Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
    Yes.
    54.22%
    No (^o))
    45.78%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    exactly, the Italian had to (chose to) manoeuvre his left leg some distance over to the left, thus to get it in a position where it can trail and he can be tripped up. It was a poor dive too, yet the referee fell for it!!!! Crazy....
    what? you make no sense

ReputationRep:
    ok name the serial divers then? it would be no more than those on the england team.
    It's not just that - it was clear the first thing in Grosso's mind was to go to ground. That's not the way football was intended. The other Italians congratulating Grosso on winning the penalty didn't help.

ReputationRep:
    it pretty much equates to greasy....
    yes im sure it does.

keep to your stereotypes mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    haha keep watching your matches with you're rose tinted glasses. Rooney, Gerrard, Owen, both Coles, Terry - they all dive.
    fantastic examples of divers there :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    yes im sure it does.

keep to your stereotypes mate.
    gel is greasy...is it not? How is gel not greasy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    It's not just that - it was clear the first thing in Grosso's mind was to go to ground. That's not the way football was intended. The other Italians congratulating Grosso on winning the penalty didn't help.
    not really, he outmuscles the first defender.

The italians are happy that grosso managed to dribble past 2 players on his own and win a penalty, whats wrong with that?

ReputationRep:
    what? you make no sense
    No it wouldn't, because you're you!

ReputationRep:
    gel is greasy...is it not? How is gel not greasy?
    so everyone who puts gel in their hair is greasy now?

most of the ones with long hair simply put water in it, not gel.

ReputationRep:
    No it wouldn't, because you're you!
    yes i'm sure thats the reason.

ReputationRep:

they're greasy men, full stop. Greasy cheating ba ba stards.....

ReputationRep:
    not really, he outmuscles the first defender.

The italians are happy that grosso managed to dribble past 2 players on his own and win a penalty, whats wrong with that?
    Penalties aren't for your team to win, they're for the other team to concede.

How did he outmuscle Neill? Neill was already on the floor and Grosso was going past him but when he realised he couldn't get the ball he went to ground.

Italy deserved to win the game but there was no honour or pride in the way they did it.

ReputationRep:

There's nothing wrong with their greasy hair, they can't help looking silly... that doesn't stop them from being a bunch of cheats :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)

How did he outmuscle Neill? Neill was already on the floor and Grosso was going past him but when he realised he couldn't get the ball he went to ground.

Italy deserved to win the game but there was no honour or pride in the way they did it.
    exactly, I was at a restraunt watching the game with friends and I everyone cheered when Totti scored! I'm Italian and I was so dissapointed with that, Australia really had a good match. Gah, although I don't really think Grosso was a fault, that was just another piece of the bad refereeing that has plaugued this World cup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)

If you read my post again, i said Grosso outmuscles the first defender.

Neil went down, Grosso wouldve had to jump over him since he was in the way - the time he loses for doing that wouldve meant he lost the ball. Grosso doesnt have to jum over Neil. In the end, Neil was impeding Grosso's path. If Neil didnt act a fool and go to the ground after a simple Grosso dummy (who incidentally is probably one of the worst italian left backs in years) then there would have been no penalty.

ReputationRep:
    Lucas Neill will be furious, He'll probably smack the greasy ******* on his big nose.

Once again Italy proved why the whole world hates them, on the plus side, their league is going down the ****ter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zlatan)
    Lucas Neill will be furious, He'll probably smack the greasy ******* on his big nose.

Once again Italy proved why the whole world hates them, on the plus side, their league is going down the ****ter.
    wise words sir :cool:

ReputationRep:
    neil got none of the ball. He was the fool and Grosso took the present. Nice to see everyone just ignoring the **** getting sent off.
    Neill got none of the ball because he had gone to ground BEFORE the player got to him, and was trying to get out the way, or weren't you watching the game?

As for Rooney being a diver, that's somewhat of a joke. I'm guessing you didn't watch the T&T game either. There was one incident in the box when the defender obviously stood on Rooney's foot in an attempt to tackle, without taking the ball. Did Rooney go down? No, but almost any other player would've done with the contact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forkwise)
    There's nothing wrong with their greasy hair, they can't help looking silly... that doesn't stop them from being a bunch of cheats :p:
    i'm inclined to agree with you there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forkwise)
    silly? okkkkkk Besides, most of the team dont have greasy hair.

ok some players cheat on the team and i condem those players but there are no more than any other team though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zlatan)

haha coming from someone called Zlatan!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 11, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.