plays in his true position eh

ReputationRep:
    Deco will be a terrible loss cause his playstyle is unique.. Costinha is replacable!
    Cristiano will be fit like hell !! Joe cole vs Deco.. I think the winner is so obvious that I am not going to coment!

Deco will be replaced by Simão or Tiago.. Two top-class players with more speed than Deco but less technique..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morais)
    Deco will be a terrible loss cause his playstyle is unique.. Costinha is replacable!
    Cristiano will be fit like hell !! Joe cole vs Deco.. I think the winner is so obvious that I am not going to coment!

Deco will be replaced by Simão or Tiago.. Two top-class players with more speed than Deco but less technique..
    Would Figo play central and Simão wide like in your opening game?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morais)

I'm often very impartial about footballing matters, and i'd say Joe Cole, when he's on top form, is better than Deco, when he's on his top form. It's clearly not 'obvious' who is the better player, that's just your portuguese bias in full flow...and Deco dives and dives and dives and dives, almost as much as Arjen Robben, lame really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    Yet his record is the best since Robson, perhaps even Ramsay, in terms of games won. How can you say he's worse than Keegan or Hoddle?
    Ultimately, what counts, is success, and that for England, can only be measured on two basis, Euro Championships and the World Cup - forget about Erikssons qualifiying records. I do feel a semi final at this world cup would be an ok achievement, Sven could go out not too bad, disappointed about things. He'll be marked as a failure if we lose to Portugal, simple as that. Whereas, just winning that game will certainly be some boost to peoples perpectives to/of him....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    Hope so That could be 4 first-team players out - and 3 of them, Ronaldo, Figo and Deco - arguably their three best players! I'm not sure how good the other guy is but if he's a regular first-team player then he must be pretty important.

England have been lucky with their fixtures so far. They have a great chance of getting to the semis.

M8 stop dreaming.. u are so ridiculous.. There will only be 2 players out.. Deco and Costinha.. Costinha was rightly banned after the second yellow card but Deco ?? Holland lack's in fair-play.. they were a shame yesterday.. What do u say about that agression to Ronaldo.. what do u say about the first Deco's yellow card ?? ( he stoped the guy that should have passed the ball back to portugal possession)...

Cristiano will be able to play and his morale will be higher than ever !
    Figo will not be banned, stop dreaming...

England does play like a normal team.. they are not any top team.. History is one thing, but the reality is different..

ReputationRep:
    Portugal, simply are not good enough to win the World Cup. Their best isn't good enough, whereas if England get sorted out, we can win it. Stop the self delusion please Morais, you're going to feel really crappy when we kick the **** out of your team on Saturday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Brazil?? You kidding right? They've shown absolutely minimal/miniscule flair at this world cup.
    Dude, did you actually watch the Japan Match? Brazil haven't even got going yet and look at the goals they scored.

As for England, they'll beat Portugal at the weekend, merely through default. A full strength, first choice Portugal squad would wipe the floor with England.

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    last minute penalty to Italy. Cheating ****s...

ReputationRep:
    Missed the game, know that portugal won, but heard it was a little bit of a crazy game. Anyone watch it and what did they think? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    last minute penalty to Italy. Cheating ****s...
    Australia should learn that you never dive in the box!!! You dive in for a tckle and increase the chance on conceding a penlty. To be honest, the aussie player missed the ball all together.

ReputationRep:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lost money on that but it was worth it to see Aussies cheated out of the world cup

ReputationRep:
    Imo quite a dodgy decision tbh! I actually think the refs are ruining the WC!

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.